Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 79 of 134 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 2003

Thread: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

Great....now his ego is gonna get a whole lot bigger, if that is even possible

Good goal though

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ibra was just legendary there. It was just unspeakably awesome.

Did any of you see that awful penalty by Neymar where he shanked it like 30 yards over the bar?

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibra87 View Post
    You guys ready for the glorious Italy vs France? I'm afraid France might man up from their "small son" status as they did against Spain and draw
    Didn't follow the match but France won 2-1 in the end.

I left the England match at 1-1 because.....well....England sucked, just no creativity going forward at all and Sweden always got them on the counter and at pace.

---------- Post added November 21, 2012 at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was November 15, 2012 at 08:12 AM ----------

Di Matteo has quit Chelsea.

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Didn't follow the match but France won 2-1 in the end.

I left the England match at 1-1 because.....well....England sucked, just no creativity going forward at all and Sweden always got them on the counter and at pace.

---------- Post added November 21, 2012 at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was November 15, 2012 at 08:12 AM ----------

Di Matteo has quit Chelsea.
    LOL! Sorry, but didn't he sign a 2 year contract at the start of the season?
    Did they really think they would beat the Old Lady in Italy? Right after their unbeaten run came to an end? Well, it is Chelsea we're talking about.... they can't keep a manager for more than a few months if things aren't going too well.

Forza Juventus~

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems Rafa Benitez and Pep Guardiola are leading the charge for succession but I hope for Guardiola's sake he doesnt take up the position; I worry he'd end up leaving after a year or so.

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Rafa will be the man to take charge. Well, they could do worst than Rafa

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi919 View Post
    Looks like Rafa will be the man to take charge. Well, they could do worst than Rafa
    Yes, he's been confirmed as interim manager until the end of the season; no pressure. Apparently Abramovich is still after Guardiola and ready to offer £15 million-a-year for him.

What will be interesting is how Torres fairs before Benitez; he was essentially worshipped by the manager at Liverpool, so it won't come as a surprise to see him get a good run of games.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been shaking my head in disgust and shame the last two days or so.

Roman needs to just have some sense smacked into him at this point. There's still his irrational belief in Torres and how acquiring a manager who is the enemy of the fanbase is a good idea is completely beyond me.

I want Jose back. Well, I'd like Carlo Ancelotti back as well, but...

---------- Post added November 24, 2012 at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was November 23, 2012 at 02:27 AM ----------

A lesson on how not to play the position of keeper brought to you by Ali Al Habsi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyVIT4C5s74

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

The most thankless job in every sport (I've lived that...)

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi919 View Post
    I won't be suprised if a shiz load of mediterranean players come in during the January transfer window.

I find it kinda strange to have Rafa as even a temp manager of Chelsea considering all the rivalry he had with them when Jose was around. Doesn't feel right tbh. Oh well. Like he said in the interview its rare to get a chance with such a club with massive resources/support and one that can challenge in more than one competition. Who knows...but I won't be suprised if he wins at least one trophy with them. I think he'll definitely make the team play better. If he gets Torres up and running consistently then they'll be a force to be reckoned with.

They really shouldn't of let Drogba go. <_<

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you guys read or follow the interview with Ferguson on Benitez's appointment? Even his compliments carry bits of insults.

What I'd mainly like to pick out from that article is this:

Quote Quote:
    Sir Alex Ferguson has labelled Rafael Benítez as "very lucky" for being given the chance to win his second Fifa World Club title on the back of another manager's achievement. Benítez, who took over at Stamford Bridge after Robert Di Matteo's sacking, will take Chelsea to Japan in mid-December for the tournament. Their participation is based on them winning the Champions League title last May, under Di Matteo, and provides Benítez with a sense of deja vu given he won the title with Internazionale in 2010 after they had won the Champions League under José Mourinho seven months previously.

Ferguson said of the Italian's removal: "You'd think they would give the guy the chance to win a world championship. Rafa Benítez is very lucky because on his CV in two weeks' time he could have two world championships to his name – and nothing to do with the teams.

"José Mourinho won the treble after going to [Inter] Milan. He [Benítez] took over and won a world championship without having to do anything. He had nothing to do with the construction of the teams and that's where I feel real disappointment for Roberto Di Matteo. He could really have on his CV an FA Cup, a Champions League and a World Club Championship."
    Arsenal never cease to frustrate me, this time I'm more annoyed because I was at Villa working yesterday and would've loved to rub our victory in the Villa customers faces . Horrible horrible weather though...
    Last edited by goldb; November 25, 2012 at 06:05 AM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Bob, I'd read it. I just shook my head and laughed. It really seemed like Fergie couldn't stand an "inferior" manager winning a trophy more times than he's won it, even if it's something uber-insignificant like the CWC.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I had forgotten that Fergie has also won the tournament only once and I think it irks him because of how hard he had to work to build the team to win his World club cup and Benitez simply got it through someone's else works....so it's more about the work then the number of trophies in my opinion, either way he is right about Benitez, in that he's been very fortunate.

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Benitez sucks.... I don't care if he won UCL with Liverpool, I never thought he was any good. Always rotating the team, not giving certain players the right amount of playing time. He's not a good manger and for once, I agree with Fergie. I wouldn't be too surprised if he is sacked next week when he loses

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Last news: suddenly, everyone hates Mourinho (except Rafa Nadal) and he'll be out of Madrid in June 2013.

Thread Closed
Page 79 of 134 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 ... LastLast