Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Sabo - dead or alive?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dead - by the hands of St. Jalmack

    36 23.68%
  • Dead - on some later adventure

    1 0.66%
  • Alive - living in peace

    1 0.66%
  • Alive - sailing the sea as pirate

    11 7.24%
  • Alive - fighting for the Revolutionary Army

    103 67.76%
New Reply
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 201

Thread: Sabo Thread

  1. #106
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mugiwara No Luffy's Crew
    Country
    Morocco
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sabo Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Maybe sabo did not go there because it was physically impossible to do so. Say he was in the north blue as he found out what happened to ace. Even if he had the entire week before the announcement to get to him, it is impossible to travel the GL so fast.
    Agreed, but why didn't he contact them since he must have seen their wanted posters? Since those who witnessed his death think that he´s dead, what would Luffy and Ace think? So if he is alive he must have at least tried to get in contact with them, because they are more than simple brothers.
    As I said before, unless he has amnesia IMO he´s dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    What does his writing style has to do with presenting an extraordinary plot? It was Oda that showed Luffy believe in Ace, not going to help him, when he first saw the vivre card burning. :/ Dragon[revolutionaries], Law[pirate], the Gorousei[WG] have also shown rationalism; writing style != rationalism, it's just some characters being led by their feelings, while others are more calm and think things over.

    Wasn't it Oda, who showed us that people can change, have goals, they would do anything for? They stay seperated for two years, because they are led bei their rationalism, instead of following their feelings and meet up right now.
    It has nothing to do with Oda´s writing style or anything, as I said to kkck and as Jammin said, they are more than simple brothers and there´s absolutely nothing they wouldn't have done for one another, no matter what business they are in, their real business is to maintain and look for one another (Not literally, but if one of them is in trouble ... You know what they would do )

    Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

  2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #107
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,042
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sabo Thread

    What proof do you have for your claim of absolute brotherliness after all those years? How can you claim them/Sabi staying the same.

    If you haven't noticed, Revolutionaries have/had to stay hidden so they wont get exposed to the World Government/Marines. Dragon still didn't get it touch with Luffy. Why do you think they use those special snails and radios to communicate? That would be a reason, for not getting in contact with Ace or Luffy. Just because you can't think of him acting so rational in such situation[ he would probably just be a small fly himself compared to WB, I don't want to repeat myself...], hell I would react just a Luffy did too[under the condition I'm not a revolutionairy] personally, it doesn't mean he could not nor that he didn't/doesn't love his brothers.
    Last edited by Schabrak; August 30, 2010 at 10:31 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  4. #108
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Vancity
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,297
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sabo Thread

    I don't think the Bond that Ace, Luffy and Sabo shared was that of pure brotherhood is questionable. And regardless of their occupation that bond would likely remain unbroken. IF Sabo is a super high level RA and had some need to maintain secrecy, he might lie low....
    But I doubt he'd let his brothers continue to think he's still dead. It's be cruel and torturous to all involved.. Also defies their combined drive for freedom.

    I respect that there are rational ideas (however few) that could support Sabo's survival... But in the face of all other evidence pointing to his death, it's unlikely.

    Personally I think that Sabo played a massive role in both influencing Ace and Luffy. I also think that his "supposed" death at the hands of a Tenryuubito is epic and underlies a clear thematic component of OP.. The corruption of the powers that be. and the forces of change to come... In that sense Sabo has already etched a place far deeper in the manga than he ever could as a RA, IMHO that is.


    It's on. Like Donkey Kong

  5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  6. #109
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    France
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sabo Thread

    Oh! I've got a super suggestion!
    He's been changed into a girl by Ivankov and he's gonna be Luffy's wife.
    Well, I don't really believe it could have happened but it would be funny... XD

    But if you ignore the Luffy's wife part, if he really is still alive and is a revolutionnary, he could really have become a girl to escape from his father.
    There's no way he could be recognized once he became a girl!

  7. #110
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mugiwara No Luffy's Crew
    Country
    Morocco
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sabo Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    What proof do you have for your claim of absolute brotherliness after all those years? How can you claim them/Sabi staying the same.

    If you haven't noticed, Revolutionaries have/had to stay hidden so they wont get exposed to the World Government/Marines. Dragon still didn't get it touch with Luffy. Why do you think they use those special snails and radios to communicate? That would be a reason, for not getting in contact with Ace or Luffy. Just because you can't think of him acting so rational in such situation[ he would probably just be a small fly himself compared to WB, I don't want to repeat myself...], hell I would react just a Luffy did too[under the condition I'm not a revolutionairy] personally, it doesn't mean he could not nor that he didn't/doesn't love his brothers.
    I don´t think you understand what real brothers mean to one another (Because these 3 are more than brothers) neither the true meaning of my post, or just didn´t get what the the "little" flashback after the war was for (in part). About the revolutionaries, how much do you think did Luffy keep the truth about Ace´s secret? (Well ... I guess it was involuntary but it counts), besides, this whole secret or keep the revolutionaries hidden has nothing to do with it, I mean ... Just tell Luffy to keep his mouth shut and he won´t say a word no matter what are the circumstances ... and don´t you think that the last thing he could have done is as he sent the letter to Ace when he was with his real parents, he could have sent another one saying that he´s all right and nobody has to worry about him anymore ... And he could have done that in the beginning, when nothing as you say might have changed.

    Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

  8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #111
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    ♥ Robin Land ♥
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,256
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sabo Thread

    I honestly don't believe that both of Luffy's brothers are dead. I strongly believe that Sabo is still alive.

    I think the most recent events that have occured in OP are fitting for Luffy to one day eventually cross paths with Sabo again. Dragon obviously is preparing something big. The last indication of Sabo being alive was when Dragon returned back to his ship in the flashback...and since then the most likely "whereabouts" of Sabo is with the Revolutionaries. Now that Dragon has confirmed that he has requested all the commanders to meet together...there's a chance that maybe one of the SH's may cross paths with Sabo without knowing who he is.

    Sabo could also be going by another name now...

    Edit: Sabo x Robin. Perfect couple IMHO. :3
    Last edited by Bugzee; August 31, 2010 at 10:43 AM.

  10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #112
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,042
    Post Thanks / Like

    Arrow Re: Sabo Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Lagoon View Post
    and don´t you think that the last thing he could have done is as he sent the letter to Ace when he was with his real parents, he could have sent another one saying that he´s all right and nobody has to worry about him anymore ... And he could have done that in the beginning, when nothing as you say might have changed.
    We don't know the rules/terms of the RA, so I nor you can really argument with that. Nevertheless considering he's alive, I would think that Sabo wanted them not to worry about him. A fictive death would give him the best cover one could imagine. However again people forget and/or ignore, that Ace had a real big family supporting/rescuing him, so should he really risk exposure, if much stronger people are already helping? In the end Luffy did only delay Ace execution nor do I think somebody of Ace caliber would have made much difference, with all the Shichibukai and Garp/Sengoku being in standby for the longest time. Without Luffy, Garp would most definitly have blocked any other attempt pirates coming to the scaffold.

    And please don't you ever dare to accuse me of not understanding what true love for siblings means! I would give my life for my brother without thinking about it, as he would for me too, as long as not both would end up dead obviously. That comment made me really agressive, it's hard not to become insulting.:E
    Last edited by Schabrak; August 31, 2010 at 12:07 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  12. #113
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    19,093
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sabo Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Buggy*Fly~ View Post
    I honestly don't believe that both of Luffy's brothers are dead. I strongly believe that Sabo is still alive.

    I think the most recent events that have occured in OP are fitting for Luffy to one day eventually cross paths with Sabo again. Dragon obviously is preparing something big. The last indication of Sabo being alive was when Dragon returned back to his ship in the flashback...and since then the most likely "whereabouts" of Sabo is with the Revolutionaries. Now that Dragon has confirmed that he has requested all the commanders to meet together...there's a chance that maybe one of the SH's may cross paths with Sabo without knowing who he is.

    Sabo could also be going by another name now...

    Edit: Sabo x Robin. Perfect couple IMHO. :3
    I agree, sabo is very much alive. I also believe he is the one mentioned in the dragon flashback. If he is alive and was saved by dragon though, it is very likely he is a commander or at least a high ranking revolutionary though. He was supposed to be about as strong as ace before and if that parallel maintains then he is by no means someone who could be considered a rookie.

  13. #114
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mugiwara No Luffy's Crew
    Country
    Morocco
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sabo Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    We don't know the rules/terms of the RA, so I nor you can really argument with that. Nevertheless considering he's alive, I would think that Sabo wanted them not to worry about him. A fictive death would give him the best cover one could imagine. However again people forget and/or ignore, that Ace had a real big family supporting/rescuing him, so should he really risk exposure, if much stronger people are already helping? In the end Luffy did only delay Ace execution nor do I think somebody of Ace caliber would have made much difference, with all the Shichibukai and Garp/Sengoku being in standby for the longest time. Without Luffy, Garp would most definitly have blocked any other attempt pirates coming to the scaffold.
    I´m one of those
    But If Akainu didn´t tempt him, he´ll be crying for WhiteBeard´s death right now. However, I agree with you except in one point, as I said in my post earlier, the last thing he could have done ("Just few days after being rescued by Dragon" **) is send a letter to Ace saying that he´s alright.

    **Not confirmed but seems the most probable scenario.

    thanks to you, now I have 3 possible theory :
    1- He´s dead
    2- Amnesia
    3- Your point, looking at Ace´s big family he might have thought that no way he´s gonna die which would be a serious change in his personality\character.
    But then again if he doesn´t have amnesia IMO he´d have sent a letter to Ace.
    So I guess I have to add a 4th one :
    4- 2 and started remembering thing not long ago + 3 ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    And please don't you ever dare to accuse me of not understanding what true love for siblings means! I would give my life for my brother without thinking about it, as he would for me too, as long as not both would end up dead obviously. That comment made me really agressive, it's hard not to become insulting.:E
    I knew you would be angry with my comment (I'm really bad expressing my thoughts with writing) I'm so sorry if I offended you, It wasn´t my point ... but I guess your post made me aggressive too

    Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

  14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  15. #115
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sabo Thread

    SABO IS NOOOOOT DEAD!!!!!...WATCH EPISODE 504 OF ONE PIECE AND NEAR THE BEGINNING OF THE EPISODE THERE IS A SCENE WHERE DRAGONS SHIP IS DOCKED AND DRAGON WALKS BACK ONTO THE SHIP ONLY TO BE YELLED AT AND THEN DRAGON WHILE OPENING HIS CLOAK SAYS SORRY BUT YOU CANNOT SEE WHAT WAS INSIDE OF HIS CLOAK...WELL WHEN THEY SAY "OH THATS VERY BAD...TREAT HIM NOW"...AND THEN LEAVE DRAGON STANDING THERE, THEY WERE TALKIN ABOUT SABO BECAUSE DRAGON RESCUED HIM FROM THE SEE AFTER THE CELESTIAL DRAGON SHOT AT HIM FOR THE VERY LAST TIME
    Last edited by t00192723; July 09, 2011 at 03:29 PM.

  16. #116
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sabo Thread

    Welcome to the One Piece forums and Mh - t00192723.

    Please try not to use all caps when posting because that gives the impression you're yelling and its not a good format, when reading the post.

    Now about Sabo - that you mentioned. I don't recall the manga chapters about him well enough but I think the anime part you speak of might be filler. I could be wrong as I don't recall that too well.

    Someone here can correct me on that, no doubt.


    Edit: I also want to extend an invitation to you to make your own introduction thread at the mh Memberz Zone. This way, you can say hello to the community.
    Last edited by Charlie; July 09, 2011 at 06:37 PM.


  17. #117
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Google it
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,043
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sabo Thread

    i think Oda is supervising each episode creation even fillers so there is a 0.01%(yeah its possible) that Sabo is the one that Dragon saved

    OMG TWO VILEPLUME

    100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

  18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  19. #118
    Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    大秦
    Country
    Bavaria
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sabo Thread

    actually that same part was in the manga and it was just as unmisunderstandably that this "treat him" was directed at Sabo. there are quite some who don't see it that way though but really there was no other simple and yet convincing theory around - in the manga it was also not clear who said that line iirc ?

  20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  21. #119
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ratatosk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London Below
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sabo Thread

    The anime didn't add much to the manga, but the way it was said made it pretty obvious that Sabo was alive. Manga was ambiguous and translations were all over the place, anime was more reassuring the kiddies. And yeah, Oda checks these things, even at the start before they knew how important plot details would get, or Rayleigh wouldve been the captain of Buggy & Shanks' ship back in the day

    Sabo wanted to sail the seas & write a book about it, (it's been said before but) could be the narrator for all we know.

  22. #120
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member modoki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hatagaya Shibuya-ku
    Country
    Japan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    238
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sabo Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by t00192723 View Post
    SABO IS NOOOOOT DEAD!!!!!...WATCH EPISODE 504 OF ONE PIECE AND NEAR THE BEGINNING OF THE EPISODE THERE IS A SCENE WHERE DRAGONS SHIP IS DOCKED AND DRAGON WALKS BACK ONTO THE SHIP ONLY TO BE YELLED AT AND THEN DRAGON WHILE OPENING HIS CLOAK SAYS SORRY BUT YOU CANNOT SEE WHAT WAS INSIDE OF HIS CLOAK...WELL WHEN THEY SAY "OH THATS VERY BAD...TREAT HIM NOW"...AND THEN LEAVE DRAGON STANDING THERE, THEY WERE TALKIN ABOUT SABO BECAUSE DRAGON RESCUED HIM FROM THE SEE AFTER THE CELESTIAL DRAGON SHOT AT HIM FOR THE VERY LAST TIME

    i did notice that also. After dragon met sabo some time earlier at night, im sure dragon seen a spark in his eye. Sabo definitely looks like revolutionary material to help overthrow world government influence. With him being once in the noble family will definitely help.


    But Sabo is very much alive and under Dragons care. Ivankov and Kuma(RIP) both have knowledge of the aftermath of Sabos medical treatment on the ship after Dragon brought him in.

    Lastly i have a very strange feeling that due to Sabos very bad wounds, most of his body including face may have been burned to the point where he may not even be recognizable anymore. When we do see him again (pressumably the NW) He may either :
    1. wearing a mask
    2. reconstructed as an android or something (sorry i know this is a stupid point)
    3. New name, new personality, disregarded his previous life and friends.
    Last edited by modoki; August 16, 2011 at 01:44 PM.

New Reply
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts