Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Luffy will die when One piece ends.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meepers4982's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Luffy will die when One piece ends.

i dont know i honestly dont think luffy will die at the conclusion of the manga mainly because he wants to beat Gol d. roger and i think that includes him not dying. Also oda would probably want to make the ending happy especially after what all the characters have been through with their past and everything.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Ecuador
    Post Thanks / Like

For me One Piece ending with Luffy dying during some fight/stunt would be just honest. He bets his life all the time and always win - so far. If risks are real, continuous betting will bring Luffy's downfall.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nonlife's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Carrying on a "person's will" seems to be one of the main highlights in this manga, so if Luffy DOES die in the end, I'm sure Oda will ensure us that his "will" has been passed over to someone else.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Roark's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I for one would never want Luffy to die but it does seem very possible that in the end; of after a glorious battle his vigorous hyper heart would finally be calmed, and his will would be passed on.. a son maybe? Just sayin.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member modoki's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

If thats the case, Luffy better may Hancock pregnant and pull a Portugas D. Rogue before heading off to the NW

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think it would have anything to do with demons but it could have something to do with the will of D

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by modoki View Post
    If thats the case, Luffy better may Hancock pregnant and pull a Portugas D. Rogue before heading off to the NW
    even if luffy die in end and have pregnant wife/lover she would not need to pull a Portugas D. Rogue because when he die he would have done his job (destroy WG)

i think luffy will not die in end but after last war we may see 1 chapter of what all SHP doing years after

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meepers4982 View Post
    i dont know i honestly dont think luffy will die at the conclusion of the manga mainly because he wants to beat Gol d. roger and i think that includes him not dying. Also oda would probably want to make the ending happy especially after what all the characters have been through with their past and everything.
    Your suggestion can be used to suggest the Mugiwaras will be be going in the same direction as Gold Roger's crew, disbanding. Usopp plans on returning home to Kaya, Brooke plans on accompanying Laboon, Nami needs to visit the rest of the world's oceans, etc. After circumnavigating the Grandline the crew will lose some of their impetus to stick together.

We'll probably end up with an epilogue since Oda probably can't resist showing something like Admiral Coby. Luffy is not guaranteed a long-life because of the injuries he accumulated over the Grandline, especially in the Marineford War. What could happen is Luffy's hat being showcased with a new character who will become 'Pirate King' after Luffy.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

If Luffy dies it would be by saving everybody's life from some explosion on anything else, provocating the end of the WG of something's like that, I don't know.
    Or maybe we will have some other episodes of what happens after their journey, where they go and what the discover. Maybe Oda will want to continue for fun the story, since he really loves it.
    Well he said it's in a long time, so it's fine :P

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Shouldn't Nami be able to visit the entire world's ocean by being with the Strawhats? Not sure if Usopp can return to Kaya after being with Luffy and being the one who burned down the World Government flag, even if he did it masked. I don't see the crew disbanding without Luffy ordering them to, as it's basically the bonds that drew them in akd kept them together no matter what happened. The only reason why Rogers, as far as I know, disbanded his crew was because he was dying, and there was no reason to stick together. I could see Strawhats sticking together for a long time.

But I really don't see Luffy dying, not anything short of a horrible disease because of his durability. The injuries he's gotten and the power he's used will likely affect him, but I don't think it'll shorten his life so much that he'll die within the next ten or twenty years. Though, there could be a timeskip where Luffy's dead, but his legacy still lives on and he's honored deeply by numerous people.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yes it will mimic rogers death. he will get sick from his ability. Some of his techniques are bad for his health. I really think roger had the same fruit as well but then im sure the government or some1 else would have mentioned it.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Lostromos's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    yes it will mimic rogers death. he will get sick from his ability. Some of his techniques are bad for his health. I really think roger had the same fruit as well but then im sure the government or some1 else would have mentioned it.
    What makes you think that Roger had the Gomu Gomu Devil fruit ( or any fruit at all ) ? Yourself ,admit that someone would have notice and mention it till now if that was the case. You contradict your own words.

Roger might had a Devil fruit , but definately not the same as Luffy. There are plenty of caracters that have fought with or against Roger and have also seen/witnessed Luffy's ability. I am sure there would be someone, who would mention until now, that Luffy has the same Devilf fruit as the old Pirate King had ( if he had any ).
    Last edited by Lostromos; May 09, 2013 at 10:39 AM.

Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Shoshinsha, you have a complex statement. I also think that Luffy will die at the end of One Piece.

At the end of One Piece, I think Luffy is going to have a tough match with Kurohige or maybe Akainu. But as far as I know, I think he is going to conquer Grand Line but will die at the most possible age 30. Then maybe he will have a disease like Roger suffered by encountering countless of enemies and maybe Luffy`s health will start to be dehydrating and Chopper will have the duty to cure him but maybe Luffy will deny Chopper`s aid and then die peacefully in front of his crew.

Well then, I predict after his death, the world will know it and obviously the new era of Pirates will begin or something and like Roger, maybe Luffy will have a lover like him, most probably Silk and they will have a daughter or a son or something and the Straw Hat Pirates will tell their story to Luffy`s child and it will be upon Luffy`s child`s decision whether he is going to be a Pirate or a Marine (Kaizoku watashi no Kaihe)

This is not a theory though, this is just a thing that may happen at the end of One Piece, basically.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think he will die by the government or illness from gear second.

I think the strawhats will split up and disappear. He will live on his own to eventually die peacefully on some island while creating his own poneglyph like the man from 800 years ago-.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy's mortal, so of course he'll die. Also, it probably won't be before OP ends (that'd just be dumb), so if we take "when" to mean "after" (which I believe is a valid grammatical construction), then yeah, he'll die when OP ends.

However, he will accomplish what Roger couldn't (whatever it is) and there'll be a happy ending. Also, he won't die because of an illness like Roger, because that'd just be uncreative writing.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast