Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
-downing some beer in one go is absolute ecstasy
-if you're the lead of a harem/ecchi anime, you'll always fall onto a girl in awkward positions.
-Japan is the kingdom for transfer students.
-Blushing is a lot more common when someone is animated.
-Weird conversations that often take place there are sometimes the smartest thing said in the anime.
-Transfer students are either the main character or main antagonist.
-Seinen manga's that get an anime often have a short run or don't happen at all.
I've seen a whole list of more than 1000 funny stereotypes in anime, but it's not in English and am too lazy to look for it, since it's from long ago now...-_-"
Either way, something I remembered:
1) If you want to see a giant robot, superhero or monster, first place to look for them is in the ocean, especially around the islands of Japan. The sea there are filled with extraordinary gigantic things.
2) Don't go watch sport events at the stadium, especially when Japan is playing. Otherwise, be sure you have 1 whole week if you want to go to see one certain event, because for example, in soccer, if the Japanese player kicks the ball and that ball is going to reach the goal, the ball will go into slow motion mode as the player is recollecting on his past memories.
- It is not surprising if the lead of a harem anime turns out to be a big siscon. (Infinite Stratos and Freezing)
- Going to the beach is part of youth and that’s why there is always a mandatory beach episode in most high school anime series.
Not sure if these are considered stereotypes but they are commonalities I found:
- Male characters *cough*bishounen*cough* have ridiculously soothing voices.
- Almost everyone is slender and fit; if there is an overweight character, s/he tends to love food.
- A short/small character will typically fit the moe trope.
- One of my friends is obviously nasty rich but we don't know about it since we've never visited his/her insane mansion.
- we Western people casually kiss each other on the mouth as an everyday greeting.
- drinking cold milk after a bath feels good (tip : it really does).
- Japanese only drink fat milk, and/or always drink it like pigs. Honestly, I've never managed to get that kind of mustache, even when actually trying.
Bamboo swords are as strong as steel ones.
The power of friendship!
- Blood brothers are always homosexual
- If you gain a large group of friends and it's in the shounen pattern, you're never ever going to get laid until you're practically 50.
- Breaking a rib doesn't hurt much (reality: it DOES - my mum broke one in front of me, she was in nonstop agony for 6 hours.)
- Everything is a flesh wound except for being impaled
- Nobody gets tired. Until about 10 minutes, where suddenly they can hardly move.
- Wounds go away after a week.
- A sword can defeat a machine gun
- If a shounen series is set in Japan, chances are there's going to be a story arc set in Kyoto.
- If you're the lead girl in a series featuring a male protagonist, it's likely you have or will develop feelings for him.
I’ve learned this from watching Hanasaku Iroha and from watching other anime which names I can’t remember atm:
Previews can be deceiving, so don’t always based what the next episode will be about on what is shown during previews.
this has probably already been said, but:
Never approach an anime girl from behind if you value your life !!