Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 70 of 134 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2003

Thread: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Silver Naizel's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

My favorites teams:

Lyon( France)
    Liverpool/Chelsea( England)
    Juventus( Italia)
    Valencia( Spain)
    Bayer Leverkusen( Germany)

Having a team in the main land may follow all of championship!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Naizel View Post
    My favorites teams:

Lyon( France)
    Juventus( Italia)
    Valencia( Spain)

You can not support both Liverpool and Chelsea. There can be a team you support and another team who you like, but with the bitter rivalry from the early to late 00s, you really can't support both. Now, for example, the team I support is Chelsea, but I like to see Everton do well, especially if them doing well means that they finish above Liverpool. :P

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorites teams:

Lyon( France)
    Juventus( Italia)
    Valencia( Spain)

Nice Liverpool, Leverkusen and Juventus
    French league is pretty much non-existant to me... as for Spain, I'll have to go with Athletic Bilbao. I've liked them for some years now. I used to like Real Madrid because of Raul, but since they sold him and Murinho is now their manager, not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    You can not support both Liverpool and Chelsea. There can be a team you support and another team who you like, but with the bitter rivalry from the early to late 00s, you really can't support both. Now, for example, the team I support is Chelsea, but I like to see Everton do well, especially if them doing well means that they finish above Liverpool. :P
    He's right... forget about Chelsea, Liverpool is the way to go Even though Liverpool is my english team, I still support Everton, because I think they are a great club to finish top ten every season without spending much money, if any money at all.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of people think David Moyes will succeed SAF whenever he ends up retiring, and I think Moyes will do quite well for United, assuming that he does get the job. He's done so much with rather limited resources at Everton, and even though I'm a Chelsea fan, I look forward to seeing what he can do with an ample transfer budget.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I know but my favorite player is Fernando Torres, like he is gone to Chelsea..
    But, if all my teams play against Chelsea, I'll support them, no Chelsea.
    Also, I learn to like Chelsea since they were in difficult period( 2010-2011).
    For example in Champion League, I supported Juventus when they played vs Chelsea!

Too, defeat of Liverpool this after noon...

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

For example in Champion League, I supported Juventus when they played vs Chelsea!

Um, the 10-11 season was perfectly good for Chelsea. In fact, last season was our worst season since Roman took over, although we did win the FA Cup and the CL, domestically, we were poor.

Torres was amazing for Liverpool, but his talent seems to have dried up since January 2011.

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Well what can we do? We played a whole half with ten men against 12. We totally deserved to win that game.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi919 View Post
    Well what can we do? We played a whole half with ten men against 12. We totally deserved to win that game.
    Yeah, there's no denying that. That was one of the most poorly officiated EPL matches I've ever seen. Liverpool was by far the better team and in a 50-50 challenge, that questionable ref sent off Shelvey. I couldn't believe he didn't even card Evra for that terrible two footed tackle earlier in the match. How that wasn't a penalty when Gerrard swung in a cross and the Liverpool player was thrown down by the neck/shoulders, I'll never know. For the penalty won by United, that was a complete dive. The replay shows that he was already starting to go to ground when he was touched.

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

In what I would guess is the news of the day, considering that Terry probably wouldn't be playing in Rio anyway, he packs in it for English international duty.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19695430

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

My week is ruined. The most disappointing thing has to be we can no longer call him England's Brave John Terry.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Imp, I've always thought people need to get over the baggage that comes with Terry. So what if he's done some things off the field? Like no one else has? I still think racially aggravated public order offenses are the strangest thing I've ever heard of. I don't really see why the FA wants to give him the eight games, which it seems he might be getting. It's freaking trash talk, and since when was trash talk not allowed? I'm completely against racism, but it's clear considering that Ashley Cole is basically his best friend that Terry's not a racist or anything.

I've noticed that La Liga didn't do anything concerning that player who charged Messi with the same stuff Luis Suarez did. I think the FA just needs to stop all of this. Of course it's wrong to bring race into things, but people will trash talk. If it gets into your head, well...

Zidane's my favorite player in history, but the two moments in the '98 and '06 WCs where he lost his head with the stomp and the head butt, respectively, are big reminders that he let the trash talk get to him.

Maybe it's because I'm a Chelsea fan, but I've never had a problem with Terry's actions. When he's on the field, he's played hard for us and that's what counts.

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I have to agree. Football is football, it's a contact sport and you should expect trash talk. I honestly didn't give a shit what some players said to me when I was playing, because I expected it and was prepared for it. Imo, the banning of players because of a little trash talk makes no sense, if anyone is to be banned for a few games, it should be divers including the likes of Suarez. Even some referees deserve to be fined/suspended for their horrible performances at times.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

They'll probably give him the eight games because they gave Suarez eight games on even less evidence. In any case I have zero sympathy for the man. He has a really long list of fuckups starting from when he drunkenly harassed Americans who were watching news about 9/11 early in his career to this latest controversy. He is either a simpleton or extremely arrogant if he thought he could get away with half the things he did (and I don't think its the first). Everyone has controversies but most players (and all current England players) list pales in comparison to his.

Saying something racist does not mean you are actually racist, the same way saying something homophobic does not actually mean you are homophobic. To say it in anger and to believe it are two different things. I don't think anyone believes Terry is racist, he has played and got along well with people from a variety of backgrounds, but what he said was racist (and like the judge I really don't believe his defence) and it just so happened he did it in front of the world watching and it also happens to be a crime in England (whether it deserves to be or not is beyond my paygrade). There are consequences for your actions especially when you are the captain of your country and a certain standard of behaviour is required of you. He failed to meet those standards (its not really that fucking hard to avoid controversy as well, the dolt) and gave the FA little choice. The FA would have hushed this whole thing up if they could, but they cant so they have to act. In any case its good he is quitting now, it will give more time for his replacement to slot in.

Edit: Looking at the la liga for progressiveness is wrong. They still have fans constantly shouting monkey chants for god sakes (going unpunished in most cases as well). It was only what...6 years ago that Aragones/Henry incident happened? Spain and Italy in these cases are backwaters.
    Last edited by Imperium; September 24, 2012 at 10:35 AM.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Bundesliga, champion will be Bayern Munich if they play like last week all the season. Dortmund and Shalke 04 can pretend title also.
    Serie A, Juventus seems be constant even playing Champions League. Inter, Milan AC are out this season, Naples and Lazio are able to pretend title.
    Liga, Barça or Real although they are in difficult for the moment. Athletico Madrid are interesting.
    Ligue 1, Marseille started very well but theirs adrenaline will not last long, Paris or Lyon are the mains favorites for me. Maybe Lille or Bordeaux in outsiders!
    Premiere League, Liverpool is dead for me, 7-8th will be good for him. Chelsea, Man City and United and Arsenal will compete for the title all season.

Sorry to change subject, I don't undersand your discussion.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Continuing with the Terry issue, the FA hands Terry a four match ban and a hefty fine. It could impact this weekend's match against Arsenal, but we'll see. In fact, Chelsea produced some amazing football, regardless of the aesthetic quality of it, against Barca after Terry was sent off. However, in general, when Terry's not been on the pitch, Chelsea's been a bit questionable in the CB pairing.

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Actually, according to the article (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19723020), the ban and fine don't come into effect until after the 14 day period that's allowed for deciding about whether Terry wants to pursue an appeal or not.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Terry had a horrid time in the fixture at Stamford bridge last year. Maybe a similar one with more media pressure would affect him, having said that though he does have an amazing amount of mental resilience and it could just spur him on to play some great football. I am naturally wishing him to fall flat on his face. My prediction is 2-1 to Arsenal.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 70 of 134 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 ... LastLast