Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 44 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

*sigh* Why are people underestimating Liverpool? Everyone thinks this is gonna be an easy win for City... Last time I checked City haven't beaten us for almost a year now. They will never defeat us!

Arsenal threw away another game huh? Well, we will just take advantage of that loss and frog leap Arsenal

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi919 View Post
    *sigh* Why are people underestimating Liverpool? Everyone thinks this is gonna be an easy win for City... Last time I checked City haven't beaten us for almost a year now. They will never defeat us!

Arsenal threw away another game huh? Well, we will just take advantage of that loss and frog leap Arsenal
    I'm not underestimating them, they are a solid team with good players and stand a genuine chance to win the match; but have you SEEN Man City's starting line-up?

If Liverpool win today, they will go above us! Damn Arsenal!

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    I'm not underestimating them, they are a solid team with good players and stand a genuine chance to win the match; but have you SEEN Man City's starting line-up?

If Liverpool win today, they will go above us! Damn Arsenal!
    With the exception of Aguero, it's the same team we beat 3-1 last season and it's the same team we should have beaten last month. It's true that City are definitely not the same team,in terms of team chemistry, but Liverpool are very dangerous right now. More so because we finally got a win after all those draws.

Don't worry though... Arsenal can still make it to Champions League football if they don't crumble

Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi919 View Post
    Don't worry though... Arsenal can still make it to Champions League football if they don't crumble
    Dude, Arsenal always do the same shit after the new year; lots of draws and odd wins. Can't string together a long enough run to get some consistency going.

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

This season was different though... they had a horrible start. I'm sure with Henry coming back though, they will have better team morale and win most of their games.

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Porto favourites against Man City? I admit they're strong and have a chance to win but I dunno if I'd consider them favourites over City.
    My opinion wasn't based on the strength's of each team, but yes on the fact that Porto has really a lot more history than Manchester City. It's obvious that they have a lot of awesome players, like David Silva,Aguero,Nasri .... but Porto also has Hulk,James,Moutinho,Fernando and we were the previous winners of this competition. The champions might have went badly from us, but anyone that saw the team on the two last games of it, definitely understood that if since the beginning they showed that quality, we would have passed on first.

They have definitely a great team, and a lot more money than Porto. But what have they really achieve?
    It's based on this perspective that i say that Porto should go to the game aware that even though we don't have as money and even quality, we can definitely beat them, like we did to other English teams
    Spoiler show
    on the last years. Teams that have a budget ridiculously enormous compared to ours.

But my only hope is that it turns into an awesome game. Based on what i know of the 2 teams it's going to be really an amazing math. City is pretty strong offensively but Porto's defense is getting better, and hopefully Danilo will end the pain on the right side of our defense. And i think that City sometimes exposes a lot defensively, so i hope that both James and Hulk will be inspired .. cuz if so, i am sure we can make some damages. Sadly it doesn't seem that Iturbe has still reached what the coach expects from him, so don't think he is ever going to be a solution on these games. But based on the minutes he played, he definitely has quality.

It's also possible that Porto might hire someone with quality to substitute Falcão, cuz until now we haven't found any one that could.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

3-0; Easy win for City. They had the game under control from the go. Liverpool played well and very aggressive in their attack and defense of the ball, but you could always see that City could strike at any minute and their players looked very comfortable with the ball and not once did they look panicked to me.
    Liverpool had one or 2 chances in the first half, that if taken may have made for a more close scoreline or interesting result.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

3-0; Easy win for City. They had the game under control from the go. Liverpool played well and very aggressive in their attack and defense of the ball, but you could always see that City could strike at any minute and their players looked very comfortable with the ball and not once did they look panicked to me.
    Liverpool had one or 2 chances in the first half, that if taken may have made for a more close scoreline or interesting result.
    I only saw a bit of the second half, but man, that weather looked insane

Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I only saw a bit of the second half, but man, that weather looked insane
    Yeah, spoke to a few friends who told me it was raining but I didn't think it was that bad. Guess walking to work is no longer an option if it stays like that when I return

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, spoke to a few friends who told me it was raining but I didn't think it was that bad. Guess walking to work is no longer an option if it stays like that when I return
    Yeah, the commentators said the wind and water was slowing the ball down

Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Normally when it's just light rain, it makes the ball move faster and helps improve game flow but it was just too much rain and slowed the ball waaaaaay down. Luckily there were still players like Silva, Toure, Bellamy and Aguero who move fast regardless.

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, Madrid won Yesterday ... Don't get me wrong, they were supposed to win but when I saw 0-2 I felt like YEAAAAAH

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Newcastle 3-0 Man. United
    Manchester United is really weak this year. Unfortunately Porto has to face City, cuz imo it would be away easier to face United.
    Don't expect to see United winning the Premier League this year. It will be much likely City ... but it would be awesome if the Spurs kept with this awesome campaign and manage to fight for it.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jorped View Post
    Newcastle 3-0 Man. United
    Manchester United is really weak this year. Unfortunately Porto has to face City, cuz imo it would be away easier to face United.
    Don't expect to see United winning the Premier League this year. It will be much likely City ... but it would be awesome if the Spurs kept with this awesome campaign and manage to fight for it.
    Yeah, I think I'm rooting for the Spurs this year, they've just been really impressive when I've watched.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

YES they lost!!!!

Spurs have had a very good campaign so far and are still amongst it, seeing as everyone is dropping points carelessly as of late. As much as it hurts to admit it, it's been very entertaining watching their live matches.

I've got City to win the league, unless they REALLY start to slip up(which I doubt they will) cos they've got real strength in their squad; more so than any other team in the league.

Thread Closed
Page 44 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 ... LastLast