Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 78 of 134 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2003

Thread: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

Well, that Liverpool was damn impressive, cause to have such a comeback against that Milan is really a very impressive fit.) I remember that, because I finished school on that day and half of my city lost electricity, so I went to a street party and then my family who was living in another part of the city that still had electricity in tact was always on phone with me, telling me all the news about the match even though I was already drunk.)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's face it, Reading isn't that good of a team. That Milan team was amazing, but they came up against the magic of Liverpool, who had looked well and truly beat up until that point.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Indeed, Jorge. With all of Arsenal's poor performances this year, when they were down 4-0, I was laughing. It has to be the greatest comeback in football history (at least score-wise), although Arsenal does have a much better side than Reading, it has to be said. I think Liverpool's comeback against Milan in the CL Final in Istanbul was the greatest comeback in football history, however.
    Well, that match change the way I look football. If a team that is getting it's ass kicked is able to make a 3-0 comeback in 6 minutes, then anything is possible.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, of course Reading is weak. Still, to manage to make 5-7 out of 4-0 was really funny. Especially, when they scored one of the goals as an own goal. I was really laughing at Koshielni as it wasn't the first one he scored like this in the current season, not even talking about his entire career in Arsenal.

Well, Liverpool did one of the best performancer in football history in the Champions Final. I can't forget it even now. I watched it several times since then and I'm never board of it. Though that Liverpool was really impressive, not as current and that's a great pity.((

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Well, of course Reading is weak. Still, to manage to make 5-7 out of 4-0 was really funny. Especially, when they scored one of the goals as an own goal. I was really laughing at Koshielni as it wasn't the first one he scored like this in the current season, not even talking about his entire career in Arsenal.

Well, Liverpool did one of the best performancer in football history in the Champions Final. I can't forget it even now. I watched it several times since then and I'm never board of it. Though that Liverpool was really impressive, not as current and that's a great pity.((
    Koshielni just might become one of Arsenal's greats. Look at how many own goals Carrigher has for Liverpool, in fact he has the record for most goals against Liverpool by a single player... 7 or 8 lol. He is still considered one of their best defenders ever.

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

So many injured's player at FC Porto vs Maritmo, that we ended winning by 5-0.
    Not good cuz of the players injured on that game, 2 of them are not going to play. Maicon and Fernando.
    At least we will have Helton and Lucho ... but still, this will make our task harder in Kiev. A victory there will seal our place in the the 1/8th finals

I have been saying this in the win thread specially, but Jackson Martinez is surprising me on a really good way. I think he has a stronger beginning than Falcão did ... if i am not wrong Jakcson has 11 goals in 12 games which is really, but really good!
    And 2 of those goals are just .... pure class !

This one:
    Spoiler show

And this one:
    Spoiler show

If he keeps like this, Porto might still be able to sell him for a good amount. I had my doubts when we hired him, specially because he is already 26 and we normally hire younger players, but this guy is making once again me feeling "confident" on that position, something i hadn't been feeling since Falcão left which was more than 1 year ago, we had been quite struggling and we were quite dependent on what Hulk or James could do alone, since players like Kléber and Janko were really limited, specially Kléber

Porto has been able to find and develop amazing 9 over the years ... i had the pleasure of seeing players like Jardel, Lisandro, Falcão and now Jackson
    Last edited by jorped; November 04, 2012 at 11:48 AM.

Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

No mention of this weekend's Premier League results and Juventus' unbeaten run ending at the hands of Inter?

Disappointed with Arsenal's loss with Man Utd, someone please tell me otherwise but from the little I had seen of the game it seemed Arsenal had a lot of the ball but weren't really doing much with it and Man Utd weren't clinical at all, remarked by both managers not being impressed with their team's performances. The scoreline didn't seem to reflect the actual run of the game either.

In other news, seems Pep Guardiola is ready to come back into management and wants to take over at Chelsea rumour has it....

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    No mention of this weekend's Premier League results and Juventus' unbeaten run ending at the hands of Inter?

Disappointed with Arsenal's loss with Man Utd, someone please tell me otherwise but from the little I had seen of the game it seemed Arsenal had a lot of the ball but weren't really doing much with it and Man Utd weren't clinical at all, remarked by both managers not being impressed with their team's performances. The scoreline didn't seem to reflect the actual run of the game either.

In other news, seems Pep Guardiola is ready to come back into management and wants to take over at Chelsea rumour has it....
    Arsenal were horrible.... free points for Man Utd if you ask me. As for Man Utd's performance, it wasn't great, but when do they ever perform great in modern day football?
    Liverpool vs Newcastle game was an exciting one, Suarez' goal was world class. Can hate on the guy as much as they want, but he's a world class striker. Only problem is, Liverpool should have won that game and it's becoming a routine to dominate first half but letting the other team score only to fight back for 1 point. They really need another striker to help Suarez and the midfielders need to get into the box more often.

As for Juventus' streak coming to an end, nothing lasts forever. I'm glad it was to a team that has been on a streak of their own, 7 game winning streak. Juve has the same problem as Liverpool, no clinical strikers. Hopefully they can win in UCL and come out of the group stages.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually I heard before this news came up, Pep is being considered as Mancini's successor if he fails to win any trophy during this season. You know that two men who brought Pep as Barca's coach were recruited as City's staff recently, don't you? It would be more reasonable if Pep moves closer to City rather than Chelsea.

Arsenal's defenders are very horrible, especially Santos. I think that sums up my opinion on EPL this week.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

That's their playstyle in the last years. Arsenal tries to be a Barcelona with their ball possesion, but they forget to actually attack.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

While Roman wants Chelsea to become the new Barca, it's not a realistic goal. Even if we get Falcao, he's not Messi, plus it's really hard to replicate Barca's midfield formation and chemistry.

I don't honestly think that Pep's proven anything. He's a good manager, no doubt, but let's not forget that he was working with the most talented team in the world. I'd like to see what Pep can do with less. Messi's bailed Barca out quite a few times when Barca's played poorly and the accolades go to Pep, but without Messi, Pep wouldn't have anything. Let's say that Chelsea wins that CL SF against Barca as we should've, but that ref cheated us, that's a CL title you take away from Pep and that's less he has on his resume. Let's take a look at how Pep's career as the Barca manager ended. He lost La Liga to Madrid and he couldn't break down Chelsea's defense, ultimately suffering a loss and a draw in that tie against probably the worst Chelsea side since Roman acquired us.

I don't want Pep as our manager. I quite like RDM, and in fact, I really liked Ancelotti. I worry that if you put Pep as the manager of a team where he doesn't have a striker who can magically win points for you on his own, it's not going to work for him. Pep would probably only come to Chelsea anyway if Roman gave him full access to the purse strings, something we know will not.

I would like to see Pep as City's manager, somewhere I think that he could do well because they have Aguero, someone who could potentially end up being as good as Messi.

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    While Roman wants Chelsea to become the new Barca, it's not a realistic goal. Even if we get Falcao, he's not Messi, plus it's really hard to replicate Barca's midfield formation and chemistry.

I don't honestly think that Pep's proven anything. He's a good manager, no doubt, but let's not forget that he was working with the most talented team in the world. I'd like to see what Pep can do with less. Messi's bailed Barca out quite a few times when Barca's played poorly and the accolades go to Pep, but without Messi, Pep wouldn't have anything. Let's say that Chelsea wins that CL SF against Barca as we should've, but that ref cheated us, that's a CL title you take away from Pep and that's less he has on his resume. Let's take a look at how Pep's career as the Barca manager ended. He lost La Liga to Madrid and he couldn't break down Chelsea's defense, ultimately suffering a loss and a draw in that tie against probably the worst Chelsea side since Roman acquired us.

I don't want Pep as our manager. I quite like RDM, and in fact, I really liked Ancelotti. I worry that if you put Pep as the manager of a team where he doesn't have a striker who can magically win points for you on his own, it's not going to work for him. Pep would probably only come to Chelsea anyway if Roman gave him full access to the purse strings, something we know will not.

I would like to see Pep as City's manager, somewhere I think that he could do well because they have Aguero, someone who could potentially end up being as good as Messi.
    I sort of disagree. Gotta give the man credit for the players he brought in and promoted from the B side, and those players are a huge part the team. Pedro, Busquets,Alves and Keita were huge additions to the team. Working with the most talented team in the world? Not at the time he took over really... they didn't win anything the season before he took over. You gotta admit, he made Barcelona's style even more fluid and dangerous since he took over. He has a very good tactical mindset on the game and a lot of times his choices lead to wins for them. He won every trophy he competed for in 09. But I do agree a little that what he was given to work with, almost any coach can pull of something similar. Only way to tell if he can really transform a team is if he gets a team like Everton, no money, few quality players. Going to Man City will not help him change what you said imo.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi919 View Post
    I sort of disagree. Gotta give the man credit for the players he brought in and promoted from the B side, and those players are a huge part the team. Pedro, Busquets,Alves and Keita were huge additions to the team. Working with the most talented team in the world? Not at the time he took over really... they didn't win anything the season before he took over. You gotta admit, he made Barcelona's style even more fluid and dangerous since he took over. He has a very good tactical mindset on the game and a lot of times his choices lead to wins for them. He won every trophy he competed for in 09. But I do agree a little that what he was given to work with, almost any coach can pull of something similar. Only way to tell if he can really transform a team is if he gets a team like Everton, no money, few quality players. Going to Man City will not help him change what you said imo.
    They all had talent though and even though he promoted them from the B side, he had a built in selection of talent to add to his already talented side. La Masia had done a great job finding and readying young talent, but when you have as much as Pep was given, we haven't seen the extent of his managerial talent. I do think that he's a capable manager, but I don't know if he's better than someone like Ancelotti or Guus Hiddink, for example.

Well, if Pep went to City, we could see if he was better than Mancini fairly quickly, although I don't think much of Mancini as a manager. In fact, we already know that Pep's a better mananger than Mancini. I can see your point, and I agree, that going to a team like Everton would be the true test of Pep's abilities.

The fact is that Messi has won him so many points when Barca's played poorly. That, plus questionable reffing in Europe, helped Pep win a bunch more trophies than he probably deserved. The most hardcore Barca fan will claim that the CL trophies that Pep won were all fair, but virtually everyone else will admit that they were a bit questionable. In the two CL Finals against United, Barca just outplayed them, but it was the route they took to the Final that was the problem.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys ready for the glorious Italy vs France? I'm afraid France might man up from their "small son" status as they did against Spain and draw
    Last edited by ibra87; November 14, 2012 at 02:17 PM.
    Tiger, Tiger.

Let it be known far and wide
    I cheer for Saint-Etienne from the bottom of my heart

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

It's so beautiful. Can we please commence the Ibra-circlejerk?

Thread Closed
Page 78 of 134 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 ... LastLast