Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
Thread Closed
Page 80 of 134 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2003

Thread: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mazino's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Last news: suddenly, everyone hates Mourinho (except Rafa Nadal) and he'll be out of Madrid in June 2013.
    i like mou

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Rafa's been awful so far. I'd rather have Avram Grant, as he had least got the players to play.

I want Jose back.

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Never liked mou, but what can you expect from teams and owners who want instant success? Though Madrid is kind of an exception because they do have the players and history. Chelsea however....needs a lot of work.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if Roman let our managers buy players, we wouldn't be in the rut that we are. Torres would've been gone ages ago (in fact, he'd never have been bought in the first place), we wouldn't have bought Luiz, and we'd have gotten a good CDM.

Also, I think that we might've tried a little harder to buy Schurrle, and perhaps gone after Reus.

Spoiler show

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Well, if Roman let our managers buy players, we wouldn't be in the rut that we are. Torres would've been gone ages ago (in fact, he'd never have been bought in the first place), we wouldn't have bought Luiz, and we'd have gotten a good CDM.

Also, I think that we might've tried a little harder to buy Schurrle, and perhaps gone after Reus.
    If you mean he should let the managers decide on the players to buy then I agree. Look at how many players you bought.... Harzard brothers, Oscar,Marine,Azepeliqueta. He spent his money to play pretty football, what he didn't do however, was hire a proper manager to implement that style of play. Matteo is an old school italian defensive minded manager, even though that won them the UCL, it was not the style Roman wants. Torres was a waste of money yes lol. Luiz would however fit perfectly in the style of play Roman wants...get the full backs attacking and defending 100% of the game. Something like what Juventus and Liverpool full backs do. Its strange though....because Chelsea have the midfielders to flood the midfield and control it.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi919 View Post
    If you mean he should let the managers decide on the players to buy then I agree. Look at how many players you bought.... Harzard brothers, Oscar,Marine,Azepeliqueta. He spent his money to play pretty football, what he didn't do however, was hire a proper manager to implement that style of play. Matteo is an old school italian defensive minded manager, even though that won them the UCL, it was not the style Roman wants. Torres was a waste of money yes lol. Luiz would however fit perfectly in the style of play Roman wants...get the full backs attacking and defending 100% of the game. Something like what Juventus and Liverpool full backs do. Its strange though....because Chelsea have the midfielders to flood the midfield and control it.
    Yes, I mean if Roman let the managers decide on who to buy.

Yeah, not only did we not get the most effective players around, we didn't do what we needed. If we'd acquired strong, powerful players like we used to have, RDM would've been fine, but trying to make a counter attacking manager play offensive possession football is never really going to work.

A 3-5-2 or 3-6-1 would work fine with the players that we have, but a 4-2-3-1 isn't going to work with who we have.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

So, three penalties in a six minute span, of which the FCN player had his saved, Hazard had his saved, and then Luiz finished one. Right on the stroke of half time, Torres gets fed by Oscar, and requires two chances to put away the goal. He scored, but the old Fernando would've just scored with a one timer.

It's still 0-0 in Donetsk, so it looks as if we're probably going out.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Celtic through, but we're out. It's good for Celtic. In terms of us, we defended poorly at home, so it's understandable, and as we would eventually have faced better teams than Shakhtar (who managed to fail at home today) and Juve, we weren't going to go that far even if we had qualified.

Spoiler show

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

lol its funny that even if you guys scored 100 goals you would still go out

Juve topped the group, unbeaten in last 16 Europe games I hope we can go unbeaten for the rest of the UCL and actually win it. Want them to draw Madrid just to destroy them

Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

kakashi, I thought that you were a Liverpool supporter? Juve's not winning, so...

Bob, I can't see how that's a good idea, although I still don't see how increasing the number of teams in the Euros is a good idea either.

Spoiler show

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

kakashi, I thought that you were a Liverpool supporter? Juve's not winning, so...

Bob, I can't see how that's a good idea, although I still don't see how increasing the number of teams in the Euros is a good idea either.
    Juventus is the first team I ever supported and loved, Liverpool comes right after. If they every play each other again, I'll be supporting Juve. And yes, Juve will win it all!

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi919 View Post
    Juventus is the first team I ever supported and loved, Liverpool comes right after. If they every play each other again, I'll be supporting Juve. And yes, Juve will win it all!
    Ah, okay. In my opinion, you can only really support ONE club, although I can see how you could support clubs in different leagues.

Spoiler show

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, okay. In my opinion, you can only really support ONE club, although I can see how you could support clubs in different leagues.
    I only really support 2 clubs in 2 different continents, is that ok?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    I only really support 2 clubs in 2 different continents, is that ok?
    lol

I'm a lot more okay with that. You just can't support both Liverpool and Juventus. It would be like a person saying, "I support both Madrid and United."

Spoiler show

Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

The idea of hosting the matches in different cities I am in favour of, but adding the number of teams I am not really into. It'd give a lot of nations the chance to host the tournament in the own lands, an opportunity most may never have considering how much the bidding campaign and works cost. Many simply cannot afford it. Plus it's a very unique idea.

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

lol

I'm a lot more okay with that. You just can't support both Liverpool and Juventus. It would be like a person saying, "I support both Madrid and United."
    Well honestly, I only started supporting Juventus because of Del Piero and Liverpool because of Gerrard Though watching both teams for so long I'm a full supporter of both teams As a former footballer, I just love to see good football and would support any team that plays it... Swansea for example. Though I must say, I have a hatred for Manchester Utd.... because some of their fans are just annoying a ridiculous.

Thread Closed
Page 80 of 134 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 ... LastLast