Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
- If a character hails from Europe (especially France/UK/Germany) or North America, chances are said character will be blonde, fair skinned and have blue eyes.
- Being in your twenties means you're already an old man/woman (oji-san/oyaji and oba-san).
Girls love dango.
(Ferris from TLOTLH loved to eat Dango, Nagisa from Clannad thought the dango family was very cute and <3 the dango family, Isanami from Brave 10 likes to eat Dango, Tsukushi from BOF worked at a dango shop and liked to eat dango as well).
If you value having a normal life you won't talk to the girl who's a bit prettier than others.
Cultural Festivals are lots of fun. They can be funny, romantic, and dramatic, and there is always a haunted house, a maid café and HS band playing in them.
People can gain and lose weight in a matter of minutes (Araki from Area no Kishi has taught me that ).
---------- Post added July 28, 2012 at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was July 22, 2012 at 08:44 PM ----------
- Honey Lemon Slices are mandatory for basketball players.
- Hot girls can’t cook.
---------- Post added August 25, 2012 at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was July 28, 2012 at 08:30 PM ----------
I learned this today while watching the latest episode of Kuroko no Basket:
Love means eating the food the girl you like/love prepare for you even though she is a terrible cook.
Anime/manga is becoming a subculture all over the world. No, not the Otaku one, a real one! It has taught me not to take lightly the power of visual media and the clash of culture that globalization brings.
- You lips only need to form the "ah" sound in order to produce other complex sounds that create a language.
- Cute character will almost always have a high-pitched voice that no one in real life has.
Something related to anime in itself:
An anime with awesome animation often turns out to be rather bad while on the other hand something that looks bad can have the most epic story.
So never judge an anime by its looks
- If you're a guy in a manga/anime and start dating the most beautiful girl in school, every male student will hate and threaten you, seeing as they obviously have nothing better to do.
- The more improbable the design of a weapon is, the more powerful it is likely to be. Appearance = Power.
RULE #1: Guys never get boners.
Instead, gallons of blood will blast from their nose with enough force to make them fly through the air.
RULE #2: Everyone in the universe comes to your school.
No matter if they are 1000 years old and rule another galaxy, every powerful person from the world, outer space, the afterlife, or anywhere else will show up to study at your school as a transfer student. Everyone in the universe also speaks Japanese.
RULE #3: Scientists are evil.
Any scientist is evil or was evil at some point. They have no problem doing horrific experiments on little children. One scientist may later feel bad about it, but only after the kid they experimented on has murdered tons of people. If you manage to find the one good scientist in the universe, he will wear a white lab coat and be a master at anything even remotely "science-ish."
RULE #4: Girls think guys who look like women are really hot.
If you're a guy that looks like a girl, then all girls will go crazy over you. You will be considered prettier than any girl. You will be rich. You will also be a member of some very important bloodline.
RULE #5: Beautiful women with huge boobs are raging sluts.
They will wear little-to-no clothing and seize any opportunity to press their boobs against young boys. If you happen to be the one non-slutty big-boobed girl in the universe, then swords will always target your clothes, exposing your body anyway.
RULE #6: Ugly people are evil.
Anyone who looks like an Asian caricature, like someone with really squinty eyes or someone with large front teeth will be evil. In fact, if you look recognizably Asian, you are either old or not considered attractive. If you are also in a gang, one of your gang-members will have an ugly pompadour hair style.
RULE #7: Black people are rappers, gangsters, and rapists.
If you encounter a black person, he will use ganster-speak and try to rape the woman in your group. However, if you happen to find the one black guy in the universe who is not evil, he will protect you with his life (but he will still be a rapper).
RULE #8: Guns are useless against a martial artist.
An army of trained soldiers with assault rifles is easy prey for an old man who knows karate or has a sword.
RULE #9: Getting angry will boost your power tremendously.
If you get mad enough, your power grow beyond anything that onlookers can imagine. People watching won't be able to "follow your movements" with their eyes. If you're mad because your friends are in danger, the effect is much more amplified.
RULE #10: The strongest person in existence will turn out to be a Japanese kid.
After many battles (which take place mostly in Japan), a Japanese kid will defeat all of the most powerful people from across the world, from the afterlife, from space, and the future. His dad is one of the strongest people from the previous generation. The second-strongest person in the universe will be the Japanese kid's rival, who either (A) is a friend from childhood, or (B) was his arch-nemesis.
- The more psychologically scarred, the better you are at piloting giant robots.
- If a girl hates you, they actually secretly dig you.
- If you're the hero of a shonen series, you're completely oblivious to any romantic urges.
- Roosters make great pets!
I used to make a thread about this in other forum.
- There is never an ordinary transfer student. He/She will be a rival, a villain, a love interest, you name it.
- Main character always sits near the back, besides the window.
- The dumber a girl is, the more attractive she is.
- Some villains really like to play "chess".
- A very handsome character always come with a flaw to his character. (Also apply to beautiful character)
- The main character's creature sidekick is always cute.
- A fighting move (especially in shounen) is not awesome without a name.
- Big eyes means innocent, small eyes means cunning.
- The lazier and more inept they appear, the more freakishly powerful they are.
- When the hero is almost dead, that's when he's about to win.
- Everyone speaks standard Japanese (unless they're explicitly stated to be from Osaka or are considered hillbillies from the Tohoku region).
- Every setting is in Tokyo.
I wish there would be more variation in how characters speak and where they are from. A lot of people in Japan don't speak the standard, and it would be nice to have an anime where the whole dialogue is in a certain dialect.
Same goes for the setting. A lot of anime set in contemporary Japan is in Tokyo- places such as Fukuoka and Nagoya needs some love too!
- Girls like children. (They practically hug the children all the time, which is why if a male character transforms into a child, even though the female doesn't actually like the adult him, she will hug and cuddle him. Oh, perverted male. )
- People from the West are evil.
- Scientists are evil.