Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: FMA Volume 27 Discussion (Chapters 107-108 + Gaiden)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member <.Haruka.>'s Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chapter 108 Discussion - End

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    SO, in the picture where mustand appears at the end, is he a general or is he the furer by then? I really though mustang was going to get to be the king by the end although a strong implication of him reaching the position in due time is about as good. Even though this was the end, I still think there were a few things missing, I would have loved to see some more about lisa and roy...
    Not missing, maybe some few minor details left to think about what happened if, but that would be another story..

I was thinking also that Olivier Armstong & Roy Mustang could be good candidates for the fuhrer position after Grumman retires, even Roy would be the best choice imo, i can't deny Olivier is a good leader and the example of her leadership skills were shown on the strong north Briggs fortress..

Quote Originally Posted by igotthegoods View Post
    I have to agree with not seeing enough Mustang/Hawkeye in the final chapter. That had to be my biggest complaint. If nothing else, I was hoping for a little shipper fanservice from them.
    I was looking forward for these pair also . A hint would be nice like the picture on the last pages (just like on Ed, Winry, Al and May) and also I was wondering what happened to Lan Fan (with the exception on serving emperor Lin Yao..)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the 2nd to last page, Ed and Winry holding their own 2 kids?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hibar90's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kozar927 View Post
    To be honest I didnt really care for the ending. Dont get me wrong I love the manga as a whole but it just felt a little... anti climatic. idk too me it didnt really feel like it was ending all up untill the last page almost like up untill the last page this wasnt the finial chapter and the the mangaka was like "Oh yah this is the end" and drew a "in the future" final page... Idk tbh I like the original anime the best out of the 2 stories :: Ducks for cover :: even tho it was a fake story
    ::Flame shield on::
    A great story usually ends in a way that the audience can always use their imagination a little. That's how the LOTR trilogy ended, the manga slam dunk ended. A story with completely closed end will be too quickly forgotten. It's great personally to me to be able to think that all the beloved character still live on approaching their new goals.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner lonesomefolly's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hajialibaig View Post
    Welcome to MH! I hope you'll like your stay here.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hibar90 View Post
    A great story usually ends in a way that the audience can always use their imagination a little. That's how the LOTR trilogy ended, the manga slam dunk ended. A story with completely closed end will be too quickly forgotten. It's great personally to me to be able to think that all the beloved character still live on approaching their new goals.
    Yeah, but I think that what he meant by anti-climatic was more about how the final fight ended.

- It was pure poetic justice that ed beat the flask creature using just his human hands, but the way it played out it didn't come out very strongly I'd say. Maybe because he started punching on the previous chapter a month or so ago. It lost a lot of strength there (It might hold up well for people who read it now). Personally I still feel it was missing a "BANG!" at the end. :P

- Ed sacrificed his ability to use alchemy instead of letting Hohenheim die to avoid compromising their principles. Then Hohenheim dies anyway.

- And then Ed comes up with something he could have very well have done after refusing to use the stone. Meh.

- I don't see much of a point in Ed traveling to study alchemy in the west if he can't use it either.

- It also feels like Mustang-Hawk never had any kind of romantic relationship, and that it was just loyalty because of how they wrapped it up... this leaves the fanboy in me highly disappointed.

Things wrapped up, sure, and not bad either. But...

meh.

On the side: I don't think the author's to blame for everything though. I think he just couldn't fit everything in the ammount of pages they gave him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lonesomefolly View Post
    - Ed sacrificed his ability to use alchemy instead of letting Hohenheim die to avoid compromising their principles. Then Hohenheim dies anyway.

- I don't see much of a point in Ed traveling to study alchemy in the west if he can't use it either.

- It also feels like Mustang-Hawk never had any kind of romantic relationship, and that it was just loyalty because of how they wrapped it up... this leaves the fanboy in me highly disappointed.
    1. how the hell should have Ed known that Hihenheim would die anyway
    but I think there's a different thing to this. for me, it was nice to see that Hohenheim died peacefully, with a smile on his face... instead of being used as a bargaining chip

2. he still has incredible knowledge of alchemy, so why not? he may not be able to practice it, but he'll be able to work on theoretical part

3. not everybody is in love with everybody you know. I'm glad that their relationship wasn't romantic. they are just friends, very dear friends on a brother-sister level of relationship (but a bit formal, it's army after all)

all in all, this was a great manga, one of the greatest out there, with great finale. and if there's anything I'm not happy with, it's the fact that Bradley's true identity was never revealed to amestris. the old bastard would be venerated like a true patriot after all those events but oh well, they would seem as typical usurpers if they said truth about him and besides, everything else's was perfect
    Last edited by AlB; June 15, 2010 at 04:45 PM.

Negative Syndicate

Now Gangan going to have very difficult time to find a series that going to take FMA's hole.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kozar927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hibar90 View Post
    I have read alot of manga and watched alot alot of anime and I agree with what your saying about an open ending but still... the FMA ending didnt seem exciting to me, good endings are amazing and memorable like all 3 of the diffrent Neon Gnesis Evangelion, Cowboy bebop, the origional FMA, Wolf Rain etc etc all had a very very big plot twist at the end you could never have predicted. With this ending I feel like you didnt even need to read it because the ending was very very obvious (Besides mustang not being furer)
    I need a new sig. Someone make me one plz

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

^^ I think they are, because right before the journey, there was an "engagement" between Ed and Winry, so from that moment we can look at them as couple...

And you can see that May and Al are standing at the edges, which means that even if they are a couple, the focus is on Ed and Winry and the babies...thus the babies are theirs

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    ^^ I think they are, because right before the journey, there was an "engagement" between Ed and Winry, so from that moment we can look at them as couple...

And you can see that May and Al are standing at the edges, which means that even if they are a couple, the focus is on Ed and Winry and the babies...thus the babies are theirs
    Considering the Mods deleted my post like usual. Thank you benelori for the somewhat confirmation. I know we'll never really know unless the author comes forward with it but its nice to know other people thought of it too.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Banedor View Post
    Considering the Mods deleted my post like usual. Thank you benelori for the somewhat confirmation. I know we'll never really know unless the author comes forward with it but its nice to know other people thought of it too.
    Well one cannot miss that picture especially with Ed being so tall...the pic is great, the most pleasant thing was that May kept hher relationship intact with the Elrics, probably mostly with Al

Don't worry about the post...U quoted URself with a smiley IIRC, so of course it was deleted, make sure U don't repeat this, to avoid ban...cheers

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aikidoka's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlB View Post
    but I think there's a different thing to this. for me, it was nice to see that Hohenheim died peacefully, with a smile on his face... instead of being used as a bargaining chip
    My sentiments exactly. More so than the first anime did, the manga really emphasizes the father part of Hohenheim's background, so him dying right next to his wife was really touching for me. It really drove home the depths of their love.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was reading the news today, and a random thought struck me.

Roy Mustang was the only surviving failure at the end of the story.

Roy Mustang never achieved his dream of ending military dictatorship and bringing democracy to his nation. In the end, we see that the nation is still under military dictatorship (albeit a benevolent one), and secret military police exists to deal with potential "trouble makers" without benefit of court or trial.

Everyone else seemed to have somehow accomplished their goal... except Roy Mustang.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

About Ed's inability to use alchemy, I think he CAN use alchemy. Only if he started from scratch again to learn it.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

no he destroyed his gate, which was everyone's potential to use alchemy. He probably still has his alchemy knowledge but he can't actually use it anymore

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Twar's Avatar
    Country
    Estonia
    Post Thanks / Like

A story that came to me by chance...
    A story that didn't leave me for a second.
    A story that will stay with me for a long time to come.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast