Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The Music Thread

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: All-Purpose Music Hangout Thread

Since there already existed a Music HO Thread I merged it together with the "All-Purpose Music Hangout Thread".

Enjoy :-)
    Last edited by blai; May 08, 2010 at 01:49 PM.
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Music Thread

New Aguilera leak today. Not sure if it's gonna be on the LP or if it's just a sample, eitherway here we go. Christina Aguilera - Woo Hoo (ft. Nicki Minaj).

It's one of those look-at-me-imma-slut songs again, but I find it's not that bad actually. It's upbeat and could be a pretty nice partysong.
    Last edited by Evil3ye; May 09, 2010 at 03:39 AM. Reason: link lol

Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not a bad tune at all, plus having Niki Minaj on there is bound to boost sales and popularity since she's so big right now on collabos. I can see this being heard on the radio quite a lot during the summer.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evil3ye View Post
    Gorillaz changed their style a lot, from the very first Clint Eastwood single that is. This album is very pop influenced with a lot of electro beats, so fans of their previous Lps (even though Demon Dayz was also not that hiphopish anymore) might not like it that much. Personally I didn't mind their change of genre, however I find Plastic Beach is pretty much a mediocre tune.

Fav track would be Empire Ants (actually just the second part of the song with Little Dragon).
    I like all three of their albums and you're right ,E3, they've changed their sound quite a bit since the Gorillaz LP. Plastic Beach was weak imo. I preferred the sounds of Demon Dayz more tbh.

I would love to see a Gorillaz & Basement Jaxx collaboration!
    Now that would be awesome.

Btw - Have any of you heard of Deltron 3030? "Gorillaz" were originally formed and created from that supergroup lol. Best song from Deltron 3030 is definitely "Time Keeps On Slipping".

Quote Originally Posted by Blai View Post
    Since there already existed a Music HO Thread I merged it together with the "All-Purpose Music Hangout Thread".

Enjoy :-)
    lol I didn't see this old thread before.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil3ye View Post
    New Aguilera leak today. Not sure if it's gonna be on the LP or if it's just a sample, eitherway here we go. Christina Aguilera - Woo Hoo (ft. Nicki Minaj).

It's one of those look-at-me-imma-slut songs again, but I find it's not that bad actually. It's upbeat and could be a pretty nice partysong.
    Song is utter crap. "Catchy"? yes I can see this being played on the radio. Nicki Minaj has been heavily featured on so many tracks this year. Same thing what Lil Wayne did in the build up of his Carter III LP debut. She kinda bite Foxy Brown's flow (and tone) but I think she's still got talent (lyrically!) but doesn't show it too often these dayz....I hope her own LP lives up to the hype.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ~Buggy*Fly~
    I like all three of their albums and you're right ,E3, they've changed their sound quite a bit since the Gorillaz LP. Plastic Beach was weak imo. I preferred the sounds of Demon Dayz more tbh.

I would love to see a Gorillaz & Basement Jaxx collaboration!
    Now that would be awesome.

Btw - Have any of you heard of Deltron 3030? "Gorillaz" were originally formed and created from that supergroup lol. Best song from Deltron 3030 is definitely "Time Keeps On Slipping".
    I guess it's true Gorillaz changed quite a bit, but I still like their new album. Especially after a couple of listen-throughs.

I guess the reason I'm not that against their change in sound is that they're still not very mainstream. They've got some songs on each album that make good MTV and radio singles, but the albums are usually not crafted for that purpose, which is what I always liked about them.

Also, the guys in Deltron 3030 weren't the guys who formed Gorillaz. The only two members of Gorillaz are Damon Albern and... the illustrator guy. The guys of Deltron 3030 did guest appear on the first album, though. Also, I agree on the song choice!

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

^^

Favourite song(s) atm?

Nas & Damien Marley - Tribal War Feat. Knaan
    Pendulum - Watercolour
    B.o.B - Nothin' On You

Best album you purchased/downloaded recently?

I would have to say Mos Def - The Ecstatic. Probably the best hip hop album that's come out in a LONG TIME. Great production, no aritificial features to boost sales, great vibes and top notch lyricism as always. Overall, a solid lp for the streets.

Alicia Keys - Element Of Freedom was really good as well!

Worst album that you have ever purchased/downloaded?

Not Applicable.

Favourite album cover? Do you have one? lol

To be confirmed. XD

What are you looking forward (music-related off course) to the most this year? (E.g. Artist album release, concert ticket release dates, award ceremony, etc, etc)

Album releases mainly:
    - Nas & Damien Marley - Distant Relatives LP.
    - Pendulum - Immersion
    - Dr. Dre - Detox (whenever it comes out that is. )

Oh yea and I might go and see Nas & Damien Marley live this summer.

Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

You know what I've completly forgotten about the Detox album. Seems it's been close to release for like 4+ years now ain't it?

I'm really into Hip Hop like I was when I was in college or secondary school, though I still listen to it, but it's not my sole focus. I've started to listen to a lot of different variety any genres.

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

So I was going to see lady gaga but not anymore I'm getting to see Slash the legendary guitarist from Guns n' Roses (of course there's a band and Myles kennedy as a singer too) live next month O.o I still can't bellieve it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BBB Banana View Post
    So I was going to see lady gaga but not anymore I'm getting to see Slash the legendary guitarist from Guns n' Roses (of course there's a band and Myles kennedy as a singer too) live next month O.o I still can't bellieve it.
    Not jealous. Nope. Not at all. Nooooope, don't even like him. Can't even play guitar or write songs. Wouldn't go even if I got paid....

Worst part is that he's coming to a festival I've never heard of and not one of the two I'm going to. I can't afford going to another one! Guuuuuuh.

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry for you Org maybe you will get to see him another time.

Both Slash and Myles because they make an awesome duo, Myles should join Velvet revolver XD unfortunatelly he turned down the offer

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone checked out Kelis' Flesh Tones yet? Guetta fans might like it.

While the single Acapella is pretty low imo the best song is clearly 4th Of July.
    All in all I'd give the album a 3/5 though, because it only got like 9 songs only, while the rest are kinda bridges, called segues on there.

Heard some leaks in february already (Scream n Shout, 4th of July, Acapella, and an other, which obviously didnt make it on the lp), so I was sort of disappointed tbh. Yet I find it's listenable.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Woah! That's awesome BBB!

I haven't yet, E3. I'll check it out asap on youtube. XD
    I just ordered the Distant Relatives LP from Play.com.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't get this song outta my head!!

Fake Problems - The Dream Team

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally sold on Bob feat. Hayley Williams - Airplanes

It's so awesome!!!! Also, I heard this totally amazing cover by Jayne Rio and Summer Breeze of the song Unthinkable. They did an acoustic rendition of it and it's so damn beautiful... Also, Train's song Hey soul sister is like, the best!
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so after going like 4-5 times through Aguilera's Bionic Cd I think I formed an opinion about that new piece now.

Just last week I read in the GQ magazine she was saying that she was always a fan of electronic music and loved to bring it in into her latest work, and I thought like.. woooh.. not an other chick gone Guetta. But after listening to the Lp I must say she brought more hiphop into it than electronic influences in, like the Gorillaz style.

And yes, I kinda must say I'd have prefered a Christina goes Guetta Lp than what actually came out.

The ballads are just plain boring, the up-tempo tracks got exceptionless embarrassing and awkward lyrics which send chills up my spine and the beats are just overkill...

Yes, I am disappoint This is hopefully not how the future is going to sound. My rating would be 2/5. Lame comeback is lame. It's not even worth being called a comeback, cuz she's far away from being back IMHO.

Yet I found some ok songs on there, which would be 'I Am' (best song), the prelude to Sex for Breakfast 'Morning Desert' and as for up-beat I'd say 'Desnudate' and 'Glam' are quite listenable as well.
    Last edited by Evil3ye; June 07, 2010 at 04:26 PM.

New Reply
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast