Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 90 of 134 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2003

Thread: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

  1. #1336
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

    Quote Originally Posted by kakashi919 View Post
    Don't worry Frost...Falcao or Suarez will win it next time
    I loled when you said Suarez.

    Realistically, I don't want either Messi or Ronaldo to win it next season. I'd like it if Falcao, RVP, or Zlatan won next season.

    ---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    This. Madrid has won the La liga 30+ times, it would have taken more for Ronaldo to compete with the legacy that Messi has left this season. What Messi did was break a record that no one thought could be broken again, a record that stood for decades. Pele to Puskas, from Muller to Maradona, Messi has left a legacy this season that is similar and he will leave this game more deified than ever before. 40 goals was considered ballon d'or winner worthy just half a decade ago. Ronaldo would have either had to get really close to his tally or win the Euros as well. Messi deserved it. To be honest the only people who are complaining are Portugal and certain parts of the Spanish capital and there arguments dont stack up when someone just went and scored 91 goals at the top of the game.
    Honestly, I don't think that even winning the Euros would've been enough in the minds of most of the voters for Ronaldo to top Messi. If Ronaldo won the Euros and got like 80 goals, that would be probably be enough, but that's a lot to get.

  2. #1337
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    46,792
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

    Quote Originally Posted by kakashi919 View Post
    Don't worry Frost...Falcao or Suarez will win it next time
    He's not even the top forward in his league...oh, you were trolling...lolz

    ---------- Post added January 12, 2013 at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was January 11, 2013 at 11:06 PM ----------

    Lampard and Cole to Manchester United?

    Modric to Chelsea?




    And of course Bale is headed everywhere...

    ---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 AM ----------

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...lers-right-now

    Thoughts?

  3. #1338
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

    I didn't even watch the video, but I would say that Iker Casillas and Neymar are far and away the most overrated players in the world. People act like Casillas is far and away the best keeper in the world, but the truth is that people only think that he's amazing because he plays for Madrid and Spain. He's a top five or ten keeper, don't get me wrong, but he's not No. 1. I think Cech deserved the spot in the World XI, but Neuer's younger and probably has more upside, so Neuer's probably No. 1.

    People like Victor Valdes and Torres are expected to be poor, so they're not even overrated at this point.

    Modric is so overrated.

    Reus is, even with all of his performances, probably a spec underrated.

    Balotelli's just an enigma.

    Ibrahimovic is finally getting the credit he's due, so he's good on that front.

    I think that Mata's actually a spec underrated. Even with his performances this season, a lot of people don't always give him the credit that he's due. He lacks the supreme pace and goalscoring ability of someone like Reus, which is a problem at times.

  4. #1339
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    46,792
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

    It's not a long video. Balotelli, Pique, Scott Parker, and Neymar are the ones mentioned.

    It's kind of a stupid list in my opinion, thinking about it. Balotelli gets a lot of pub for being a nutcase, but I think the only reason he was mentioned is because some moron gave him a vote in the Ballon d'Or. Is Scott Parker talked about enough to be overrated? Neymar isn't even in a top league, so all the hype he may get doesn't really matter at all.

    Pique is a fair name to talk about, but I think the theory of defenders/keepers getting pulled up by their team shouldn't apply to field players.

  5. #1340
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    It's not a long video. Balotelli, Pique, Scott Parker, and Neymar are the ones mentioned.

    It's kind of a stupid list in my opinion, thinking about it. Balotelli gets a lot of pub for being a nutcase, but I think the only reason he was mentioned is because some moron gave him a vote in the Ballon d'Or. Is Scott Parker talked about enough to be overrated? Neymar isn't even in a top league, so all the hype he may get doesn't really matter at all.

    Pique is a fair name to talk about, but I think the theory of defenders/keepers getting pulled up by their team shouldn't apply to field players.
    Balotelli's not even overrated, he's just crazy.

    Scott Parker, as you said, never gets talked about, so that's a bad list.

    Pique hasn't been terrible, but he hasn't been that good the last 12-18 months, and if some idiots hadn't put him on the World XI, no one would be talking about him.

    Yeah, but have you heard the level of hype that Neymar's gotten? Some people act as if he's already the next Messi. So many people magically believe that he'll be in the top three players in the world, but the problem is that staying in Brazil has stunted his growth. We saw in the Olympics that because Neymar doesn't have any experience against good defenders, he looked totally lost when he played against some in the Olympics.

  6. #1341
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    46,792
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Balotelli's not even overrated, he's just crazy.

    Scott Parker, as you said, never gets talked about, so that's a bad list.

    Pique hasn't been terrible, but he hasn't been that good the last 12-18 months, and if some idiots hadn't put him on the World XI, no one would be talking about him.

    Yeah, but have you heard the level of hype that Neymar's gotten? Some people act as if he's already the next Messi. So many people magically believe that he'll be in the top three players in the world, but the problem is that staying in Brazil has stunted his growth. We saw in the Olympics that because Neymar doesn't have any experience against good defenders, he looked totally lost when he played against some in the Olympics.
    I think the Parker thing is probably a result of "people in the know" saying he's underrated. The dude must have had enough of hearing about him

    The guy in the video said Hummels or Kompany was more deserving of being in the World XI. But considering the list was entirely Barca or RM, save for Falcao, it's obviously slanted.

    Wasn't the next Messi supposed to be Hazard? Yeah, but hype isn't the same as performance. And you can't really overrate or underrate natural ability, it's what you do with it that makes you overrated or underrated. He's certainly OVERHYPED though, but that's his fault for staying in Brazil until after the WC or whatever.

  7. #1342
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I think the Parker thing is probably a result of "people in the know" saying he's underrated. The dude must have had enough of hearing about him
    There's no denying that Parker's made some questionable plays at times, but he's not the worst player on Spurs.

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    The guy in the video said Hummels or Kompany was more deserving of being in the World XI. But considering the list was entirely Barca or RM, save for Falcao, it's obviously slanted.
    Yeah, Kompany and Hummels are more or less considered to be the best two CBs in the world. Some people like Thiago Silva, but we haven't seen enough of him (even though he's played for a long time) to really be sure. He's inconsistent and he now plays against poor competition in France.

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Wasn't the next Messi supposed to be Hazard? Yeah, but hype isn't the same as performance. And you can't really overrate or underrate natural ability, it's what you do with it that makes you overrated or underrated. He's certainly OVERHYPED though, but that's his fault for staying in Brazil until after the WC or whatever.
    No. Hazard is a great talent, but no one ever believed he'd be the next Messi. I figured that he might be like two thirds of Lampard or maybe half of Ronaldo. Hazard isn't a true goalscorer, even though he scored a lot for Lille. He did score a great 30 yard curler today against Stoke.

    Reus could be the next Messi, however. :P Well, no one's ever going to score on the level of Messi again, but that's not the point.

    Neymar has underperformed against good defenders though, so he's both overrated and overhyped.

  8. #1343
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    46,792
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

    [QUOTE=FrostyMouse;3246278]There's no denying that Parker's made some questionable plays at times, but he's not the worst player on Spurs. [/QUPTE]

    Bale? He gets a lot of hype, but I don't think he's overrated.

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    No. Hazard is a great talent, but no one ever believed he'd be the next Messi. I figured that he might be like two thirds of Lampard or maybe half of Ronaldo. Hazard isn't a true goalscorer, even though he scored a lot for Lille. He did score a great 30 yard curler today against Stoke.
    No, I believe Zidane said something comparing him to Messi some time ago.

  9. #1344
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

    Long time since I last posted here...

    Messi won, no surprises, bye.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap


  10. #1345
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Bale? He gets a lot of hype, but I don't think he's overrated.
    I was referring to Kyle Walker, who got utterly schooled by Mata at the beginning of the season.

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    No, I believe Zidane said something comparing him to Messi some time ago.
    While Zidane is my favorite player in history, with all due respect to him, I can't see why he would say that.

  11. #1346
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    46,792
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

    Don't take that as gospel, but Koen was really championing the guy for a couples years when he was at Lille and then there was someone who said this. I believe it was Zidane, but who knows.

  12. #1347
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Singapore
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    5,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

    He did, I remember it as well. He still talks him up constantly. He probably wants him to move to Madrid soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

  13. #1348
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    46,792
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    He did, I remember it as well. He still talks him up constantly. He probably wants him to move to Madrid soon.
    I guess it helps he seems to be able to play on both sides. I might be wrong there. They don't really need help on the Left side at all, which makes me think that a player like Bale is better off at Barcelona when all those rumors come up every month.

  14. #1349
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Don't take that as gospel, but Koen was really championing the guy for a couples years when he was at Lille and then there was someone who said this. I believe it was Zidane, but who knows.
    Hazard scored a lot at Lille, but the defending in France isn't that great. He singlehandedly took them to a CL spot, although that probably says more about the state of Ligue 1 than about Hazard. :P

    I never thought that much of Hazard, although I was happy that we got him instead of United or City. Plus, Hazard's only in his first season in England and he only just turned 22 on the 7th of January, so he has time to grow. He'll never be a goalscoring machine, but once he adjusts more to the more physical play of the Premier League, I think that things will work out better for him. He's actually been a lot better recently and he scored a lovely curling effort from 30 yards today. Realistically, Hazard will probably never become a superstar, but superstars are primarily strikers and not CAMs; the only CAM to really be a superstar in the last decade was Lampard, and it's doubtful that Hazard will ever be as good as Lampard was at his peak. Hazard is not a winger, regardless of whether someone tells you that he is.

    Now, I really wanted us to try to make a move for Reus last season, but that didn't happen and now if we were to try to buy him off Dortmund, he's at least 40m+.

    ---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    He did, I remember it as well. He still talks him up constantly. He probably wants him to move to Madrid soon.
    Well, considering that Hazard wanted to go play in England, not Spain, it probably implies that he's happy at Chelsea. Zidane probably wants him to move to Madrid because Madrid sort of lack an effective scorer or playmaker in the final third other than Ronaldo and Ozil. Modric has failed at Madrid, that's for sure. Benzema and Higuain have dried up in terms of production, Di Maria isn't getting it done and is on the bench, I don't know what Jose sees in Callejon, and can you name me anyone else?

  15. #1350
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Singapore
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    5,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    H Realistically, Hazard will probably never become a superstar, but superstars are primarily strikers and not CAMs; the only CAM to really be a superstar in the last decade was Lampard, and it's doubtful that Hazard will ever be as good as Lampard was at his peak. Hazard is not a winger, regardless of whether someone tells you that he is.
    How Kaka is so quickly forgotten. :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 90 of 134 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts