Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
Thread Closed
Page 47 of 134 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

Mangahelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

Milan screwed up and Juve won. Let's see if Juve can keep this up, it'll be soo good. Didn't see Estigarribia at all though.
    Tiger, Tiger.

Let it be known far and wide
    I cheer for Saint-Etienne from the bottom of my heart

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Hell yeah!!! Juve gonna win two trophies and end this season unbeaten

Can't say the same for Liverpool though
    They disappoint me so much I feel to cry

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone see City v. Arsenal match? thrilling match, Arsenal got the upper hand because they played in their home ground (which give some kind of curse to City players). Arteta's goal also very amazing. City deserved to be beaten. Mancini's fate to be sacked is almost certain now.
    and I have no comment for Balotelli. He makes me speechless.
    Last edited by Doraku; April 08, 2012 at 12:40 PM.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

I just saw the score, completely forgot about that match!

Good going Arsenal, back to third place! City had bad form going into that match so it wasn't really a surprise for us to win, and I don't necessarily think playing at home was at our advantage. Mancini will most likely be sacked as you said, but I hope not; since it's just more work for the team to get used to another system, it slows down the team's progress.

Since the match has been over, this poster has been floating around a few sites:

Spoiler show

Balotelli is so dumb sometimes, you can't help but laugh lol

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

This.

Spoiler show

That is it.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Tragic news from Italian football. Piermario Morosini has died. Cardiac arrest is the most dangerous enemy for football players (Muamba experienced same sickness a month ago). Maybe FIFA should regulates that every football stadium should have at least 1 ambulance, just in case if something bad happened to the players.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not that easy. There are too many variables for them to consider, especially when it comes to poorer nations. Uefa on the other hand, may have the authority to do it. However most clubs and cities for that matter cannot afford to have a permanent ambulance service waiting at every football match in the country. The premier league in England and the lower leagues do have an ambulance service, but this is only a recent development and even then it is the St Johns Ambulance service that provides the care (an amazing volunteer ambulance service). If a similar volunteer organisation exists that is as large as St John in Italy, I am sure they will be looking into it. But otherwise the local hospitals are impeded from helping other members of the public. Football players are also members of the public and deserve the same level of treatment from public services that other members of the public get. There shouldnt be a special dispensation for players, and sending an ambulance to every match in the country every weekend uses up a valuable ambulance in the likelihood someone gets hurt. It Is impeding them from helping others.

---------- Post added April 17, 2012 at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous post was April 16, 2012 at 05:33 PM ----------

Oh and this is required viewing

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    It's not that easy. There are too many variables for them to consider, especially when it comes to poorer nations. Uefa on the other hand, may have the authority to do it. However most clubs and cities for that matter cannot afford to have a permanent ambulance service waiting at every football match in the country. The premier league in England and the lower leagues do have an ambulance service, but this is only a recent development and even then it is the St Johns Ambulance service that provides the care (an amazing volunteer ambulance service). If a similar volunteer organisation exists that is as large as St John in Italy, I am sure they will be looking into it. But otherwise the local hospitals are impeded from helping other members of the public. Football players are also members of the public and deserve the same level of treatment from public services that other members of the public get. There shouldnt be a special dispensation for players, and sending an ambulance to every match in the country every weekend uses up a valuable ambulance in the likelihood someone gets hurt. It Is impeding them from helping others.

---------- Post added April 17, 2012 at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous post was April 16, 2012 at 05:33 PM ----------

Oh and this is required viewing
    Yes, I agree with you it is not that easy to implement precautionary healthcare rules if such rules exist. I'm proposing that maybe big clubs (at least in Europe) should provide their own ambulance, or if they are not financially strong enough, at least they have their own equipments that is needed in emergency situation like that (for example defibrillators). So they don't have to use public property such as ambulance in case something bad happen.

-----------------------------------
    Anyone looking forward to UEFA Champs League semis? I hope Chelsea and Madrid would win tonight and go to Final. Fat chance for Chelsea, tho.
    Last edited by Doraku; April 17, 2012 at 04:21 AM.

Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm very much looking forward to the Semis, we've got a solid line-up this year. I'm rooting for Barca but I don't think it'll be an easy job for them against Chelsea. I think Real have the easier tie in these semis against Bayern, though I hope they lose, but as a football fan it'd be a great spectacle for Madrid and Barca to meet in the finals.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the excessive yellow in this match to Real Madrid, even when red cards are supposed to be given (Marcelo!). Seems like they're making sure some of the key players don't get in the final... <.<
    Tiger, Tiger.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibra87 View Post
    I love the excessive yellow in this match to Real Madrid, even when red cards are supposed to be given (Marcelo!). Seems like they're making sure some of the key players don't get in the final... <.<
    Well, most of the time, I don't think Webb should too sensitive giving yellow cards to every Madrid players foul. Howard Webb referee-ing in international level is also as bad as his referee-ing capability in English League. Madrid defending is so awful today. If Coentrao,Arbeloa and Casillas could be more cautious, Munchen 2nd goal wouldn't happened.

Going to the final without having key players booked once again is just enough for Madrid. Now I don't think they could become the champs.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to about the match and didn't see it
    Wouldn't the yellow cards be nullified for the finals? Or is that just after the quarters? I can't really remember.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of the match was boring diving by Droga and Busquets, but some periods were AWESOME. Cech was shaaarp.

But really, what an unlucky day for Barca, so many close calls.

All in all, happy 1-0 for chelsea, fellow barca haters =D
    Tiger, Tiger.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't watch the game ... but even with this result, i don't believe that Chelsea's is going to make to the finals ... lets just pray that Chelsea's gets his revenge for what happened some years ago. But Barça is undoubtedly the best team in the world. But for now i am praying for Real Madrid ... if Mourinho manages to win Liga BBVA and Champions League ... he will have to be considered one of the best coaches ever.

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jorped View Post
    Didn't watch the game ... but even with this result, i don't believe that Chelsea's is going to make to the finals ... lets just pray that Chelsea's gets his revenge for what happened some years ago. But Barça is undoubtedly the best team in the world. But for now i am praying for Real Madrid ... if Mourinho manages to win Liga BBVA and Champions League ... he will have to be considered one of the best coaches ever.
    I think he's already considered one of the best ever. As difficult it may be for Bayern to go to Madrid and not concede any goals, I still hope they beat them again. I really want a Bayern vs Barca rematch

Thread Closed
Page 47 of 134 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 ... LastLast