Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Travel Abroad & Tour Guide

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ideal Vacation Travel Locations & Places I have Visited Already Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    I'm congolese but I've been living in UK for the last 12 years but apparently I still have a hint of my accent . How long were you in Manhattan for? seems like a nice place, from what I see in TV and stuff.
    Brazzaville Congo or Zaire ? My brother in law is currently working in Pointe Noire. My sister will probably visit him for summer but I'm not sure to accompany them. It's not the best of Africa there

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Brazzaville Congo or Zaire ? My brother in law is currently working in Pointe Noire. My sister will probably visit him for summer but I'm not sure to accompany them. It's not the best of Africa there
    Congo-Kinshasa(DR Congo, formerly Zaire). Ah Pointe Noire is in Brazzaville if I remember correctly. It should be okay but don't take my word for it, I dunno the situation over there. Even my country has calmed down now in terms of civil wars and protests and stuff but I wouldn't really recomment it. Heck, I've never been back once in the 12 years since I left

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

where do/did you go on holiday?(if you go)

as the title says,this thread has the aim to talk about where people go on holiday.
    I start: 23/7 I'm going to Sharm-El-Sheik. first time to me,I've already been in Asia and America (and in Europe,obviously). this time I'll be in Africa as well.
    Last edited by mattiaildivino; July 08, 2011 at 03:27 PM.

Translator/Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone visited Costa Rica? What would be must-see and do's?
    Translators' Academy l Translators' Classroom
    Play Japanese shiritori word game!
    [NEW] Shiritori Word Chain Thread @TA Classroom
    Check out out new Summer Threads @TA Classroom!

Translator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member himitsu87's Avatar
    Country
    Kuwait
    Post Thanks / Like

Countries I'd been to:

Italy, Belgium, USA, UK, France, Switzerland, Germany, Oman, Bahrain, UAE, Qatar, Malaysia, India, Singapore, Netherlands, && Saudi Arabia.

Mangas, and graphic novels translation website.
    TWITTER
    DEVIANTART
    FACEBOOK

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you feel about singapore?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend who works in SIngapore so I hope to go there once at least :-)

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Portugal is a real nice place to visit. I live in the Algarve which is the southernmost region of the country and also the one which most tourist visits. There are plenty of beaches and nice towns and a lot of places to golf as well (especially in Vilamoura, a very green town where I used to live). Unfortunately I think that the Algarve, as well as a lot of places in Portugal, have not been developed properly. This place could be like the French and Italian Rivieras but it seems like nobody has a clue in how developing it. There are plenty of other beautiful places to visit, such as Sintra, a very beautiful place in the mountains which is full of palaces and manors. The major cities of Lisbon and Porto are also pretty great.

Scotland is also a very beautiful place to visit. It's so green and pleasant. The town where my grandfather lives is pretty small, but so picturesque. Like in the rest of Britain, there are plenty of castles and stately homes open to the public, a lot of them featuring gorgeous architecture and gardens. The capital Edinburgh is one of the most beautiful cities I've visited, and Glasgow's pretty nice too.

Now that I'm done plugging my countries, I'd also recommend going to Spain. Seeing as I don't live too far from the country, I tend to go there a lot on holidays. Costa del Sola is perfect for the summer, Andalusia has such a rich culture, the north of Spain has some incredible landscapes and Barcelona is like one of the best cities ever (so beautiful!). I've also been to the US (Florida), France, Germany, England, the Nederlands as well as Switzerland. Florida was awesome, though I don't remember much seeing as I was like 7 years old at the time. I've only really seen Paris in France, and even then not so much due to there being riots at the time. There are so many places I want to go to in France, so many great sights to see. I'm dying to see the rest of Germany as I only spent time in Freiburg im Breisgau, a real pleasant city to visit. My time in Switzerland consisted mostly of driving around, seeing the incredible landscapes outside the car windows. Same with the Nederlands.

Oh, and I've also been to Andorra, which is a pretty great place to do some snowboarding!

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Dancing wind's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Abroad Thread

After planning and saving for quite a while, I'll be going to New York in February. I hope I get my visa

update 07-July-2012

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm planning to go to mexico in July and then go to Europe ..
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EMS View Post
    i'm planning to go to mexico in July and then go to Europe ..
    Anywhere in particular you plan on going to in Europe? It's a big place...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner carlosgmsousa's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I was born in Venezuela to portuguese parents. At age 4 I moved to Portugal and have been living there ever since. I've visited Spain, the UK and Ireland. My dream is to visit Japan someday. I would also love to visit the USA, Australia and French Polynesia!
    Everyone lives bound by their own knowledge and awareness. That is called reality. But knowledge and awareness are vague, and perhaps better called illusions. Everyone lives within their own subjective interpretation - Uchiha Itachi

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carlosgmsousa View Post
    I was born in Venezuela to portuguese parents. At age 4 I moved to Portugal and have been living there ever since. I've visited Spain, the UK and Ireland. My dream is to visit Japan someday. I would also love to visit the USA, Australia and French Polynesia!
    We've got similar countries of interests carlos. Where in Ireland and UK have you visited? and have you been back to Venezuela since you were born?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner carlosgmsousa's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

We've got similar countries of interests carlos. Where in Ireland and UK have you visited? and have you been back to Venezuela since you were born?
    I went back to Venezuela on a holliday trip 17 years ago! So that's a long time! I still have family there but unfortunately I never got back since that trip. But the family still visits Portugal every year. In the UK I've visited mainly the south cities of Brighton and London. In Ireland mainly the west coast and the north, Dublin, Drogheda, Navan, Kells, Dundalk, Portadown, Belfast and Antrim.

---------- Post added at 04:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

Congo-Kinshasa(DR Congo, formerly Zaire). Ah Pointe Noire is in Brazzaville if I remember correctly. It should be okay but don't take my word for it, I dunno the situation over there. Even my country has calmed down now in terms of civil wars and protests and stuff but I wouldn't really recomment it. Heck, I've never been back once in the 12 years since I left
    How long have you lived there? And do you know any native congolese language? I've never been to Africa...
    Everyone lives bound by their own knowledge and awareness. That is called reality. But knowledge and awareness are vague, and perhaps better called illusions. Everyone lives within their own subjective interpretation - Uchiha Itachi

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carlosgmsousa View Post
    I went back to Venezuela on a holiday trip 17 years ago! So that's a long time! I still have family there but unfortunately I never got back since that trip. But the family still visits Portugal every year. In the UK I've visited mainly the south cities of Brighton and London. In Ireland mainly the west coast and the north, Dublin, Drogheda, Navan, Kells, Dundalk, Portadown, Belfast and Antrim.
    17 years? Woah that's a long time. I was only in Dublin for a few days but it was a brilliant city, I found. Yes, it wasn't cheap but the people were real friendly and the surroundings and weather just made it lovely. We visited most of the typical places; the Guiness storehouse, Phoenix park, Viking museum, wax museum, and a few others. We bought this 2 day ticket for attractions entry and transport as we landed at the airport. It's something I'd recommend if you are planning to see a lot of things in a short amount of time, as we did and turns out we saved a bit of money on it.

How did you like these cities in Ireland? The only other place I know to visit is Cork; I've a family friend that lives there and has invited me next time I'm around the country.

I've never been Brighton myself, a few school friends of mine moved there for uni from London and they've told me it's a nice city; quite student orientated.

Quote Quote:
    How long have you lived there? And do you know any native congolese language? I've never been to Africa...
    In Congo? since my birth til about '99 then I've been in the UK ever since. I know my native congolese language, yes. Would you like to travel to the continent one day?

New Reply
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast