Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
Thread Closed
Page 101 of 134 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2003

Thread: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    GK's positioning was way off, but credit for the accuracy of the freekick. I don't follow German football so I've not even heard of this guy( seriously need to watch more football like back in the day ). Neuer is still no1? even he's overrated.
    Weidenfeller's decent, but he's not at the level that a club who wants to compete for the CL title needs their keeper to be at. He's prone to making mistakes at times and he's just not that good of a keeper.

Yeah, Neuer wouldn't have been No. 1, but the guy who was No. 1 committed suicide a few years back. Neuer's pretty good and he's probably a top five keeper. He beat Casillas head to head, although he then proceeded to lose to Cech.

Spoiler show

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, Bale with the free kick at the death against Lyon. Dude is just impressive. Wonder when he'll actually leave Tottenham.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Gary, the keeper should've been there though. It was a well struck free kick, but it wasn't placed that well. The free kick Bale hit on the weekend was great, but this free kick was kind of average. It was a lot like the free kick Shakhtar scored against Dortmund yesterday. It was on target, but really, it should've been saved.

Spoiler show

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

It wasn't an own goal or a poor clearance. It was at the death and it was clutch. I don't disagree with you though.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It was the match winner, which is all that counts at the end.

---------- Post added February 16, 2013 at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was February 14, 2013 at 06:22 PM ----------

So, Arsenal fans, how do you feel after losing 1-0 at home to Blackburn in the FA Cup?

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Not just at the death, at the last gasp, Oldham equalize. 5th Round replay here we come.

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Wenger says that the season is not over, even though they're out of the COC and FA Cup, the top four looks unlikely, and the CL is looking extremely unlikely. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21485114

Spoiler show

Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

I- yeah....

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

So what's everyone's picks for this week in the CL?

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Munich and Malaga

Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

1-0 already....here we go.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

2-0

Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

I did not expect this .. Wow, Arsenal ... they just can not pass this phase.

Also Gary^^ I think Porto might be more experienced in these knock out stages, but we shall see, it might be an interesting match.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I dindn't expect Arsenal to put up much of a fight... it's Bayern Munich -_-. I expect Malaga to beat Porto also, they're gonna be the Shalke of last season

Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

What a coincidence ...

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Prince's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Football's coming home...

Nice goal by Kroos. The kid is such an elegant player, if only he got his shit together and wouldn't slack off as much. Müller is just one of the most cunning sly dogs out there! That goal was a "Typical Müller". Well, and Mandzukic's goal was quite... um... out of the ordinary. But how that goal came about was da shizz! (i.e. how Mandy chested down the ball, Arjen's splendid pass to Lahm, Lahm's running path... )

The ref was a total douche. Some decisions were a bit questionable, to put it mildly.

And Heynckes remains to be the twat he is. Robben is on friggin fire for several weeks now. Give our beloved Dutchman the time he deserves, fossil tard!

TL: Oumagadoki Doubutsuen (29/37) || *NEW* HUNGRY JOKER (latest update: case.12+13) • Meet the Man: Sterling Cooper Ad Agency

Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not think it ever left Germany Prince, if that is what you actually mean. The nation squad is pretty much always at the top, but sadly in recent years it has only been Munich that has been doing great in club football. But some teams are beginning to catch up ...

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    Football's coming home...

Nice goal by Kroos. The kid is such an elegant player, if only he got his shit together and wouldn't slack off as much. Müller is just one of the most cunning sly dogs out there! That goal was a "Typical Müller". Well, and Mandzukic's goal was quite... um... out of the ordinary. But how that goal came about was da shizz! (i.e. how Mandy chested down the ball, Arjen's splendid pass to Lahm, Lahm's running path... )

The ref was a total douche. Some decisions were a bit questionable, to put it mildly.

And Heynckes remains to be the twat he is. Robben is on friggin fire for several weeks now. Give our beloved Dutchman the time he deserves, fossil tard!
    The way that Norwegian ref was pulling out cards at one point, I expected for there to be about two dismissals.

In terms of Robben, do you remember the firestorm that occurred after Robben's penalty was saved by Cech? I think that, in large part, Robben's sidelining this season has been because of that. There seemed to be some rather negative sentiment present in the German media at the time (I'm trying to put it tactfully), if you'll recall, with all of those questions along the lines of, "Why is a Dutch guy taking penalties for Bayern?" I think Robben should be out there every match, and in fact, I think that he's better than Ribery, who I've always thought is a bit overrated. He doesn't really make assists, he doesn't score goals, and he sort of just runs with the ball and holds up play. I don't see Ribery as an overly effective player. Every competition that I watch and support France in, I always come away looking at how ineffective Ribery is.
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; February 20, 2013 at 02:32 AM.

Spoiler show

Thread Closed
Page 101 of 134 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast