Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Luffy will die when One piece ends.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Luffy will die when One piece ends.

Finding One Piece is supposed to bring a giant storm and to change the world drastically. I guess Roger created this treasure for that purpose and only because he could not lead this " revolution. " So Luffy won't die at the end of the story simply because he's going to do better than the former Pirate King - becoming Pirate King AND leading the One Piece revolution.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Santoryu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    Finding One Piece is supposed to bring a giant storm and to change the world drastically. I guess Roger created this treasure for that purpose and only because he could not lead this " revolution. " So Luffy won't die at the end of the story simply because he's going to do better than the former Pirate King - becoming Pirate King AND leading the One Piece revolution.
    Those have been my thoughts for awhile now. Hence with why Rayleigh talking to Robin about what they learned and that as they are now they wouldn't be able to do a thing about what happened during the blank century because they were not strong enough yet, and hopefully will be when they reach the end. Also, with Dragon being Luffy's dad, I could see a third arc happening after Luffy becomes the pirate king which would entail the revolution against the world government and a new era being created.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Skyrius's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always thought that One Piece wouldn't be the standard large amounts of gold type treasure (although that should be part of it), but what really got me was Whitebeard's words about how Teach wouldn't be the one to "meet Roger" and carry on his will. Which makes me think that One Piece also has to do with the Will of D.

That being said, I would absolutely rage if Oda-sensei killed off Luffy. Yes it would be totally out of left-field at that point, but I can't for the life of me see why he would do it. Killing Luffy after everything just seems mean-spirited at that point.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The way I see the manga ending is the strawhat pirates getting past raftel and going to reverse mountain once again. Once that happens we see them all thinking "soo.... what now" and after a pause "again! kampai" and the manga ends...

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

But what would the conclusion to the Void Century and all things Rayleigh said at Shanbodi A. be, if it were just to end after they see the Red Line again? Oda adding that just for imagination wouldn't make any sense and many fans would be disappointed.
    Last edited by Schabrak; August 27, 2010 at 08:21 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member triniman121's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy just can't die..... He needs to live to carry on the new age. what's the point of dying when he stated that being the pirate king means you have the most freedom in the sea... If you die there is no freedom for your crew or people you know. it could have monopoly effect.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

This is my prediction:

He will find one piece, be the king etc etc but leave one piece alone to continue the pirate age. With years being taken out of him from injected hormones, he will get near to the end of his life. Chopper will produce medicine to keep him alive until they get back to SA. He will die there after disbanding the crew and die as the pirate king. Maybe he'd do a roger and reignite the flame of the pirate age (like WB also).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

By the time Luffy dies, he will already have young trainees in his crew ready to carry on his will.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Skyrius's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just highly doubt Oda would actually write Luffy's death into the story. I mean, obviously he'll die eventually, but I just don't see it playing a part in the story.

Gol D. Roger's death has already set off a storm, and I just don't think it would have the same effect or be as impactful just to repeat that with Luffy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Darek Khort's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Although I like the general idea of Luffy dying at the end cause it makes sense with all the strain he is putting his body under...I just don't think he would die. Chopper will save him.
    One Piece is about the happy adventures of Luffy and co. I don't think it would end with Luffy dying.

To me, the ending will be Luffy and strawhats reaching Raftel. After waiting a while for the log pose to change he then tells his crew to turn back and they'll start another adventure - this time using a different route from the one they used (you know how there are multiple routes possible?) and a new adventure begins! And that will be the end. This also thus leaves open for a million fan-based continuations of the story.
    Either that or upon arriving at Raftel they find a ponygleph that tells them that One Piece is back at East Blue or something like that where Roger was born. So then they'll experience new adventures using a different route.

Pirates like Luffy don't want to obtain One Piece, cause then their adventures would be all over. By the time they reach Raftel each crew member will be mature enough to not care about One Piece anymore and instead want to go on new adventures with each other.

And I just don't see Luffy dying, repeating what Roger did.
    I think every single crew member will not have fulfilled their dreams by the end - because if they did then their adventures would pretty much stop given they have no more goals.
    Last edited by Darek Khort; September 06, 2010 at 04:25 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont believe he will die from disease nor gear2/gear3/ivankov's treatment. I bet, like Roger, he will execute himself with a truce with WG or something. I highly predict that he will go willfully, like Roger. Oda is a genius, and i think the best stories are ones that have a sacrifice, like the protagonist dying, and leave u off on a cliffhanger, (painful,but enjoyable) and leave u off to decide what comes next or the ones that end with the beginning. Luffy dies as King, and inspires more good pirates. (unsavage, caring ones. Like Garp said about Roger, "his actions were as pure as a baby's)

"To me, the ending will be Luffy and strawhats reaching Raftel. After waiting a while for the log pose to change he then tells his crew to turn back and they'll start another adventure - this time using a different route from the one they used (you know how there are multiple routes possible?) and a new adventure begins! And that will be the end. This also thus leaves open for a million fan-based continuations of the story.
    Either that or upon arriving at Raftel they find a ponygleph that tells them that One Piece is back at East Blue or something like that where Roger was born. So then they'll experience new adventures using a different route."
    I dont think this will happen, if Luffy starts a new journey, it wouldnt be fun, as he would be the strongest man already. Good idea, a new adventure, but unlikely, as half the appeal of the story is from the way the characters grow and evolve

"I've always thought that One Piece wouldn't be the standard large amounts of gold type treasure (although that should be part of it), but what really got me was Whitebeard's words about how Teach wouldn't be the one to "meet Roger" and carry on his will. Which makes me think that One Piece also has to do with the Will of D.

That being said, I would absolutely rage if Oda-sensei killed off Luffy. Yes it would be totally out of left-field at that point, but I can't for the life of me see why he would do it. Killing Luffy after everything just seems mean-spirited at that point."
    If Luffy turns himself in, then would it reduce ur rage? i mean, Luffy seems like that, proven when Buggy was gonna kill him. I agree, One Piece has to do with the Will of D. I dont think One Piece is a solid object at all. Maybe the pride of conquering the grand line? something corny or something. The freedom Luffy was wishing for? And it is confirmed well nearly, that there is actual solid gold treasure, since Roger was stating that he left his wealth and stuff there. What i dont see is Shanks dying, since Luffy must return his hat.
    Last edited by Bobbina; October 17, 2010 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member triniman121's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How can he die when he is the one whitebeard stated in his prophecy... the man who will carry the will of D or was it the people on his back and destroy the WG

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

like i said a truce? Destroying the Wg then dying? Oda is a man who has many characters, many stories, many paths, many legacies. All things must tie up in the end, the will of die, the death of Roger,One Piece itself, The Void Centuy, etc. Oda seems to be someone who makes the end the beginning. How average it would be to have Luffy win, the WG destroyed and it ends. Wouldn't it be excited and grand and unique if Luffy dies? Ending with the beginning. The problem with stories are that they are predictable, and end with everything happy. Thats why i like stories that end with the beginning of another, one with sacrifice, or once with peace and everyone winning. Those are unexpected, new, thrilling. And Roger's last words? "I will never die" This meant that as long as piracy existed, as long as people carried out Roger's legacy. It'd be "Romantic" to have it end like that

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

If a death is predictable, it's a bad plot device. You certainly haven't seen/read many Anime/Manga, to not realize that "The Hero Dies" is an already overused cliche/trope. Who wants to see him die? For what reason, just that somebody else can go onto the same path he did? What reason would he have to let other people suffer through the things he had to? Haven't you realized that Luffy is the the One Roger was searching for, the one after 800 years of suffering to create a world at peace? That's the theme Oda was hinting to the whole time, revealed in fully at Whitebeards death, the climax of the current story. Luffy dying for the same reason Roger did, would give a very foul aftertaste. He doesn't have to die to encourage a new generation of pirates, that's what his haki is for. IMO you didn't understand the plot of One Piece.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

uh if its his organs being harmed , cant Franky just turn Luffy into a Cyborg hybrid or something like what he did to himself??So luffy will lose some of his rubberyness , but he will stull live and guide his crew like a true captain should

New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast