Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
Thread Closed
Page 87 of 134 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2003

Thread: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

Quote Originally Posted by BBB Banana View Post
    I thought the mood between Ronaldo and Rooney was kinda bad specially after he left United. There was even a game between England and Portugal where they almost fought
    Perhaps, but that's because Ronaldo was always trying to steal the spotlight on the pitch, even though their partnership was great. I don't think that Rooney really liked all of Ronaldo's showboating. However, if it came to it, in the name of improving the team, I do think that Ronaldo and Rooney could work together again, as long as Ronaldo curbed the crap.

Spoiler show

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    The 2006 one? That is water under the bridge.
    I think it was after that I think it was shortly before Ronaldo left. Not sure anymore.

I wonder if they can work together again. The response to Ronaldo leaving United didn't seem much favorable to a return

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BBB Banana View Post
    I think it was after that I think it was shortly before Ronaldo left. Not sure anymore.

I wonder if they can work together again. The response to Ronaldo leaving United didn't seem much favorable to a return
    United's escaped in a lot of matches this season, but imagine if they had Ronaldo to work with. Goalscoring and everything becomes easier.

Here's an example about someone leaving and then possibly coming back. A lot of Chelsea fans were okay with being rid of Mourinho, but now, most of us (including myself) dearly want Jose back.

Spoiler show

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if this is only airing stateside?

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Daniel Sturridge signed for Liverpool.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, and Ba appears to be almost done with the Chelsea deal, as he's not going to be playing against Everton on Wednesday.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

This was far and away the worst that I've ever seen us play. This season, bottom side QPR has picked up 4 points against us and we have scored zero times against them. Over the last two seasons, we're 1-1-2 against QPR, although we've scored more goals than QPR. The loss at Loftus Road last season was because of some questionable red cards and the inability of the ball to cross the line. It was the same way today. Marin, Bertrand, Luiz, and Torres were awful.

Moses missed a toe poke and Lampard was debatably offside for his disallowed goal.

Even with players being rested, THERE IS NO FUCKING WAY THAT WE SHOULD EVER BE IN A MATCH AGAINST QPR!

Spoiler show

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol

Like I said Rafa is gonna kill you all with his bullshit rotation philosophy

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it definitely killed us today as we lacked pace in general and pace of play.

Spoiler show

Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Any thoughts on the incident regarding Mario Balotelli and Mancini in their training ground bust up? Also about the racial abuse AC Milan's players received during their friendly game?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, Bob, I had forgotten to discuss those things here.

Um, in terms of the bust up, Mancini appears to actually be the one who got in Balotelli's face after Balotelli was upset about a tackle from Scott Sinclair.

In terms of the abuse from the Italian fans in the AC Milan friendly, that was utterly despicable. Racism's never okay, but when it's a single player making a comment or a solitary fan making a gesture, you can work with those few individuals and deal with them, but when it's thousands of fans, not only is it even worse, but it makes the whole country look shameful.

Spoiler show

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Sorry, Bob, I had forgotten to discuss those things here.

Um, in terms of the bust up, Mancini appears to actually be the one who got in Balotelli's face after Balotelli was upset about a tackle from Scott Sinclair.

In terms of the abuse from the Italian fans in the AC Milan friendly, that was utterly despicable. Racism's never okay, but when it's a single player making a comment or a solitary fan making a gesture, you can work with those few individuals and deal with them, but when it's thousands of fans, not only is it even worse, but it makes the whole country look shameful.
    An update on that...turns out Balotelli won't be facing any disciplinary charges or suspension after the whole incident and Mancini has said that he will give the player "100 more chances" as it was just as spat and not a fight that occurred.
    My personal opinion is firstly no player is worth that much hassle and Mario seems to be making the headlines off the pitch and for the wrongs reasons, and even when its on the pitch....likelihood of it is that it'll be negative; you don't need that sorta atmosphere in the team where you don't know what your team mate will do in training or on the pitch.

As for the second incident, I totally respect Boateng for what he did and he's rightly said that he'd walk off the pitch if it happens again. It shouldn't come to that I believe, but until this is dealt with more severely, it is left up to the players on the field to take action to show that it shouldn't be condoned anywhere and for any race. It was good to see that the opposing team stood by Milan's side and also walked off. It's a real shame those fans have bought to both their team and their city.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm really not understanding why Mancini's willing to give Mario all of these chances. Yes, Mario has a lot of talent and Mancini worked with him for years in Italy, but Mario's just so divisive that you're better off without him.

Yeah, Boateng did a great job there and it was great to see that the opposing side supported him as well.

Spoiler show

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

But didnt Mancini start the whole thing? I heard he got aggressive at first and went straight into Balotelli's face and tried to push him down. If anything, he owes the apology. But of course that doesnt follow the narrative so he gives him another "chance". Their whole relationship is screwed because neither can keep their emotions in check. Idiotic.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    But didnt Mancini start the whole thing? I heard he got aggressive at first and went straight into Balotelli's face and tried to push him down. If anything, he owes the apology. But of course that doesnt follow the narrative so he gives him another "chance". Their whole relationship is screwed because neither can keep their emotions in check. Idiotic.
    Yes, Mancini did start this whole thing, but Balotelli's caused a lot of problems anyway.

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Oh, yeah, Ba starts up top for us against Southampton in the FA Cup.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

5-1 in the end for us, with Ba getting two goals in his debut, even if one of them was actually Mata's, but whatever.

---------- Post added January 07, 2013 at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was January 05, 2013 at 11:59 AM ----------

It's apparently official now that Roman and co. won't give Lampard a new deal and that we'll have seen the end of him at the end of the season.

Spoiler show

Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

That's disappointing for him, he's been a real credit to English football and his team. I dunno how well he'd take a back team role within the club, or perhaps he wants to carry on playing for a while. I would've thought the least they'd give him was another season; he still has some to contribute to the team.

Thread Closed
Page 87 of 134 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast