Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
-under weird stores there will be a HUGE barren land with blue sky (?) and never ending area where the main hero can practice and get powerups
If you happen to be a girl in a shounen manga, odds are you're role will be that of a cheerleader. And if you're the lead in a shounen manga, you're in luck! You'll eventually become the strongest!
If you are the lead in a Shonen Manga, even if you don't care about anything at all, you'll end up saving everyone, several times.
- Hair can defy gravity.
- Pink, blue, green, violet, orange hair is normal and people can be born with it.
- Boys can be very oblivious when it comes to love.
If you're a girl, odds are you are either one or a combination of....
1) A Little sister character. (You're cute, weak, and need to be protected)
2) A Sexual conquest character (with enormous gravity defying breasts!)
3) A Motherly character (you're always taking care of or healing people)
Also, if you are a boy that's standing anywhere near a girl, and you trip, you will ALWAYS accidentally grope her.
If you are the lead in a shounen or shounen sports anime, you will have some kind of natural or supernatural advantage over everyone else at your chosen sport/skill. However, everyone will still be amazed when you become the best, and will attribute it to your hard work.
Urban legends are always true!
When characters with their eyes constantly narrowed to slits open their eyes, it means that they’re about to do something very lethal, and/or they're very angry, and/or they mean business (and in most cases something awesome is going to happen next and/or is not that far away from taking place.) A couple of examples: Gin from Bleach, Liszt Kiriki from Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi (except when he's cosplaying ).
Last edited by destiny4ever; September 10, 2010 at 03:50 PM.
Don't forget Yumasaki from Durarara!. He gets serious when he opens his eyes !
there are so much stereotypes in manga that I do not know if it's good or bad
- even little kids can beat guys who are 30- 9999 years older than them
- feeling's like rage/ hate can give you a sudden and unexplained power-up
- you can have a lot of different personalities, persons and subjects in your body and mind
- as a kid you had at least one tragic moment
- there are a lot of power levels, from training to be able destroy a rock to training to be able to destroy the earth...with a finger.
-it's really nothing to talk while fighting with someone, before your sword hits you can actually say a sentence, yet people say that you're fast. Somehow, people like to have their serious discussion during swordfights or fist fights when they can die anytime.
-Nobody actually really uses the internet in animes.
-growing more hair means you're stronger, and being emo makes you even godder than aizen. Oh
-although its for comedy effect, people don't die from having a brick or a fridge falling onto their head. they don't.
-I should learn how to flash step instead of saving up to buy a car D:
Yet instead of flash stepping their way through the entire las nochos, characters choose to run. Oh
-Parents are awesome, they both die and leave their yellow hair son to grow up when they can actually chose to be alive, I guess parents do that to make their child grow up to be mentally strong. Yellow flash parenting skills!
-When characters do eat their meals, they'll always praise it for being yummy. Almost every single meal.
- Tennis isn't what you think it is ^^
- Girls with glasses are very well-endowed. (B Gata H Kei, Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru, etc.)
- Boys like girls in maid uniforms.
- You're much more likely to have fantastic and magical adventures when you're a teenager rather than when you're an adult.
- You're more likely to be powerful if you've got good looks.
- You might have a not-so-attractive male nakama in your group, but forget having a not-so-attractive female nakama in it. It just doesn't happen.
No matter how badly you get beat/wounded, if you are a good guy you will not die.
A combination of young age, absolutely density and unknown or exotic origin will always result in supernatural power when you're in a Shounen, also will probably make you the main character.
Don't worry, your opponent's cleverness is only superficial. In critical moments they'll always say something like "Oh don't worry about the main hero. I'm sure he didn't survive the fall."
- the toilet isn't important to anime characters as it is to us in real life
- and football fields are kilometers/miles longer than ours (going by captain Tsubasa anime which I watched when I was very young. I always asked myself how long they still had to run)
* children grow 2 times taller between the ages of 14-16 . this is the one and only period of time for a manga kid to show any significant growth . if you are 17 and still short , realize that you are a fodder