Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Sabo's strength

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • On par with Ace

    6 20.00%
  • On par with Luffy

    7 23.33%
  • Stronger than Luffy

    6 20.00%
  • Stronger than Ace

    4 13.33%
  • stronger than both

    5 16.67%
  • weaker than both

    3 10.00%
  • In between Ace and Luffy

    3 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53

Thread: How strong do you estimate Sabo to be?

  1. #1
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Uddevalla
    Country
    Sweden
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    669
    Post Thanks / Like

    How strong do you estimate Sabo to be?

    Here we go!
    Sabo's strength was equal to Ace's during the three brothers' childhood.
    Spoiler show

    Luffy, being three years younger was the least strong.

    Dragon, after having rescued Sabo, took him under his wing. So we can assume that Sabo has been training with several different high ranking officers in the revolutionary army.

    He's a member of the Revolutionary army who along with Koala and Hack got the mission to investigate Donquixote Doflamingo, the worlds most powerful underground broker and one of the strongest shichibukai.

    The poll is based on what we've seen so far, and there still being a small gap between Luffy and Ace, with Ace being stronger.
    Last edited by TheLuffySmile; December 12, 2013 at 10:00 AM.
    Hey, Ace! Sabo's alive man! just thought you deserved to know.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #2
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Austria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong do you estimate Sabo to be?

    I actually started this thread aswell. Damn 24h rule

    I'm not sure myself. Luffy was always the weakling and crybaby of the trio. He had to catch up eventually but Ace dying was good because then there wasn't that point where Luffy surpassed Ace. He never did. Ace just died. And that's fine.

    But Sabo on the other hand is a problem. If he stayed equal to Ace then he should be stronger than Luffy right now. If that's the case then I wonder: WHEN will Luffy surpass him and how will it be legit. I'm scared that Sabo would be portrayed as weak if the three years younger, crybaby Luffy would surpass him in the end. If he is already weaker then it would mean that he made no progress in the last two years or that he couldn't keep up with Ace in the first place. Ace and Sabo had to look after their younger brother - and Ace died doing so. But until his death he was stronger than Luffy.

    Sabo still lives though and either way Sabo looks stupid in the end imo. Can anyone cheer me up by explaining how it would work without Sabo being kind of embarassed?

    PS:
    Quote Quote:
    The poll is based on what we've seen so far, and there still being a small gap between Luffy and Ace, with Ace being stronger.
    I'm not sure Ace would still be stronger than Luffy. I mean we never really saw him fight all out (except for Blackbeard and that was devil fruit battle). I personally think Luffy is about equal in strenght to pre timeskip/pre death Ace.

  4. #3
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Uddevalla
    Country
    Sweden
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    669
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong do you estimate Sabo to be?

    Quote Originally Posted by KuroKarasu View Post
    I actually started this thread aswell. Damn 24h rule

    I'm not sure myself. Luffy was always the weakling and crybaby of the trio. He had to catch up eventually but Ace dying was good because then there wasn't that point where Luffy surpassed Ace. He never did. Ace just died. And that's fine.

    But Sabo on the other hand is a problem. If he stayed equal to Ace then he should be stronger than Luffy right now. If that's the case then I wonder: WHEN will Luffy surpass him and how will it be legit. I'm scared that Sabo would be portrayed as weak if the three years younger, crybaby Luffy would surpass him in the end. If he is already weaker then it would mean that he made no progress in the last two years or that he couldn't keep up with Ace in the first place. Ace and Sabo had to look after their younger brother - and Ace died doing so. But until his death he was stronger than Luffy.

    Sabo still lives though and either way Sabo looks stupid in the end imo. Can anyone cheer me up by explaining how it would work without Sabo being kind of embarassed?

    PS:


    I'm not sure Ace would still be stronger than Luffy. I mean we never really saw him fight all out (except for Blackbeard and that was devil fruit battle). I personally think Luffy is about equal in strenght to pre timeskip/pre death Ace.
    Haha yeah I made one before this one aswell, damn 24h rule! ^^

    So you think that Luffy is on par with Ace huh, hmmm. Hard to say. Maaaaybe.
    What you said about Ace's death is very true. Luffy never had the chance to surpass him. Ace died the stronger one.
    Hey, Ace! Sabo's alive man! just thought you deserved to know.

  5. #4
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Austria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong do you estimate Sabo to be?

    There is no evidence to back either statement anyways.

    Only thing I thought about is Burgess. He was fodder to Ace pre time skip and now holds the title of Yonkou Division Commander aswell. It doesn't mean that he would be on par with Ace now but him winning his tournament round in seconds prove how skilled he is. So if Burgess can cath up or almost catch up - so can Luffy.

  6. #5
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Uddevalla
    Country
    Sweden
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    669
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong do you estimate Sabo to be?

    Quote Originally Posted by KuroKarasu View Post
    There is no evidence to back either statement anyways.

    Only thing I thought about is Burgess. He was fodder to Ace pre time skip and now holds the title of Yonkou Division Commander aswell. It doesn't mean that he would be on par with Ace now but him winning his tournament round in seconds prove how skilled he is. So if Burgess can cath up or almost catch up - so can Luffy.
    Yeah that's very true. But, what if Burgess' block was full of trash compared to him? Whilst Luffy's was filled with strong people. I'm not saying that Burgess isn't strong or hasn't caught up a bit, but in the end I'd still give it to Ace. You make a fair point though. Both Ace's and Luffy's growth have been nothing short of amazing, so if Sabo is just as talented/skilled as those two, we're looking at a real powerhouse.
    Hey, Ace! Sabo's alive man! just thought you deserved to know.

  7. #6
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Austria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong do you estimate Sabo to be?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLuffySmile View Post
    Yeah that's very true. But, what if Burgess' block was full of trash compared to him? Whilst Luffy's was filled with strong people. I'm not saying that Burgess isn't strong or hasn't caught up a bit, but in the end I'd still give it to Ace. You make a fair point though. Both Ace's and Luffy's growth have been nothing short of amazing, so if Sabo is just as talented/skilled as those two, we're looking at a real powerhouse.
    Exactly. Looking forward to seeing him fight. I'm just damn curious to see a Luffy/sabo strength comparison Well I guess we have to give it time.

  8. #7
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Uddevalla
    Country
    Sweden
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    669
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong do you estimate Sabo to be?

    Quote Originally Posted by KuroKarasu View Post
    Exactly. Looking forward to seeing him fight. I'm just damn curious to see a Luffy/sabo strength comparison Well I guess we have to give it time.
    Indeed. I would actually bet on Sabo being on par with Luffy. But we'll see!
    Hey, Ace! Sabo's alive man! just thought you deserved to know.

  9. #8
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Austria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong do you estimate Sabo to be?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLuffySmile View Post
    Indeed. I would actually bet on Sabo being on par with Luffy. But we'll see!
    Well, if that's the case wouldn't it be disgracing for Sabo? You are suggesting that Ace pre timeskip was stronger than Luffy is right now. And yet you estimate Sabo to be on par with Luffy. So even though they were equals as kids, Sabo is "2 years weaker" than Ace? It's possible but it would make Sabo look weak in my opinion.

    But it's getting awkward with only the two of us discussing. Come on guys, butt in

  10. #9
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Inferno
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,128
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong do you estimate Sabo to be?

    As I stated before the other topic (which ever one I posted in) got closed, I'm assuming that he is stronger than both of them now, though that is assuming Sabo and Ace continued to grow at the same rate. If Sabo and Ace were around the same strength when Ace died, I have no doubt that he is stronger than Ace was now, seeing as he had 2 years to improve himself further. And seeing as how Luffy is still the little brother, I think Oda would want to keep the big brother is stronger than the little brother for a while longer. Plus, I'm sure after Ace died, Sabo pushed himself even more so he could be strong enough to protect Luffy enough for him(Sabo) and Ace and making sure he would be able to protect him and help him as he couldn't do with Ace.

    If they didn't have the same growth rate, then Sabo may be somewhere in between. Stronger than Luffy, but weaker than Ace, but I doubt that.

    Wait does, stronger than both mean that he's stronger than both combined or stronger than both individually? Because I don't think he's stronger than both combined.

    I also agree than Sabo being on par would Luffy wouldn't be cool. He was out the seas a 7 years before Ace and 10 before Luffy. If he only became as strong as pre-time skip Luffy during that time while under Dragon, that wouldn't be believable to me.
    Last edited by eefrit; December 12, 2013 at 11:48 AM.

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Uddevalla
    Country
    Sweden
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    669
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong do you estimate Sabo to be?

    Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    As I stated before the other topic (which ever one I posted in) got closed, I'm assuming that he is stronger than both of them now, though that is assuming Sabo and Ace continued to grow at the same rate. If Sabo and Ace were around the same strength when Ace died, I have no doubt that he is stronger than Ace was now, seeing as he had 2 years to improve himself further. And seeing as how Luffy is still the little brother, I think Oda would want to keep the big brother is stronger than the little brother for a while longer. Plus, I'm sure after Ace died, Sabo pushed himself even more so he could be strong enough to protect Luffy enough for him(Sabo) and Ace and making sure he would be able to protect him and help him as he couldn't do with Ace.

    If they didn't have the same growth rate, then Sabo may be somewhere in between. Stronger than Luffy, but weaker than Ace, but I doubt that.

    Wait does, stronger than both mean that he's stronger than both combined or stronger than both individually? Because I don't think he's stronger than both combined.

    I also agree than Sabo being on par would Luffy wouldn't be cool. He was out the seas a 7 years before Ace and 10 before Luffy. If he only became as strong as pre-time skip Luffy during that time while under Dragon, that wouldn't not be believable to me.
    It means stronger than both individually

    Both Ace and Luffy has/had the blood of two of the worlds strongest men in their veins, while Sabo's parents are some disgusting nobles. Now I don't know if blood matters in One Piece, but it does often seem to be the case. But if we purely focus on their individual strength and grow-rate, Sabo might be stronger as you say. You do make some compelling arguments for it.
    Hey, Ace! Sabo's alive man! just thought you deserved to know.

  13. #11
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Austria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong do you estimate Sabo to be?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLuffySmile View Post
    It means stronger than both individually

    Both Ace and Luffy has/had the blood of two of the worlds strongest men in their veins, while Sabo's parents are some disgusting nobles. Now I don't know if blood matters in One Piece, but it does often seem to be the case. But if we purely focus on their individual strength and grow-rate, Sabo might be stronger as you say. You do make some compelling arguments for it.
    Yeah, I consired their blood and especially the "D" aswell. But if that means that by now Sabo doesn't have an edge on Luffy anymore then it's dissapointing. I mean, Luffy's his younger brother, he has to protect him. Maybe not anymore but he should still be stronger.

  14. #12
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,718
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong do you estimate Sabo to be?

    Sabo in my opinion should lack one thing compared to Luffy- the power of not doubting. It was said long ago by Zeff to be one of most dangerous weapons. Sabo is still regreting that he didnt came to war back then- Luffy avoided this because as he said to Iva- he would regret not trying to help save Ace so much that it would make him want to die or something along those lines. Yet those were words of immature Luffy, grown ups dont use such strong words but they just live with their choices. It was same with Ace not wanting to regret anything even though he died because he stayed the way he always was until very end. He also wasnt matured enough and he lacked motivation to live until he understood how loved he really was by so many people. He didnt had time to grow up in a way thanks to acknowledging all love that he was given.

    As for numbers or scale- I do think that Sabo is around of what Zoro/Sanji are capable. Why?
    Because even though Sabo was most probably under Dragon and he was trained since childhood he doesnt have such potential as Luffy or Ace had. Why? Mosty because those two are gifted being sons of 2 biggest figures in Pirates and Revolutionaries history.
    Even though Sabo was stronger as kid than Luffy, still a bit weaker than Ace by very small margin It was fault of Luffy being younger, not having good hold on his Devil Fruit power and fact that Ace trained with Sabo for longer time.

    I expect Sabo to be at same level as Sanji/Zoro because both of them are monsters, geniuses yet without fathers like Luffy or Ace had and as you see the fact that both Sanji and Zoro are stronger and were trained since they were small doesnt change that Luffy is above them.

    Also becoming stronger than Sabo would be clear indication that Luffy grown up to be as strong as Ace or presumably stronger than him as he wanted to be
    Spoiler show

  15. #13
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Austria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong do you estimate Sabo to be?

    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    Sabo in my opinion should lack one thing compared to Luffy- the power of not doubting. It was said long ago by Zeff to be one of most dangerous weapons. Sabo is still regreting that he didnt came to war back then- Luffy avoided this because as he said to Iva- he would regret not trying to help save Ace so much that it would make him want to die or something along those lines. Yet those were words of immature Luffy, grown ups dont use such strong words but they just live with their choices. It was same with Ace not wanting to regret anything even though he died because he stayed the way he always was until very end. He also wasnt matured enough and he lacked motivation to live until he understood how loved he really was by so many people. He didnt had time to grow up in a way thanks to acknowledging all love that he was given.

    As for numbers or scale- I do think that Sabo is around of what Zoro/Sanji are capable. Why?
    Because even though Sabo was most probably under Dragon and he was trained since childhood he doesnt have such potential as Luffy or Ace had. Why? Mosty because those two are gifted being sons of 2 biggest figures in Pirates and Revolutionaries history.
    Even though Sabo was stronger as kid than Luffy, still a bit weaker than Ace by very small margin It was fault of Luffy being younger, not having good hold on his Devil Fruit power and fact that Ace trained with Sabo for longer time.

    I expect Sabo to be at same level as Sanji/Zoro because both of them are monsters, geniuses yet without fathers like Luffy or Ace had and as you see the fact that both Sanji and Zoro are stronger and were trained since they were small doesnt change that Luffy is above them.

    Also becoming stronger than Sabo would be clear indication that Luffy grown up to be as strong as Ace or presumably stronger than him as he wanted to be
    Spoiler show
    You're right. And Sabo never had the insane endurance that Luffy had. I mean we didn't see him being punshed with spiked gloves but I doubt he could've handled it as well as Luffy. Ace and luffy have the blood of true legends. Still if they meet again after years and Luffy is already stronger then it's kind of sad, for me atleast. Him being equal or a bit stronger right now would be perfect. And soon Luffy surpasses him and we can witness it.

  16. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,715
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong do you estimate Sabo to be?

    The guy was equal to Ace when he was young & now he is being trained by Dragon & the revolution army for years.
    He will be at the very least around Luffy's level and I expect him to be stronger. I expect him to wipe the floor with Burgess to be honest. I want him to be that strong.

  17. #15
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,718
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong do you estimate Sabo to be?

    Quote Originally Posted by KuroKarasu View Post
    You're right. And Sabo never had the insane endurance that Luffy had. I mean we didn't see him being punshed with spiked gloves but I doubt he could've handled it as well as Luffy. Ace and luffy have the blood of true legends. Still if they meet again after years and Luffy is already stronger then it's kind of sad, for me atleast. Him being equal or a bit stronger right now would be perfect. And soon Luffy surpasses him and we can witness it.
    Sabo part of story is/ will be sad not only because he presumably died in past but because he didnt came to help Ace and Luffy during war.
    He has to live with that kind of regret so it will be a bit hard for him. Look at how badly Arlong thing was eating up on Jinbe and it wasnt as close to him as Ace was to Sabo.

    I would bet on Sabo being Sanji/Zoro level and that is still hella strong and enough to compete with anyone in tournament.

    Hope this thread wont be closed because those are speculations that would put on hold recycling this subject in main - chapter or hangout threads.

  18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts