Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 56 of 134 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

Go France! :P

I think Spain or Holland win, realistically, but we'll see. I think people have slept on France, but who knows. I believe Germany is overrated right now though. Of the four teams (Spain, Holland, Germany, and France) that have any chance of winning the Euros, Germany has the worst strikers, and I think that that'll be the difference. Spain and France's shoddy defending could come back to bite them, however.

On other news, it appears Hazard's deal is finally done. Joey Barton got punched in the face (always a positive) and Craig Bellamy's apparently going to be one of the three overage players for the Olympics. I mean, you've got a host of overage players to choose from and one of Woy's choices is Craig Bellamy?
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; June 04, 2012 at 06:58 PM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Go France! :P

I think Spain or Holland win, realistically, but we'll see. I think people have slept on France, but who knows. I believe Germany is overrated right now though. Of the four teams (Spain, Holland, Germany, and France) that have any chance of winning the Euros, Germany has the worst strikers, and I think that that'll be the difference. Spain and France's shoddy defending could come back to bite them, however.

On other news, it appears Hazard's deal is finally done. Joey Barton got punched in the face (always a positive) and Craig Bellamy's apparently going to be one of the three overage players for the Olympics. I mean, you've got a host of overage players to choose from and one of Woy's choices is Craig Bellamy?
    So that leaves Holland then right? I've not even got France or Portugal on my radar to be honest but I won't be surprise to see them make it far. Who do you think the surprise team of the tournament will be???

Hazard's deal was announced days ago(1st June iirc) and yeah I heard about Joey Barton; made my day if they're choosing Bellamy, I hope to GOD they've spoken to Giggs about it already and the other host of PL players who are over 30.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    So that leaves Holland then right? I've not even got France or Portugal on my radar to be honest but I won't be surprise to see them make it far. Who do you think the surprise team of the tournament will be???

Hazard's deal was announced days ago(1st June iirc) and yeah I heard about Joey Barton; made my day if they're choosing Bellamy, I hope to GOD they've spoken to Giggs about it already and the other host of PL players who are over 30.
    In a way, yes, that leaves Holland. RVP has been truly spectacular the last two years. I haven't seen enough of Afellay to know how he'll do. Robben's still a question mark and he needs to stay away from the penalty spot for the moment (I know he netted one against Madrid, but...), but the defense and the midfield have been quite solid. The one thing that doesn't make me convinced that Holland can beat Spain is what we saw in the WC Final. Holland just stood around and hoped something would magically appear and didn't put enough effort into trying to win the Final. It seemed to me more like they were hoping it would go to penalties. If Holland's willing to play more counter attacking style and go for it a bit more, they have the talent to win the Euros.

Hazard's deal was announced by Hazard back in May, but it was finally finished today. :P

France has been really impressive under Laurent Blanc, and while it was only a friendly with players missing on both sides, France crushed Germany in February. France has been quite convincing lately, so I just think they've got something to prove. Plus, they'd want to go into Euro 16 as the holders on their home ground. To be honest, while I'd love for France to win the Euros, I think the semifinals is what they should hope for, and just build up for the 2014 WC and Euro 16.

I'd have Portugal as a surprise team/dark horse if their principal man wasn't CR7. They actually have quite a few good players, although people like Pepe are a huge liability.

I haven't gone to search the internet, but you can see it for yourself about Bellamy. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18320907
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; June 04, 2012 at 08:32 PM.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

tbh, I couldn't care less about who wins the euro 12, only thing I care about is our performance against England

If we play like we did vs Iceland the first half we'll have a shot :*
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

France may be everyone's favourite to win Euro 2012 but I hope Portugal win it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

France? meh
    I want a Holland vs Germany final or world cup final rematch

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Silveritz from OMF was nice enough to collect these pics:

Quote Originally Posted by Silveritz
    Some new kits for the next season . . .

Spoiler: United away show

Spoiler: Arsenal away show

Spoiler: Chelsea home show

Spoiler: Everton away show

Spoiler: Liverpool away show
    Last edited by goldb; June 05, 2012 at 04:31 PM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

HMPF

Like the shirt tho D:

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

These were my thoughts on the issue.

Who made those kits? As big a Chelsea supporter as I am, that star is ridiculous and is just not in the spirit of the game.

United's is halfway decent. Purple just isn't a great color for kits in general, and it looks so wrong for Arsenal. Liverpool's doesn't even look like anything resembling an LFC kit.

Villa has the best looking kit out of the five, although that's not saying much, but unfortunately, it looks like a polo shirt, not a jersey.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Well actually the Liverpool kits are based on their old kits from back in the day. Or so I have heard, I think its quite decent actually. I'm gonna get them

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi919 View Post
    Well actually the Liverpool kits are based on their old kits from back in the day. Or so I have heard, I think its quite decent actually. I'm gonna get them
    Yeah, I know, it's back to the pre-Hillsborough logo, iirc. I don't like the black though, as I don't really think it fits LFC, but that's just me.

I've been thinking about buying the white kit with the yellow, black, and blue on the top that we used when we moved past Barca in the SFs, but I don't want this new kit with the star on it. It just looks overly tacky.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't mind if the grey was changed to red so liverpool went red/black instead of red/white :#

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

One mistake fixed; Villa kit is actually Everton.

I absolutely hate Arsenal's new away kit, if that's the final version. I've got this previous season's one and it's lovely as Arsenal always has really nice away kits but that one is absolute rubbish.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    One mistake fixed; Villa kit is actually Everton.

I absolutely hate Arsenal's new away kit, if that's the final version. I've got this previous season's one and it's lovely as Arsenal always has really nice away kits but that one is absolute rubbish.
    Thanks for that. I didn't bother to check out Silveritz's things, nor did I look at the logo, which is clearly Everton's.

I don't know who would come up with that away kit. It's even worse than the new Germany kits that were unveiled in Bremen during that friendly loss to France in Frebruary, and those were ugly.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

My favourite German kit would be their euro 2008 kit:

Spoiler show

I really love how France's away kit was done, so simple:

Spoiler show

Thread Closed
Page 56 of 134 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast