Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 93 of 134 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2003

Thread: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

Arsenal have sent an official letter, signed by Tottenham, Liverpool and United officials, to the Chief Executive Officer of the Premier League. The letter was circulated at a meeting before Christmas and calls for restrictions the spending power of clubs like City and Chelsea.

Spoiler show

It's kinda funny that we do that after losing to them... but I agree with the letter.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    It's kinda funny that we do that after losing to them... but I agree with the letter.
    ...Did you check the date? Wait...yes you did, because you mentioned it. We didnt do anything like that.

It was leaked by the Daily Mail who probably had it for a while and just waited for the most opportune time (i.e. teams losing).

The clubs want the full FFP to come into force in the premier league as well it seems. FFP is already in force in the football league and for the clubs going into Europe but not for the ones in between (your Fulhams and wigans). But its not really an attack on City or Chelsea since they already are under Uefa's FFP regulations. What they actually want is that a smaller club cant get a sugar daddy and become the new City (i.e. keep the status quo). It's a non-story to be honest as this was already known.
    Certified Mafia Game Shit Talker

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I just saw it in ¨last Arsenal news¨, but it's ok I guess.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

The Mail is pushing it quite hard, I havent seen the paper today but it's probably splashed across the backpages. They even brought Martin Samuel out in full force. To think, I use to like his writing, it seems the Daily Mail xenophobia and little englander mentality is rubbing off. Anyway, its interesting enough read to see the arguments against the letter.
    Certified Mafia Game Shit Talker

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

So I'm not sure if its true, but soccernet claims that Pep has decided to go to Bayern Munich... I'm saying its not true, because the page with the story isn't loading so. However if it is true, what are your thoughts?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...munich?cc=3888
    Last edited by kakashi919; January 16, 2013 at 11:09 AM.

Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

It's official, he will take over Bayern in the summer.

MH's Best Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Prince's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

My reaction to the news:

I was just sooo damn hyper all day long...

Back in late May when the first rumors popped up that linked us to Guardiola, Pep was more of a dream, an unachievable goal if you want. Kind of like a stunningly beautiful girl who's a class above you... it's okay to dream but don't get your hopes up too high. (Plus, it was kinda soothing to escape into dreams when the wounds from UCL's final were still fresh and wide open...)

But then these past few weeks the tides slowly but surely changed in our favor and I (and many other Munich supporters) grew more and more confident that we might in fact pull this huge coup! - There were too many little facts and details that just added up. One aspect that got me especially psyched in this context were the betting odds from the bookies! Virtually every other place saw us clearly in the lead. (The Guardian covered that a little over a week ago or so.)
    Now when Sky Italia and CNN's Gianluca Di Marzio poked their noses into this, shit eventually hit the fan and everything went just so fast... this weekend I was ~70% sure Guardiola would end up here, yesterday and the day before it shifted towards 99%. (Karl-Heinz Rummenigge gave one of his infamous interviews where he did not explicitly confirm the rumors but every Bayern fan knew exactly what was going on. Gosh, I love Kalle's rhetorical "clumsiness"... )

And today we finally have the confirmation.

A great day for the club. In fact, a great day for German football! The sheer idea that a Bundesliga club could manage to attract someone like Guardiola - especially with the notable, illustrate and financially-potent competition around - was unthinkable a few years back... but we did it. God, I'm happy.

It seems, there still are things that value more than 22 millions a year...

--

Some additional info on Pep's situation here:
    * He signed a contract for three years and will start in July 2013!

* While Heynckes' contract expires this year it appears he will stay at the club, acting in some sort of advisory/consultatory function. (Maybe in order to help Pep in the beginning. After all, Don Jupp knows the club and should be able to communicate any important details in Spanish due to his longterm residence and work history there.)

* The contract had in fact already been signed before Christmas! It way publicly confirmed now in order to put an end to all the fuss. (Confirmed by Orobitg, Guardiola's agent, on Twitter)

* Of course, Bayern could not make the best offer financially. Pep eventually chose them due to the club's structure and the player material at hand. (Also according to Orobitg)
    Last edited by Mr. Prince; January 16, 2013 at 05:21 PM. Reason: image link fix'd

TL: Oumagadoki Doubutsuen (29/37) || *NEW* HUNGRY JOKER (latest update: case.12+13) • Meet the Man: Sterling Cooper Ad Agency

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It's better overall that Pep went to Bayern than City. You have to ask what defines success. Is merely winning the league several times enough or does he need to bring home at least one CL title in order for his managerial time at Bayern to be considered a success? Bayern's been on the cusp of that CL title lately, losing two Finals in three years.

Spoiler show

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    You know who finally ended Barcelona's streak? Real Sociedad! Where's it from? San Sebastián! Where's that? IN EUSKADI

AUPA ERREALA!!!
    This.

MH's Most Passionate Member 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! scav's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Real Sociedad? whats that? food ?
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_54.gif

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    Real Sociedad? whats that? food ?
    One of the best teams in Spain, from San Sebastián. It's one of the 9 teams in Spain that never played in 3rd Division and the team with the biggest unbeaten streak in Spain (38 matches, 32 in a single Season, record too).

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The surprising thing about the match wasn't that Barca conceded, because they've shipped goals a fair amount this season, but that Messi and Pedro gave them a 2-0 lead, only for them to surrender it. It didn't help matters that Pique picked up a second yellow when it was 2-1.

Spoiler show

Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

A quick reminder that the African Cup of Nations is on. Here's a definite guide to the tournament.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2-

Well, in other news, Bob, Chelsea hang on at the Bridge to do the double over Arsenal with a pair of 2-1 wins.

Spoiler show

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2-

That PK call was utter nonsense

Thread Closed
Page 93 of 134 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 ... LastLast