Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: Hobi Hobi no Mi

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Hobi Hobi no Mi

So I was thinking about Sugar's ability and it's limits and possibilities. First of all: I think the fruit is hax as fuck. I mean you make the other person basically unable to fight AND everybody forgets they ever existed. And there don't seem to be any limitations (atleast in quantity) and since the dolls are working at night it seems like sleeping doesn't count as being unconscious. That is, unless the balls she always eats keep her awake and she never sleeps or something.

But then I started thinking more about the fruit and noticed HOW HAX it could actually be. Let's assume there is no range restriction and everybody on the whole planet forgets about a person (which would make the most sense - if there is a range limitation then the fruit is way too complicated).

So my idea now was: Wht if you use the fruit on somebody you actually want to protect? Let's assume Doflamingo gets attacked by Kaidou or Admirals. Sugar can just turn him into a toy, everybody forgets about him and he can just walk out of Dressrosa no questions asked. And then if he thinks he is safe again she turns him back. There are too many possibilities.

Or another thought is: What if a person dies as a toy? Will he always stay forgotten or will the people suddenly remember?

There are so many questions about this fruit. Do you have some ideas too? I think transforming Dofla to save him would be pretty fucked up - but possible.
    Last edited by KuroKarasu; December 18, 2013 at 02:19 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hobi Hobi no Mi

If DD ends up as a puppet as a result of the DF of one of his own, it would be hilarious and fitting. But to the bigger question, yes it is hax, albeit in a very different sense from what we've come to expect. Although, depending on the details and requirements of the ability, it might have almost no battle applications whatsoever. It's been a while since I've been so enthused, and slightly mortified, by a DF.

thread moved to Tree of Knowledge ~♪ goldb
    Last edited by goldb; December 18, 2013 at 03:10 PM.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuroKarasu View Post
    So I was thinking about Sugar's ability and it's limits and possibilities. First of all: I think the fruit is hax as fuck. I mean you make the other person basically unable to fight AND everybody forgets they ever existed. And there don't seem to be any limitations (atleast in quantity) and since the dolls are working at night it seems like sleeping doesn't count as being unconscious. That is, unless the balls she always eats keep her awake and she never sleeps or something.

But then I started thinking more about the fruit and noticed HOW HAX it could actually be. Let's assume there is no range restriction and everybody on the whole planet forgets about a person (which would make the most sense - if there is a range limitation then the fruit is way too complicated).

So my idea now was: Wht if you use the fruit on somebody you actually want to protect? Let's assume Doflamingo gets attacked by Kaidou or Admirals. Sugar can just turn him into a toy, everybody forgets about him and he can just walk out of Dressrosa no questions asked. And then if he thinks he is safe again she turns him back. There are too many possibilities.

Or another thought is: What if a person dies as a toy? Will he always stay forgotten or will the people suddenly remember?

There are so many questions about this fruit. Do you have some ideas too? I think transforming Dofla to save him would be pretty fucked up - but possible.
    Cool that you were able to ask such difficult question about why Doflamingo doesnt use it on himself.

Maybe he is so sure that he can handle this whole situation good enough so he will not have to change anything in his life. Him becoming Toy is one of last options that he would reconsider most probably. Also even if he would walk out of Dressrosa with use of Sugars ability, still Yonko and World Goverment will be after him when he gets turned back into human. He is in deep shit. Either Kaido will kill him or World Goverment will imprison him. Or something totally different will happen but it will not make his situation any less shitty

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    Cool that you were able to ask such difficult question about why Doflamingo doesnt use it on himself.

Maybe he is so sure that he can handle this whole situation good enough so he will not have to change anything in his life. Him becoming Toy is one of last options that he would reconsider most probably. Also even if he would walk out of Dressrosa with use of Sugars ability, still Yonko and World Goverment will be after him when he gets turned back into human. He is in deep shit. Either Kaido will kill him or World Goverment will imprison him. Or something totally different will happen but it will not make his situation any less shitty
    No, of course it would not be less shitty but he could potentially live as a toy for years (Cover story incoming). He could just get a new look, move to a new place and so on. Still deep shit but not as deep as before

New Reply