Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Luffy will die when One piece ends.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Luffy will die when One piece ends.

Nah, all of you got it wrong!

After the big war against the WG, Luffy retires and opens a small restaurant Captain D's , any idiot dares to complains about his terrible bad food will get beaten the crap out of them.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Well im not sure if one piece will be over by the time oda retires. Let alone luffy die at the end.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought about Luffy dying at the end aswell. But right now it doesn't really make sense. Luffy is supposed to achieve what Roger couldn't. Whatever destiny it is that he has to fulfill - he will fulfill it. And killng him after he achieved whatever it is he has to achieve wouldn't really be necessary anymore. I mean there might be a timeskip when Luffy is older and maybe then he dies and we see the birth of a new era. But killing Luffy right after he becomes the pirate king doesn't really make sense to me.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Just remembered thanks to australopithecus' post that luffy used 10 years of his life for healing himself by ivo(was that the name of that okama?) before fighting megallan. Omg! I dont want luffy to get old until the manga gets over.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sameel View Post
    Just remembered thanks to australopithecus' post that luffy used 10 years of his life for healing himself by ivo(was that the name of that okama?) before fighting megallan. Omg! I dont want luffy to get old until the manga gets over.
    I know. That's part of the reason why I thought Luffy would die for sure. But think about it. Roger and his crew wanted something big to happen but he couldn't do it because they weren't ready and because he was about to die due to his illness. This thing they wanted to achieve is supposed to be achieved by Luffy. If he just dies aswell before achieving it then his story was pointless and we could've watched Gold Roger's story instead of his since nothing would've changed.

But after he achieves it killing him doesn't make sense anymore. So Luffy changes the world (by overthrowing WG or whatever) and then dies afterwards? What's the point?

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuroKarasu View Post
    I know. That's part of the reason why I thought Luffy would die for sure. But think about it. Roger and his crew wanted something big to happen but he couldn't do it because they weren't ready and because he was about to die due to his illness. This thing they wanted to achieve is supposed to be achieved by Luffy. If he just dies aswell before achieving it then his story was pointless and we could've watched Gold Roger's story instead of his since nothing would've changed.

But after he achieves it killing him doesn't make sense anymore. So Luffy changes the world (by overthrowing WG or whatever) and then dies afterwards? What's the point?
    Well luffy did want a bronze statue. So maybe he accomplishes what he is supposed to accomplish and dies later. Leaving the statue as a memory. I would hate that ending. But it is a possibility.

New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9