Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Luffy will die when One piece ends.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Luffy will die when One piece ends.

I wouldn't be suprised if Luffy dies by the story's conclusion. The Gears eat away at his life. Ivankov's "treatments" eat away at his life. Several Mugiwaras have commented on the severity of the Gears on Luffy's body. Ivankov further illustrates this trend with numerous comments too, such as his "You'll be throwing your life away!" statement. Furthermore, consider the Luffy-Roger parallel. Roger died shortly after becoming Pirate King. Obviously Luffy will become the next Pirate King, and like Roger, won't have long to live. Luffy going out in a bang will ensure that the concept of pirates Roger, Shanks, and Luffy represent - pursuing dreams/romance - willl continue on.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member johnnyb7's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can definitely see Luffy dying at the end of the series.
    Brooke will meet Laboon again and be happy.
    Usopp will reunite with Kaya and marry her, starting a family.
    Zoro will become a new shichibukai, replacing Shanks I'm guessing, traveling the world doing whatever he wants lol, if not this he may marry Tashigi and become a part of the marines? maybe? lol, or maybe him and jewelry bonney will have a thing
    Chopper will return to his home town and cure all the diseases there
    Franky will work on ships with Iceberg again
    Nami and Sanji will live together, Sanji owning a restaurant and Nami overcharging everything
    Robin will be a part of the new world order that sets in or become a part of the world government assuming it's fixed of its flaws

I'm thinking Luffy will have a child with someone (maybe Hancock?) and that Usopp will have a child with Kaya, and that they'll meet up in the last chapter of the manga ever.

I think that'd be a good ending, just my prediction though.
    One Piece Predictions
    Spoiler show

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Tinori's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb7 View Post
    I can definitely see Luffy dying at the end of the series.
    Brooke will meet Laboon again and be happy.
    Usopp will reunite with Kaya and marry her, starting a family.
    Zoro will become a new shichibukai, replacing Shanks I'm guessing, traveling the world doing whatever he wants lol, if not this he may marry Tashigi and become a part of the marines? maybe? lol, or maybe him and jewelry bonney will have a thing
    Chopper will return to his home town and cure all the diseases there
    Franky will work on ships with Iceberg again
    Nami and Sanji will live together, Sanji owning a restaurant and Nami overcharging everything
    Robin will be a part of the new world order that sets in or become a part of the world government assuming it's fixed of its flaws

I'm thinking Luffy will have a child with someone (maybe Hancock?) and that Usopp will have a child with Kaya, and that they'll meet up in the last chapter of the manga ever.

I think that'd be a good ending, just my prediction though.
    no way this will happen, because once they get one piece they will become too infamous to get back to their normal lives in east blue. Remember there will be a bigger EPIC WAR coming between the revolutionaries and the World government. This time the Tenryūbito will step in with their own military force to back up the world government.

Luffy will go out with a bang and i think the crew will most likely stay together. They will visit their homes after the battles to bring any family members with them to find a new home and go into hiding.

Zoro wont become a new shichibukai. He does seem to have love interest with Tashigi though..

Nami and Sanji wont live together. I think Sanji will stay single rest of his life and Nami is too wild to tame.

Franky wont work on ships with Iceberg again because he swear not to make anymore ships after sunny. If he wanted to do this he would have stayed in water 7. Plus he's even more infamous now then before, he can not possibly stay in water 7 anymore.

I still think Luffy will die either in battle or from over abuse of his own body. But not after he accomplished all his goals first.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

surely this is going to be true !! but but but .................. u can wait for another 5yrs or so !! and i am ready to wait

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I All ways thought that at the end sanji and robin , zoro and tashigi, usopp and kaya , luffy and nami will become couples or hope. I think luffy will die but not before the world goverment falls and thoughs dame dragons pay for there sins.
    all spelling mistakes are copyrighted to mars0103

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner xboxrox's Avatar
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

please no! zoro belongs to nami! brookes devil fruit power hasn't shown yet. he might be able to cure luffy later..

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't want Luffy to follow Roger. I think after Luffy finds One Piece he will join his dad in the war against World Government to overthrow them.
    And if Luffy will have grave problems with his health there is Chopper to cure him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt Luffy will die..
    The only way I'd see that as likely is if it's to save his nakama or the people of the world..

But no.. let's not go there.

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poneglyph420 View Post
    I doubt Luffy will die..
    The only way I'd see that as likely is if it's to save his nakama or the people of the world..

But no.. let's not go there.
    Second it.

It doesn't mean if Roger died when he became PK, Luffy will die when he became PK.

Since Luffy/ SH Crew will fight the WG after this because of the blank century of whatever it is since this has been build up from the start and cannot be ignored.

Sure Luffy won't be able to reach what his age might be but he will live long enough.
    CLEANED

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Luffy will die when One piece ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinori View Post
    no way this will happen, because once they get one piece they will become too infamous to get back to their normal lives in east blue. Remember there will be a bigger EPIC WAR coming between the revolutionaries and the World government. This time the Tenryūbito will step in with their own military force to back up the world government.

Franky wont work on ships with Iceberg again because he swear not to make anymore ships after sunny. If he wanted to do this he would have stayed in water 7. Plus he's even more infamous now then before, he can not possibly stay in water 7 anymore.

I still think Luffy will die either in battle or from over abuse of his own body. But not after he accomplished all his goals first.
    His theory is basing of a time when the World Government/Mary Joa[Celestial Dragons: which army besides the Marines? nothing was implied till now] was taken over by the Revolutionaries & Mugiwara Alliance, please read it all through before you post. :P So there is no need to hide for "hero/good" pirates anymore with a correct Marine force. They never did something bad besides fighting against foul forces and steal a little bit of gold [That was offered to them or taken from other pirate crews].
    Quote Originally Posted by xboxrox View Post
    please no! zoro belongs to nami! brookes devil fruit power hasn't shown yet. he might be able to cure luffy later..
    Eh Brooks Devil Fruit was already used and it was a "one-time" power, bringing back from the dead. It doesn't keep him alive, it just made his skelleton able to live like a normal human. His powers and speed are due to him being so light and his prior experience as a pirate.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member phudinhcao3's Avatar
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah... agree with the thread's starter that the genius always dies young and manga with happy ending is very often nowaday

but you know that the man who will decides this is Oda )
    and you also know that he knows the way to make us surprise, too )

:"> :"> you're Jay Park, i know who you're :">:">

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member p1xel's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I don`t think this will happen.
    Maybe beacuse i don`t want to?:X
    After that great story,this would be such a tearful ending,but i prefer the happy ending...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cyber34's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinori View Post
    I've thought about this for a while now. I dunno if anyone have bring this up yet.

But I notice there have been a lot of reference to luffy's health throughout the manga ever since he acquired his new technique (gear 2 and 3).

After impel town where he lost more of his lifespan to the poison and now going through all the damage done to him at the marine HQ. I think Oda is setting up the backbone of luffy's early death.

Like many famous pirates before him the talented always die young and it does make for great story/ending.

In 10 years time when one piece concludes, luffy might conquer the seas but his final adventure might end with him self sacrifice for the sake of his crew or another form of early death.

At the moment I can not see him settling down with wife and kids after his adventures. He will go out with a bang.

I think this is possible now that Oda shows us how he can kill a main/loved character in one piece. It will be sad but I think it will be a fitting ending for Luffy and one piece. Live happily ever after have been used too often already..

Just a thought, what does everyone else think?
    After a 2 year timeskip being introduced which I do not like, that presents the potential for characters personality and appearace to change drastically, I wouldn't be surprised if he does die.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wrstljr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that he will also die, but peacefully like Roger did.

If Luffy does die, it is the biggest death in the history of Manga/Video Games/Novelization.

I believe that Raftel is the first Island Luffy set out on, and that after circling the New World and conquering everything they will come to the realization that "One Piece" was the adventure they had all set out on, there is no final island cause the world is round.

This is insanely unlikely because there must be some real thing behind the Celestial Dragons and Will of D and everything, but I thought it'd be a good poetic end for OP.

Luffy would sacrifice himself like Roger to inspire future generations to go out and adventure.
    My Review of Zetman! Try this one out...despite the Lame Name its a great read...

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34132

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy != Roger, even if they both share the same spirit. Luffy neither has an mortal illness, nor does he have a reason to die for anybody yet, conversely he wants to have fun with them and this 2Y time skip will help them to rescue him in dangerous situations. Rayleighs training, the uprising of the revolutionaries, what points to such an end? Odacchi may love Toriyama, but the hero dying wouldn't be a good end for such a humorous stoy.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast