Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Vegapunk the revolutionary?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Vegapunk the revolutionary?

We all saw what happened to kuma. He was turned into a mindless android by the WG and vegapunk and lost all forms of consciousness according to the manga. Logically speaking, kuma should by now be but a machine of destruction working for the world government however there are indications that he is acting in what could be considered an unusual manner. For one thing, he went to the sunny when the strawhats were gone and met shakky but even then he did not actually harm anyone and the sunny seemed fine for the most part. Sentoumaru mentioned that kuma had also been acting weird. If kuma lost his consciousness and became a mindless android, then he should pretty much do the WG's bidding at all times. Then what exactly is going on? The one who developed the pacifista is vegapunk and most likely he is the only one that really understands what exactly happened with kuma. In that sense, the most logical explanation about kuma's strange behavior has to be related in some form to vegapunk. we know kuma was a shichibukai but at heart he always was a revolutionary. Given that, would it make sense for kuma to turn himself into a powerful and mindless killing machine for the WG? Not really, whatever he did should by all intents and purposes serve some sort of greater good for the revolutionaries. That said, the only way for kuma's will to live under those circumstances is that vegapunk did something and was working with kuma all along.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vegapunk the revolutionary?

I honestly don't believe that Vegapunk is a revolutionary.
    I'm 99% sure he's a bad guy that works with the WG.

For one, if he was a revolutionary, he would have NO REASON to give them such powerful allies with the Pacifista.

I still don't know why Kuma did what he did (become a Shichibukai and let Vegapunk transform him into a cyborg), but if he's behaving strangly right now, I think it's only because he's fighting the "AI control".

As of now, we know that Vegapunk is still working with the WG.
    At least, he was 2 years ago before the timeskip...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure vegapunk could be considered a bad guy if he works with the WG. Oda made OP so that bad and good stay remain ambiguous. The WG has done bad things however, can they be considered pure evil? I don't think that is the case. We also know far too little about the revolutionaries, saying they are "good" could be a gross overstatement as far as we know. Certainly they are against all the bad things the WG has done but that in itself does not prove that whatever they do stand for is actually good(who is to say they are not hardcore carnivorous Marxists for instance). Another scenario, what if the knowledge of what happened 800 years ago could bring actual harm to the world (of course, oda would have to set up the story in a way that information in itself is dangerous) and the WG is not merely watching his own back? That would require and entire reevaluation of how we view the ohara incident and how knowledge of the past is being handled. Certainly there are people in the world government who could be classified as textbook scum however if we look at how marines work for the most part I think they are indeed for the greater good.

That said, providing the marines with technology would not make vegapunk in itself a bad guy. The marines don't just keep the revolutionaries at bay, they do fight pirates. Providing the marines with weapons to fight people like Whitebeard would not make him evil. Pirates, regardless of who they are, are at large not good people. Take WB. Can he be considered "good" if he took control of a significant section of the NW on sheer military power and caused so much resentment towards him? Not in the least, the world at large probably viewed WB as some sort of insane dictator and in many ways he probably was (even though he did sincerely love his crewmembers as his sons).

At large I don't really look at this manga's characters in terms of good and evil. Oda has made sure to make both extremely murky given the lack of background behind the several organizations.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

You know...I always thought that Vegapunk might not be THAT bad. Why I'm saying this? Because Franky's adventure was a bit revealing about him and what He wanted for the island.

Revolutionary...I doubt, but I guess He's helping Kuma somehow. So he's not directly part of RA army, but a sympathetic being pushed by World Government to do some actions.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

When I said bad guy, I meant that he was working with the WG, so, technically he is with Luffy's enemy.
    I was not implying that he is «evil» or something like that.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    When I said bad guy, I meant that he was working with the WG, so, technically he is with Luffy's enemy.
    I was not implying that he is «evil» or something like that.
    Oh, sorry then. I tend to associate both terms.
    Because working for WG is not "bad guy" as I see it. At least not yet.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Just because Vegapunk provided the WG with the Pacifista doesn't mean he couldn't be an ally of the Revolutionary.

Remember, he created them. It's very likely that he would be able to control them as well.

At the end of the day, he still works for the WG as an undercover agent of the Revolutionaries. So he has to provide the WG with weapons.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kulugo's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't know if this has been said before but, i think vegapunk is inside in one of the PXs. =D

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MaiSiaoSiao's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kulugo View Post
    i don't know if this has been said before but, i think vegapunk is inside in one of the PXs. =D
    Ha imagine if some pirate crew defeat the PX that vegapunk was in.And they were like YES we did it! then when the smoke clear,they saw Vegapunk standing there.LOL i'd love to see their face when they see him.
    But personally IF he really is in 1 of the PXs im hoping it would be the original Kuma

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Pacifista are cyborgs, actual people. For that reason I kinda doubt they are going to be vegapunks method of transportation. It is entirely possible he does have some kinda mecha to fight though.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MaiSiaoSiao's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Pacifista are cyborgs, actual people. For that reason I kinda doubt they are going to be vegapunks method of transportation. It is entirely possible he does have some kinda mecha to fight though.
    Maybe vega cleared out the PX intestines and make a control room in his body LOL...Then it would fit into the picture that vega is a revolutionary and hes in Kuma's body thinking for him.If kuma really has lost his will that is

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member El-Thor's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd much rather think of Vegapunk as being held against his will by the Marines. But I pray to god that he is not part of the RA. Next thing we know EVERYONE is part of the RA, which would be lame.

Devil Fruits I want to see in OP : Tako Tako no Mi : Model Giant Octopus | Mythical Zoan : Model Griffin

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

What about that: Vegapunk is working for the marines only for the will of sience? As Franky said in his old lab, these blueprints could´nt be build for the next (?) 300 years. I could´nt think of a better place for him to do his researchs. He could have got no political interests at all.

And whats up with Kumas bible? He seems to be a believer, so he could acting for the greater good. Seeing the Strawhats are no bad people, he just helped them. Of course, thats no reason to abandon his own will. But i´m sure somethings coming up with him, he probably got some sort of backup, maybe a deal with vegapunk for being a testperson. At least it would´nt be a surprise seeing the pacifistas turn against the WG at some point of the story.

New Reply