Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
I was thinking also that Olivier Armstong & Roy Mustang could be good candidates for the fuhrer position after Grumman retires, even Roy would be the best choice imo, i can't deny Olivier is a good leader and the example of her leadership skills were shown on the strong north Briggs fortress..
Is the 2nd to last page, Ed and Winry holding their own 2 kids?
- It was pure poetic justice that ed beat the flask creature using just his human hands, but the way it played out it didn't come out very strongly I'd say. Maybe because he started punching on the previous chapter a month or so ago. It lost a lot of strength there (It might hold up well for people who read it now). Personally I still feel it was missing a "BANG!" at the end. :P
- Ed sacrificed his ability to use alchemy instead of letting Hohenheim die to avoid compromising their principles. Then Hohenheim dies anyway.
- And then Ed comes up with something he could have very well have done after refusing to use the stone. Meh.
- I don't see much of a point in Ed traveling to study alchemy in the west if he can't use it either.
- It also feels like Mustang-Hawk never had any kind of romantic relationship, and that it was just loyalty because of how they wrapped it up... this leaves the fanboy in me highly disappointed.
Things wrapped up, sure, and not bad either. But...
On the side: I don't think the author's to blame for everything though. I think he just couldn't fit everything in the ammount of pages they gave him.
but I think there's a different thing to this. for me, it was nice to see that Hohenheim died peacefully, with a smile on his face... instead of being used as a bargaining chip
2. he still has incredible knowledge of alchemy, so why not? he may not be able to practice it, but he'll be able to work on theoretical part
3. not everybody is in love with everybody you know. I'm glad that their relationship wasn't romantic. they are just friends, very dear friends on a brother-sister level of relationship (but a bit formal, it's army after all)
all in all, this was a great manga, one of the greatest out there, with great finale. and if there's anything I'm not happy with, it's the fact that Bradley's true identity was never revealed to amestris. the old bastard would be venerated like a true patriot after all those events but oh well, they would seem as typical usurpers if they said truth about him and besides, everything else's was perfect
Last edited by AlB; June 15, 2010 at 04:45 PM.
Now Gangan going to have very difficult time to find a series that going to take FMA's hole.
^^ I think they are, because right before the journey, there was an "engagement" between Ed and Winry, so from that moment we can look at them as couple...
And you can see that May and Al are standing at the edges, which means that even if they are a couple, the focus is on Ed and Winry and the babies...thus the babies are theirs
Don't worry about the post...U quoted URself with a smiley IIRC, so of course it was deleted, make sure U don't repeat this, to avoid ban...cheers
I was reading the news today, and a random thought struck me.
Roy Mustang was the only surviving failure at the end of the story.
Roy Mustang never achieved his dream of ending military dictatorship and bringing democracy to his nation. In the end, we see that the nation is still under military dictatorship (albeit a benevolent one), and secret military police exists to deal with potential "trouble makers" without benefit of court or trial.
Everyone else seemed to have somehow accomplished their goal... except Roy Mustang.
About Ed's inability to use alchemy, I think he CAN use alchemy. Only if he started from scratch again to learn it.
no he destroyed his gate, which was everyone's potential to use alchemy. He probably still has his alchemy knowledge but he can't actually use it anymore
A story that came to me by chance...
A story that didn't leave me for a second.
A story that will stay with me for a long time to come.