Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: FMA Volume 27 Discussion (Chapters 107-108 + Gaiden)

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Full Metal Alchemist FMA Volume 27 Discussion (Chapters 107-108 + Gaiden)

Chapter 107 is out Here!

As usual, discuss this one and predict the next. But don't forget, no spamming and no spoilers in this thread. Please respect those who don't wish to be spoiled by keeping all spoilers in the FMA spoiler thread. Thanks.

Have fun!

Hope you guys don't mind I copied the text above.
    Last edited by igotthegoods; May 11, 2010 at 03:29 PM. Reason: updated link to chapter

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Katz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 107 Disscussion /108 Prediction

/drool

What epic-sauce, that was simply incredible chapter, better then any Naruto/bleach chapter ever

I cant help thinking about how next month all the epic that is FMA is gonna end, but as long as its a great sendoff I won't be upset

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you the chapter was amazing. It was so sad when Al decided to sacrifice himself to save Ed.

I wonder if Ed will be able to bring him back, while it would be sad if he couldn't story wise it would be perfect IMO.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member gotdott's Avatar
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

What happened in this chapter would be lame and cliche in another manga, but it holds up pretty well in FMA =)

I do like that it was a group effort to weaken the god-like enemy before the power-up and that the power-up came through a sacrifice. Though all it took was a kick for the tower to start crumbling..

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member kuroSaki_Ichi's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah...no...Al come back!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hajialibaig's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

um how do u know FMA is ending next month? is it mere speculation or has it been confirmed?

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure but as far as I can tell its all speculation. I don't think it will end next month maybe two or three months until it ends.

I just hope Gagan doesn't make the same as Jump where they allways make their authors write something extra and ruin the story Eg: Eyeshield 21, Dragon Ball Z, Death note and others.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hajialibaig View Post
    um how do u know FMA is ending next month? is it mere speculation or has it been confirmed?
    It has been confirmed. There is an announcement in this months issue of Gangan that it will end in June.

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chapter 106 Discussion/107 Predictions

Oh god. Alphonse, you almost made me cry!

Buuuuuuut 20 bucks says Ed sacrifices both arms or something to bring back something close to the full package.

Or maybe they'll go for happy end and Ed will get the "god" power for a second and bring Al back.

Honestly I'm still waiting for an explanation of the "truth". I'm worried it's going to be skipped over in favour of action, manly tears and some ending montage.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been thinking about this for a while now. Do you guys think the Truth!Winry thing in the 5th OP has some big meaning for Winry? does it mean Winry will somehow get involved in the final battle next chapter? Betting pools are open!!!

20 says Truth might disguise himself as Winry.

to the mods, can you guys put up a poll of whether Winry will show up or not?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 107 Discussion/108 Predictions

it's up now, currently on www.onemanga.com

Was anyone in that building Father blew up one of the cast?

Just keeping a body count.

I haven't been reading the manga that long, began sometime at 104/105.

I only saw like 2 of the chimera, so I'm concerned.

By the way (sorta Offtopic), Did you know that in most series, the lion always ends up dead?

Digimon Adventure (season 1): Leomon succumbs to his injures MetalEtemon gave him and dies after making peace with Ogremon

Digimon Tamers (season 3): Leomon is killed by Beezlebumon and his data absorbed. Was Jeri's partner, which turned into sort-of a plot device.

Digimon Frontier (season 4): Depends, Koichi's Digimon forms were lion based (Beast form was called "JagerLeomon). gets killed by Lucemon, but brought back to life

Digimon Savers (season 5/Data Squad): BanchouLeomon sacrificed so the main villian could be killed, unfortunatley, his sacrifice was in vain.

Also applies to western animation

Chaotic: The character Tangath Toborn is frozen at the end of the second season, officially dies in the 3rd season.

If Heinkel ends up dead, we can add that too.

ZETSUBOSHITA!!! THIS SOCIETY THAT KILLS THEIR LIONS HAVE LEFT ME IN DESPAIR!!!
    Last edited by tman7776; May 10, 2010 at 09:57 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aikidoka's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, the lion (Heinkel) was left behind a looooong time ago, when Alphonse was teleported to the room along with the other sacrifices. Heinkel's still with Yoki and Marcoh IIRC.

And Greedling made Froggy (Jelso?) stay behind along with Olivier.

But damn, tragic and heartwarming all in one. One of FMA's strong points has always been the moments, and this was no different - Alphonse going "there's no - there's no time, please." Simply amazing how much emotion they can evoke even with a suit of armor.

And Greed saying, "what I always wanted was to have friends"...can't believe she (the author) linked it all the way back to the first Greed. Same with May, her long range transmutation, it was most likely planned from the very beginning. Kudos to Arakawa for keeping such a huge story together. Massive project deserves massive props.

EDIT: Here's my personal theory - Winry takes it upon herself to open the Gate to bring Al back, hence the Truth Winry and her sitting at Ed's bedside looking all sad in the opener. Don't ask me how she does it though...maybe she takes a few months to learn alchemy?
    Last edited by Aikidoka; May 10, 2010 at 10:16 PM.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Type Moon's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

nah i can no longer predict the next chp at all, 107 is so epic...........hope the ending will be good as well
    A thousand year immortal cannot beat one night of evil.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked how the author handled the "everyone's effort" thing. Not like in DB and in other other, where the main protagonist collects energy from everyone and fires some gigantic big ass fire ball. Liked how the non alchemist the Briggs-Soldier, Chimeras etc helped out. Also Mustang, first time seeing him using non fire techniques and as always his attacks were awesome.

As Alphonse sacrificed himself my first thought was "wayne, he is gonne revivie in 108 anyway", so wasn't rly emotional to me. The fight made the chapter for me, especially the group effort.

Looking forward to 108 and hope it will contain more than 100 pages ^^

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Renan Enrique's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

First time an essentially shounen manga chapter made me cry. And, seriously, that means a lot. This piece was awesome. Unbelievably well done; I mean, it makes complete sense in itself and in the whole story until now. For a story not to have any waste in terms of characters and even sub-plots…

The fight was freaking epic, and the whole Alphonse momentum was just perfect and brilliant and fascinating! I was amazed at how could Arakawa put so much emotion into this one sequel. Even guessing that Al will come back indeed the next chapter, I don’t know if the author is keeping any surprise for us. Even if I think he will come back, his sacrifice was truly emotional for me and, yes, I saw myself crying before I could stop it.

Really, there’s no other manga that achieved this vertices! All hail Arakawa-sama!

By the way, hasn’t it been already announced that next chapter will count 150 pages?
    Last edited by Renan Enrique; May 10, 2010 at 11:43 PM.
    I've been looking in the mirror for so long
    that I've come to think my soul's on the other side
    [Amy Lee]

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast