Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Believe in the me that believes in you!

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Believe in the me that believes in you!

Do I get my own spammy thread? Because I kinda want my own spammy thread.

I'm kindredxiuxiu, moderator of the HunterxHunter section. The 2011 anime was my gateway to the series, I read the manga in one weekend, I joined the forum, and the rest is history. I guess I've been referred to as kinny, dred, xiuxiu, and I don't know what else.

I'm a college graduate with a full time job in biological research and looking to go back to school. I guess that makes me kinda old, huh?

In general, I watch more anime that manga (I think I'm up to 10 shows for fall, 10 SHOWS!). I'm kinda lazy and have a short attention span so I don't like reading/watching long series.

I'm not going to even list what I'm watching for anime because it's huge or was huge, and I'm too lazy to look at my MAL.

Manga is more simpler since it's only a handful of series. Currently reading Kimi ni Todoke, Nisekoi (I'm trying to maintain interest, but it's waning), Nanatsu no Taizai (I need to catch up though), HxH (when it comes back from hiatus), Shingeki, Magi, and Bleach. I don't really care for Bleach, and there was a moment in time I really enjoyed it, but since it's on its final arc, I figure I might as well finish the damn thing. There are a couple more I want to check out but I can't remember them right now.

Uhhhh, happy spamming? Oh, and feel free to ask me questions and stuff like that. I don't bite, I promise.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I can make a thread here, right? RIGHT?

Did I just get the first post?

Edit: Yes, indeed I did! Welcome to MtM, kindred
    What kind of anime do you like to watch? Or rather, what's your Top 5 sleeper recommendations that are rather unpopular but great?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. Congratulations, have a cookie!

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

10 shows... How cute...

Welcome to MtM... May the spamming begin!

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Women never get older than 29.

What's your field of research? Medicine, biochemistry, genetics?

... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

HELLO I LIKE YOUR AVATAR. THAT IS ALL.

THANK YOU! - kinny
    Last edited by kindredxiuxiu; September 30, 2013 at 11:40 AM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

HI XIUXIU! DO U LYK NARUTO????

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    I guess I've been referred to as kinny, dred, xiuxiu, and I don't know what else.
    You forgot that one nickname! but I guess we couldn't use that here

Oh, and Nisekoi is.. I don't know if you're reading it for the romance or not, because I'm more attracted to the comedy aspect of it. For me personally, Nisekoi's love story is not enthralling, but comedic chapters are the one which keep me reading it. The story is currently is moving towards more intricate plot as well, but I'm not sure if you will get hooked or not.

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    No.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Haku
    What kind of anime do you like to watch? Or rather, what's your Top 5 sleeper recommendations that are rather unpopular but great?
    I like every genre. XD As long as it's entertaining, I'll watch it.

Surprisingly, I have a huge soft spot for GAR and bromances are some of the most wonderful things in anime. I prefer a good bromance over a typical romance. On that note, top 5 sleeper recommendations that aren't popular? I'm not sure how popular you're talking about, but I'm assuming things like Cowboy Bebop, NGE, TTGL, etc are out of the question. I'll try to compile a list since I'm not sure how popular some of these are (in no particular order):

1) Tsuritama
    2) Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
    3) Lovely Complex
    4) Kemono no Souja Erin [it's long (50 eps) and can be slow, but the characters and story are wonderful with a strong female protagonist]
    5) Ikoku Meiro no Croisee

I'm also adding RideBack to the list, but that may have been too popular as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Guardian
    10 shows... How cute...
    It is my hope that some season I will ascend to the ranks of you and Kaiten. Unfortunately, fall 2013 is not that season.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi
    What's your field of research? Medicine, biochemistry, genetics?
    Molecular biology. I look at DNA, stem cells, and how a liver develops. It's super exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by M3J
    Ew.

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku
    Oh, and Nisekoi is.. I don't know if you're reading it for the romance or not, because I'm more attracted to the comedy aspect of it. For me personally, Nisekoi's love story is not enthralling, but comedic chapters are the one which keep me reading it. The story is currently is moving towards more intricate plot as well, but I'm not sure if you will get hooked or not.
    I'm around about chapter 43-45ish. The only thing really keeping me enthralled with it is the comedy and the plot isn't terrible. And I don't hate most of the characters. I'm just really picky when it comes to harem series. I wouldn't recommend it to someone looking for romance, though (I'd recommend Kimi ni Todoke for that).
    Last edited by kindredxiuxiu; September 30, 2013 at 11:40 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It is my hope that some season I will ascend to the ranks of you and Kaiten. Unfortunately, fall 2013 is not that season.
    You can do it. Fighto! o/

I hope to drop at least 12 in the first week though...

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't even get a quote! Dammit, this world deserves to burn.

So I guess I should ask a question. Since asking a question related to Hiatus x Hiatus is out of the question for me, let's see what I can come up with.. Hmm, yeah, so naruto-neechan and I have actually been semi-hyping about TTGL again these last two days, so when did you watch TTGL and how big a fan are you of the series? Where do you rate it, compared to your other favorite series (obviously it's one of your favorites, anything else is blasphemy and you'd be a heretic of the Church of Kamina). Answer carefully, your future on this site is on the line.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm the opposite. I'll start low, and then pick up a couple here and there that look interesting based on reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by 3c
    So I guess I should ask a question. Since asking a question related to Hiatus x Hiatus is out of the question for me, let's see what I can come up with.. Hmm, yeah, so naruto-neechan and I have actually been semi-hyping about TTGL again these last two days, so when did you watch TTGL and how big a fan are you of the series? Where do you rate it, compared to your other favorite series (obviously it's one of your favorites, anything else is blasphemy and you'd be a heretic of the Church of Kamina). Answer carefully, your future on this site is on the line.
    I WAS going to at least give you a like, but the system was being a big poopoohead and denied it to you. D: And yes, Morgiana is beautiful and therefore deserves a spot as my ava.

Okay, don't get me started about TTGL. In a GOOD way.

TTGL is undeniably, without question or thought, my favorite anime series ever. It even transcends Cowboy Bebop (my second on the list). I watched it, I think, in 2008 in a few days after some friends recommended it to me. And it was a magical experience.

It has GAR. It has bromance. Two of my favorite things in anime. I'm also a big fan of mecha series, and I got that as well. It has romance also. Oh, and it has drama, and a quirky plot, and don't get me started with the ending (and that'd be a spoiler if someone reading this hasn't watched it. If you haven't DO SO NOW). And TTGL manages to integrate all of these beautifully. I even have a drill bit necklace my boyfriend got me as a gift.

I may need to rewatch it again soon.
    Last edited by kindredxiuxiu; September 30, 2013 at 11:49 AM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I like every genre. XD As long as it's entertaining, I'll watch it.

Surprisingly, I have a huge soft spot for GAR and bromances are some of the most wonderful things in anime. I prefer a good bromance over a typical romance. On that note, top 5 sleeper recommendations that aren't popular? I'm not sure how popular you're talking about, but I'm assuming things like Cowboy Bebop, NGE, TTGL, etc are out of the question. I'll try to compile a list since I'm not sure how popular some of these are (in no particular order):

1) Tsuritama
    2) Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
    3) Lovely Complex
    4) Kemono no Souja Erin [it's long (50 eps) and can be slow, but the characters and story are wonderful with a strong female protagonist]
    5) Ikoku Meiro no Croisee

I'm also adding RideBack to the list, but that may have been too popular as well.
    Looks like a good list. Lovely Complex was in my list to watch, and I added Jinrui and Ikoku Meiro for now. God knows when I'll be able to watch them, but still..

I ascended to their ranks this summer. Trust me, there is nothing else but pain of trying to catch up with weeklies in an entire season, battling, tears of exhaustion..

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I just watch it if I like the short summary or the preview picture...

New Reply
Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast