Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply

Thread: Entourage

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Entourage

Entourage is an American comedy-drama television series that premiered on HBO on July 18, 2004. The series was created by Doug Ellin and chronicles the rise of Vincent Chase, a young A-list film star, and his childhood friends from Queens, New York City, as they navigate the unfamiliar terrain of Hollywood, California. The show completed its sixth season and is renewed for a seventh.

Mark Wahlberg and Stephen Levinson serve as the show's co-executive producers, and the show's premise is loosely based on Wahlberg's experiences as an up-and-coming film star. The series deals with themes of male friendship and wild life in Hollywood. In accordance with this, numerous celebrities have guest-starred on the show.

Entourage revolves around Vincent Chase (Adrian Grenier). His best friend and manager is Eric Murphy (Kevin Connolly). "E", as his friends call him, is based on Mark Wahlberg's friend and executive producer Eric Weinstein.
    He's also been reported to be inspired by Stephen Levinson, Mark Wahlberg's manager.
    Vincent's older brother Johnny "Drama" Chase (Kevin Dillon), is also Vince's personal chef and trainer and bodyguard. Johnny is a D-list actor who was in the fictional show Viking Quest during his younger days. His role in the new fictional hit show Five Towns has begun to resurrect his fame and career. This character is based on Johnny "Drama" Alves (cousin of Mark Wahlberg), whom Donnie Wahlberg had hired to keep his younger brother out of trouble.

Rounding out the entourage of friends is Salvatore, known as "Turtle" (Jerry Ferrara), who is another of Vince's old friends from childhood. Turtle's official role is as Vince's driver and assistant, though his value as such is often brought into question. This character is based on Mark Wahlberg's former "gofer" Donnie Carroll aka "Donkey". Carroll auditioned for the role, but the Boston-native was turned down when it was decided the actors would have to be New Yorkers. Carroll died on December 18, 2005 after an asthma attack.

Ari Gold (Jeremy Piven) is Vince's abrasive but lovable agent. The role has led to several nominations and Emmy Awards for Piven. Ari is based on Wahlberg's real-life agent Ari Emanuel.
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Entourage

New Season 7 Spoilers:

Spoiler show

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh. My. God.

Season seven is going to be legendary.

Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

New season is back this sunday Blai, here's some stuff to look forward to:

Entourage Season 7

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

THIS SUNDAY ALREADY? I wasn't expecting it until late this summer. Oh how awesome

Thank you for poking me about it!!

Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Blai did you watch the new episode? it's back baby!!! Ari is back to his best and Dania Ramirez is as hot as always. If you haven't then get on it and let me know what you think asap!!!

Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Blai-kun, you need to hurry up and watch the new season; it's awesome. I just finished catching up tonight. Let me know when you, then we can talk about it

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Just making a post here so I'll remember this thread exists. Been watching Entourage this summer, bought the first three seasons and.. "totally didn't download" the rest.

Just about to watch the first episode of Season 5 as we speak, so I'll probably be back in this thread in like a week or so when I've caught up with the latest. (maybe a bit longer, since I'm re-watching Deadwood and also watching Dexter and a lot of anime shows at the same time).

For now, I guess I'll pose this question: Entourage is a show with tons of different, great characters. Who's your favorite, and why? I know it might not be a shocker, but for me it's either Ari or Drama.

From the very start it was Ari, because he's, well, Ari. His character is just pure entertainment from the moment he comes on the screen to when it cuts to the next scene. Even though he's almost constantly an a-hole, he's a witty and lovable a-hole (at least to watch). Jeremy Piven's acting is just golden (and I believe he did win a Golden Globe for it, right?).

Drama is comedic gold as well. He just takes himself so seriously even though he's kind of a failure. But the fact that he thinks of himself as such an awesome guy even though he isn’t... well, it makes him awesome. I know, contradictory, but you get my point. Not to mention his one-liners and jokes are probably the best in the series and his and Turtle’s constant chick-hunting are always an entertaining form of sub-plot to Vince and E’s business events and whatnot.

For third place... probably Lloyd. I think what makes him so enjoyable is that he counteracts Ari so well. His character is so believable without becoming stereotypical, and his little remarks on Ari's behaviour are always hilarious. I don't know if Rex Lee is homosexual in real life, but if he isn't, he's just as good at acting like so as Neil Patrick Harris is at acting as a hetero lady's man. In any case, Lloyd is an awesome character who really adds to the mixture of different characters in the show.

So yeah, who's your favorite/s?

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Moemin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Entourage has been on a hot-streak this season. I find myself being truly excited about every episode. I just finished watching Ep. 8 and it was amazing. Ari and Vince's problems and lives are really complicated, and although they're suffering I find myself laughing throughout the episodes because of the scenes where Ape-Drama spits his comments, he's just priceless. E's taking the big seat too with his recent bossy style, I just love it.

Ari is gold. That's got to be the best statement regarding him ever. To me he's the star of the show. The others are interesting, but as of now I'm more interested in Ari's situation and problems than I am about Vince's. Jeremy Piven is simply put an amazing actor.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

So, season is over, another one to come in 2011 and I'm really concerned about two things

Spoiler show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Entourage Season 7 has been over. I have seen the complete series. All episodes of this show were mind blowing. Now, I'm re-watching this series from its season 1st.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xadyu's Avatar
    Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Post Thanks / Like

So, what is everyone expecting for the up-coming season?

Spoiler show

And since the season is only getting eight episodes (or did they change that?) I really hope they pull out all the fucking great guns they can afford, hell, go bankrupt on the last season, I don't care, it should turn out fucking amazing!

And is the movie project still good? Because a movie would be nice, but I wouldn't know what they would do for a synopsis..

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Organizized used MAX REVIVE!

With some spoiler-ish for those who haven't seen anything of season 8 yet, but if you haven't, I suppose you dropped the show completely (like I almost did).

What do you guys think of the season so far? I gotta say, they saved it for me by cleaning up Vince right away. Now he's just a moderately annoying character with a bad actor again, which is a lot better than season 7... Well, it's not back to its glory days quality, but it seems they might be able to wrap it up without everyone's last opinion being they hate it.

Ari's marriage problems does reduce his comedic screen time, though. That's never good, but it'd seem cheap to let his problems be resolved just like that I guess... I mean, it's fine that they did it for Vince because it was either that or killing him to make me keep watching... Anyway, Drama is the highlight of the season so far.

5 episodes down, let's just hope they tie it up okay. And that the movies are of the early seasons quality.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I dropped it completely mid season seven as the show, compared to early seasons, turned out horrible.

I don't know why so many comedy shows take the drama road when it's the comedic value that suffers and at the same time it's the comedic value that built the fan-base in the first place.

Only thing that'd get me back is if Vince shapes the fuck up, so tell me Orgz...... did he?

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, like I said... Season 8 jumping directly to him being clean or being killed off were the only two options for me to keep watching, and they did. Not kill him, but the second best thing. He's still a bland whiner like always, but he's not the addict you wanted to shoot in the head with a sawed off shotgun every episode anymore, at least.

It's nowhere near on par with the earlier seasons, but they've done their best to right the biggest wrong (Vince) that season 7 had... Don't expect it to turn away from the "more drama, less comedy"-path though, especially since even Ari's life is too dramatic to bring out his comedic A game..

I guess you could say that, in my opinion, this season is watchable for those who don't want to have watched 7 seasons without getting to see how it ends. It's endurable, but I'm glad it's the last one.

Adrian Grenier is still a terrible actor, though. But Kevin Dillon and Jeremy Piven are still awesome.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply