Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Sabo - dead or alive?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dead - by the hands of St. Jalmack

36 23.68%
  • Dead - on some later adventure

1 0.66%
  • Alive - living in peace

1 0.66%
  • Alive - sailing the sea as pirate

11 7.24%
  • Alive - fighting for the Revolutionary Army

103 67.76%
New Reply
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Sabo Thread

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Immo's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Sabo Thread

So here we can discuss about Sabo as future possible character. I personally don't belive he is dead but ofc I can be wrong. What if Ace betrayed his and Sabo's dream about becoming pirates by sacrificing treasure they got for for example saving Luffy's life? Sabo then left mountain bandits and wanted revenge on Ace and Luffy and became Marine. Later on he ate Brain Brain fruit or Time Time fruit and got knowledge of doctors living 500 years in the future, gave himself nickname Vegapunk and became marine's main brain power. Crazy theory I know.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member skullshuriken734's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sabo Thread

Well first off, what do we know about Sabo?
    not much just that he is aces age, uses a stick, and has a dream (to be a pirate)
    did he start his own journey away from ace and luffy? or did he join ace on his?
    or the all important question is he dead?
    I am very curious to see what happens next chapter with the tenryubito
    i believe we can get a good idea of what happens with sabo then
    my theory:

Sabo is enslaved while trying to steal more money
    Luffy and crew (in the near future)see a tenryubito holding an older sabo in chains
    Luffy Rescues Sabo vowing to save him this time and that he will not fail him as he did ace
    later he asks sabo to join and fulfills his comrades dream of becoming a pirate

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OdaForPresident's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I really doubt that Sabo=Vegapunk, from Franky's side story we know that vegapunk grew up in future island, this pretty much rules out sabo as vegapunk.

My guess is that sabo dies in whatever tenryubito/pirate incident is coming up.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

For me Sabo is dead until said otherwise. Seriously I don't want add another character on the waiting list. Im already dying to see Dragon and the remaining Yonko. Not to mention the fighting styles of several character like Garp, Flamingo, Roger etc.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Liger X's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Crying Sabo's Fate... Post #1

Judging from the tense and case of the writing, I believe that Sabo, the character, actually had passed before the current "present."

574; 10
    Spoiler: Chapter 574, Page 10 show

Here are several quotes of this page, from different translations:
    "If it weren't for the Sabo incident and a troublesome brother like you, I probably would not have wanted to live...."
    "Ace: I'm sorry about **** (SABO). If you weren't there, I don't think I would have wanted to live."
    "Ace: Yeah... if it wasn't for that incident with Sabo, and a troublesome brother like you... I wouldn't have wanted to live in the first place...."
    "Ace: ...Yeah... you know... if it weren't for the Sabo thing... and having a little brother like you to look out for... // ...I would never have... even... wanted to live..."
    Each and every one seems to suggest that this "Sabo-thing" had been a past tense event/ person/ etc.

This means, the whole entire thing happened in the past, however, when further understanding is brought forth, the characterization of Ace suggests that he had to have been influenced to live from this.

We know that Sabo is currently aspiring to become a pirate, and he is trying to be a pirate alongside Ace... We know that Luffy and Ace don't have the great brotherly bond that they were shown to have during the flashbacks when the Marineford arc was being played.

All that we know about Sabo, and what happened, suggests that Sabo had been killed, and Ace would then have a meaning to live, as well as become overly worried of Luffy's character-- and be overprotective as well.

How he may have passed, however, is up to assumptions and speculations; possibly becoming a victim of the Tenryuubito, the victim of Bluejam Pirate Crew, or even passed in a different way. Although it seems pretty safe to assume that Sabo is no longer alive to this day, otherwise, Ace would have said something about him, or at least mentioned that Luffy ought to inform Sabo, like he told Luffy to inform Dadan.

Seriously, my final thoughts are that Sabo is deceased and will either die next week, or the week after during the flashback!

Click here for the second part!!

Spoiler: Personal Freedom and Posting show
    Last edited by Liger X; May 22, 2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: The tears really won't come out... Poor Sabo!

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member johnnyb7's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess is that Luffy, Ace and Sabo will all enrage the Tenrybiuto, they will hunt them down, and Sabo will give his life to protect Luffy and Ace, telling them to become great pirates since he can't.
    One Piece Predictions
    Spoiler show

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess is that Sabo will die protecting Ace. And then we see the second death of many to see.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member johnnyb7's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LordUriel View Post
    My guess is that Sabo will die protecting Ace. And then we see the second death of many to see.
    We saw Jaguar D. Saul Die. And also it would be the fourth, Saul, Ace, Whitebeard and then Sabo
    One Piece Predictions
    Spoiler show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone considered the possibility of Sabo being Donquixote Doflamingo? Sabo's views on the world seem to be quickly resembling something that could evolve into Flamingo's current ideology, based on what has happened to Sabo in his childhood.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Proven wrong about twenty times Doom Crow with the following lovely Chapter 0:
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/565.5/14/

Still, nothing to say there isn't a connection between them, just that Sabo is not Doflamingo.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sabo's story seem to reflect that of a typical Japanese kid. His parents expect to study hard and argue with each other about his performance. His dream of writing a book doesn't get pass on to anyone. I think he is still alive.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Liger X's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Frown Re: Sabo's Fate... Post #2

Continuation from Sabo's Fate... Post #1

This is a continuation of my original post on here, another clue to foreshadow that Sabo is indeed dead: Post 7996 - APForums, Aohige.

This is talking about this page in the second panel... The wording does suggest that Sabo isn't either a brother in this world, alive, or something totally different.

Could it mean that we're heading to SPACE!?!?! Probably not, however, it ought to establish more unwavering support that Sabo is indeed deceased.

Spoiler: Personal Freedom and Posting show
    Last edited by Liger X; May 22, 2010 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Added some minor additions...

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb7 View Post
    We saw Jaguar D. Saul Die. And also it would be the fourth, Saul, Ace, Whitebeard and then Sabo
    Ok, ok. I completely forgot xD

And well, seems that Sabo dies. Sad, I might say, but it adds the sad story of the past common in Strawhats.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think we can really take the very vague reference to Sabo to definitely mean any one thing. Oda was deliberately trying not to give away the story we're enjoying now.

I won't say that we can truly predict what happens in OP, but to me I don't think there's anything to gain by killing Sabo. Ace just died. Introducing Sabo and then killing him off immediately can't come close to the power of Ace's death.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Smit's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Grasping for straws here but could this guy be Sabo? http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/546/01/
    If Sabo grew his hair would it look like that? And the face is concealed maybe for a reason. I for one really hope its him.
    But like i said grasping here.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast