Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Could he be a 0 Squad member?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, there's a possiblity because of his mysterious

9 28.13%
  • No way, cant be true at all

17 53.13%
  • Idk

6 18.75%
New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Thoughts on Gin

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Your Thoughts on Gin

Feel free to use this thread to discuss all things Gin. ~igotthegoods

As suggested by WL, a topic dedicated to Gin, more specifically, his motives and his true strengths.

I personally think Gin fears Aizen, even though he's quite strong himself (proven when he seems to be toying with Hitsugaya in his fight with him).

In terms of strength, he seems to be inbetween Hitsugaya's level and Byakuya's level. (I think it's safe to say this because even though he was wounded by his battle with Ichigo, Byakuya still managed to intercept Gin's attack), it's unfortunate that he's never shown his bankai, and I doubt he even used his shikai's full power so far.

Post your thoughts about him here, please ^^;
    Last edited by igotthegoods; December 12, 2009 at 01:13 AM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gin's true power

As for his Shikai full power, I think he did unleashed it once. During his fight against Hitsugaya, yeah although it can be furtherly argued. But my point of saying this is that, he can't be just playing with Hitsugaya while Hitsugaya is so serious in attacking him.

As for his BanKai, I can say much until I see it. Although, I imagine it will be something like a spear weilding Japanese warrior.

I'm not so sure about how you put Gin between Hitsugaya and Byakuya. Gin holds more mysteries than Aizen. His true motive of joining Aizen is somewhat blurred by his laid back nature.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I put him inbetween Byakuya and Hitsugaya purely from their power's point of view. Hitsugaya to me comes across as one of the weakest captains, since he seems to get swatted down pretty easily even though he's always fighting seriously.

Byakuya on the other hand is one of the upper class captains and thanks to his zanpakutoh's abilities he can kill someone almost instantly, depending on their speed and strength.

Gin on the other hand, is pretty much always shown toying with his opponents. First Ichigo, GREATLY holding back his shikai's strength (face it, had he not, it would have pierced not just Zangetsu, but Ichigo as well, as he was then). Then against Hitsugaya, I can't say if Gin used his full power with Shinsou there, but every move he made showed he was in every way superior to Hitsugaya.

The only time he did seem to get serious was when Aizen ordered him to kill Rukia. His attack had enough power to kill her and it seemed he used its full speed, but Byakuya, who was wounded at the time, still managed to intercept it. This, in my book, puts Byakuya above Gin in terms of speed at least.

But hey, who knows what Shinsou can do in bankai form, plus it might even have extra abilities in shikai form.

For now though, I say that Byakuya > Gin > Hitsugaya. This'd mean Ichigo *should* be able to take him down.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

I read that a recent Bleach video game had Gin releasing his bankai. It indicated that Gin pointed his sword to the sky and released his sword. After touching the sky blades rained down like water drops. Could be fake information but it sounds like a high possibility ^^

ckkdlek

it would be cool if there was a bankai like that
    but i doubt it, i mean if manga didn't reveal it, i dun c how a game could
    nways...gin is rely strong...because he's so...smilin (didn't make sense at all srry)

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Ichimaru Gin n Tonic's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the current Hueco Mundo storyline will somewhat reveal how strong Gin really is. Personally, I'd love to see him teach Ichigo a lesson. As for him following Aizen, I think that motive will also be revealed in HM storyline.
    I saw his BanKai in the game, it's pretty much like Byakuya's, just like what Electric-Mind said. We really havent see him releasing going all out against an opponent, but i doubt that his power is below Byakuya, I think he's in the same class of Ichigo on Vizard Mode.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted destinator's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ichimaru_gin_n_tonic
    I saw his BanKai in the game, it's pretty much like Byakuya's, just like what Electric-Mind said. We really havent see him releasing going all out against an opponent, but i doubt that his power is below Byakuya, I think he's in the same class of Ichigo on Vizard Mode.
    I dont want to crush your dreams. But in genereal all game moves are made up. The best title for this is the Narutimate Hero series for playstation 2. They got like 4-5 special moves(made on the will of the developers) for every character, sometimes even more. So I highly doubt that this is his real Bankai. I thinks it more like a normal speacial for a videogame. But feel free to correct me ^^

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Ichimaru Gin n Tonic's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by des
    I dont want to crush your dreams. But in genereal all game moves are made up. The best title for this is the Narutimate Hero series for playstation 2. They got like 4-5 special moves(made on the will of the developers) for every character, sometimes even more. So I highly doubt that this is his real Bankai. I thinks it more like a normal speacial for a videogame. But feel free to correct me ^^
    Yeah, the only game with more or less the same move as the manga/anime that i know is DBZ. Looks like we'll have to wait out how HM storyline goes. I hope his ban kai's gonna be real cool, like destroying his opponent without mercy in a blink of an eye regardless his opponent's power.
    My, how very biased of me.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol in the blink of an eye? Your thinking too much like Aizen

Even if his bankai isnt similar to the game I think it would still be pretty cool if swords rained down. But thinking about Shinsou translating to God-Spear I expect some giant spear thing, more like a direct attack type sword like Ikkaku's bankai.

But once again we will just have to see how things play out in Hueco Mundo. I think eventually some captains will come through the portal and Gin will be forced to fight against them in full strength. Hopefully Byakuya

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well....going soley on the battle between them, I'd say they were very even. Which is saying a lot for Hitsugaya considering the gap between them in battle experience. Considering that when Hitsugaya was still on the outside looking in, Gin was Vice captain beneath Aizen. I do beleive, however, that Gin is just loyal to Aizen. Bonds between vice captain and captain have been shown to be strong in most cases, even if somewhat strained. Its also been shown that members of the different squads can have member beneath the captain who have Ban Kai. So its more than feasible that Gin has had his shikai and Ban kai for a considerable length of time, further I can't be certain when Aizen's Mild Mannered Clark Kent personality first started, if that was a front the entire time, Gin could turn out to be MUCH stronger than expected.

>.> also, on a Byakuya note. He would have killed Ichigo if his hollow didn't come out and essentially have Ichigo go Vaizard on him to the point that Byakuya was injured more extensively than by Ichigo's Ban Kai alone. So I'd say Byakuya's strength is being misjudged in relation to Ichigo.

Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well there's this theory i came up with which is Gin is actually stronger than Aizen and he's follwing him till somwhere he will betray'em but then after see'in Aizen in HM and how everyone fears'em.....totally changed my mind .
    So Gin is actually very strong propablly stronger than Byakuya& Ichigo and we'll see that once we progress in the HM chapters .

As for his Bankai i think it would be like Giagantic spear thing with some other effect maybe..............somthin cool
    <br />

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Vegetoacs's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, the problem with Gin is indeed the laid back attitude.

Although one thing i will say for that is it somewhat proves that Gin wasnt necessarily massively stronger when he fought Hitsugaya. The fact he actually became serious enough to open his eyes and his entire mannerism to change for a moment was proof of at least slight trouble. We also need to consider that Toshiro still had the liability of protecting a semi-unconcious hinamori. This is about the extent of our knowledge of Gin in battle.

He obviously has bankai, and seems to have moderate knowledge of demon magic. It is hard to determine whether he or aizen possess hollow powers as of yet. I would suppose however that he must be fairly powerful to not be simply torn down by the espada...although this could merely be fear of retribution on aizen's part.

Another thing that was made mention to was aizen's power, pertaining to his ability to cut down enemies with a single slash usually, or something amazingly like repelling ichigo's bankai with a single finger. I believe the most crucial thing to remember here is the nature of his shikai release. The point is, how can one fight if they are more than blind. If they are led to believe that something is somewhere, only to find their really slicing a large gash into you. I dont doubt that Aizen is horrendously powerful, but i dont believe he's really THAT powerful, otherwise the limitation of shinigami powers thing wouldnt apply.

Although getting back to Gin now......To be honest, Im not entirely sure he's the big evil one at all. The flash backs with Matsumoto are errily sad. A weird thing about he and aizen is they both have very distinct sides to them that are polar opposites of each other, both very gentle, and then very evil...except aizen seems to have a more hannibel lecter disposition...errily brilliant, but sociopathic all the same...

For now, i suppose our best guess would be that gin's motives are aizen's motives. As previously stated, Lieutenents and Captains have an *Odd* reletionship. It varies between strained distant respect to outright closeness. If we assume the Gin takes the position of lieutenent under aizen, aparantly as he always has, then it would be safe to assume he has no other agenda.

If anything, Tousen is more likely to either be the Big bad guy, or the less evil one. As evidenced in the surveilence room, and his comments regarding wonderweiss, he seems to loath gin and people like him.

Essentially, we wont know about Gin until he fights, but I dont believe him to be at Byukuya's level. I would infer he is most likely on par wiith ichigo without using his vizard powers, although we cannot be truely sure until we see him fight properly.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Vegetoacs and to add another point... Further evidence of Gin's loyalty to Aizen is evident when he leaves Matsumoto. Clearly those two had a strong relationship and I don't think he was a fake in front of her, afterall he apologized to her before he left. Therefore we can see that he is really giving up his only best friend just to be with Aizen.

In response to the fight with Hitsugaya, yes he did open his eyes, however this might of not been cause he was worrying. It was probably because he was starting to get serious. Therefore we havent seen his true power at all, probably not even the full extent of his shikai. I mean yeh he did stab Byakuya but lets not forget the fact that he had just fought Ichigo and sustained heavy injuries. I think if Byakuya was at full strength then Gin would most likely be around the same level as him. Maybe even weaker because Byakuya would take it more seriously...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll only touch on Aizen briefly, there should be no doubt that he is clearly one or two strength wise in bleach right now. The only other person, so far as we've seen that can be compared to Aizen is Yamamato. I'd contend the drop off to third place is considerable and nigh impossible to be bridged at this current time. That is of course if we're talking pure shinagami here. I'll not include either Isshin or Uruharu or Uryuu's pop. While they've shown considerable skill its never been on the same scale as Aizen or Yamamato. There is also the problem about shinagami. Obviously their were shinagami before Yamamato started the school, as those twin sword buddy...guys were the first graduates and the first captains from the school. That however, isn't to say that an Aizen or a Byakuya, ect. , were not already Shinagami who developed their skills seperately. That in itself would leave room for Aizen to already have been exceedingly powerful before the current system.

On to Gin, During his fight with Hitsugaya, Gin time and again took advantage of the situation making Hitsugaya look downright foolish at tijmes. I'll not make light of Hitsugaya, because by the end of the fight he'd successfully cornered and restricted his movement, despite the close range, nearly eye scratching retort from Gin. Had they been alone, I'm certain that we'd have seen them both go into their Ban Kai. Needless to say things happened, but considering that Gin's goal wasn't to kill Hitsugaya, correct me if I'm wrong, but to delay him. I'd say he did that perfectly. Being overwhelmed at times, on his heels, running, he kept Hitsugaya right there for as long as he could without things escalating too far.

Chaa~ its days like this I wish for like individual back stories to come out for the characters so I can know the relationship between Gin and Matsumoto in detail. It sorta comes from nowhere, we don't see them together often, if at all, they hardly talk so far as I can remember, and then to have them know each from before their Shinagami days, man...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

I had made a thread about Gin some months ago analyzing why is he a badass.My opinion: he is just below Aizen.Freakingly strong to the point that he has his independence and he is not Aizen's dog like the espadas.

New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast