Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 92 of 134 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2003

Thread: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    Yea true, but I couldnt help get a dig in at liverpool.

Any predictions for tomorrow's match? I say Liverpool gonna take the 3 points.... 3-1

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaka was one of the best from 04-09 (and undoubtedly the best in 06/07) That is a significant amount of time at the very top. He's not a total washout.
    Perhaps not, and perhaps I undersold Kaka, but there's no denying that in like one moment, his stock just plummeted.

You are talking about longevity which is fair enough but Lampard is not a better footballer than Ronaldinho. He never was. To even claim it is quite incredulous. It is simply not true. The man is a scoring machine but a whole system was developed by Mourinho to open up space in the middle so he could make his late runs for tap ins. It was essentially tap ins and penalties coupled with the fact that he never got injured. Jesus you are wearing some incredibly blue tinted spectacles or you are actually forgetting just how magical some of those players were. Longevity is a measure of quality but its not the be all and end all. A lot of these players mentioned were better than Lampard his best. They changed games and seasons single handedly with sublime play that makes him look distinctly average. He's not even the best english midfielder of his generation. That accolade goes to Scholes.
    Head to head, in their matches, while Ronaldinho scored more beautiful goals, Lampard was just as effective. At his peak, Ronaldinho had more talent than Lampard, but Ronaldinho didn't last, and I do take into account longevity. I have to admit, the fact that Lampard has scored like 55 penalties does take away from his goalscoring tally.

Scholes has even more longevity than Lampard, that's true.

The problem with naming players by their position, especially attacking midfielders is that they are not truly one or the other anymore. Their whole role changes during the game at times. Your point was Lampard was the only real CAM superstar in the last decade (so from say WC 2002 to now). He's an amazing player but he's not the best in his position.

Edit: On a side note about Riquelme, that man was one of the best playmakers of his generation. He was such a joy to watch at Villareal. His penalty miss against Arsenal in 06 though, is still one of my favourite CL moments hahaha.
    We'll all agree with that and we all measure different things when talking about attacking midfielders. I was arguing that in terms of goals and production and everything, Lampard was the most effective, not necessarily the most talented, but he maintained his talent level for a longer period of time, and therefore had more impact over time.

Yeah, that was a bad miss by Riquelme, and in a way, it defines his career for a lot of viewers.

Juninho is probably the greatest freekick take ever but he could hardly regularly get into the Brazil squad. His achievements in France are noteworthy, if you forget that it was at when Lyon pretty much had france in a stranglehold. They once won the league mid april. April! That is not even competition. He was a very good player but Lampard is in a different class. Especially around 04-06 when even Juninho was at his best and the 09/10 season when he was outstanding.
    See, I can't forget that Juninho often played against lesser competition.

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi919 View Post
    Well, if you can put RVP in there, why not Suarez? He's younger, more skillful and only 2 goals behind RVP for the golden boot this season. If you look at it, he does most of the work himself anyway. The only thing RVP has on him is finishing... well and not falling too easily, but you can see Suarez is fixing that and working on it. But yeah...never gonna happen, probably Falcao will win it.
    People won't vote for Suarez because he dives, regardless of his talent. If he just didn't dive and everything, people wouldn't have a problem with him. He does appear to be a top six or seven striker in the world.

Nakamura>Juninho when it comes to freekicks though -.-
    Perhaps.

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

Any predictions for tomorrow's match? I say Liverpool gonna take the 3 points.... 3-1
    Howard Webb's the ref, so that guarantees the points for United. The question is whether another Liverpool player gets controversially sent off. Did you notice that in the Chelsea and Liverpool matches where they were on top and had United on the back foot, a player was controversially sent off? Ivanovic appeared to deserve his professional foul, but then Torres was magically booked for diving and Evans escaped a potential red. In the Liverpool match, the two players both slid in and the Liverpool player is red carded and that's it.

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

Without Yaya and Aguero available for City, I think that Arsenal can pick up all three of the points.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Oh, that is an awesome drawing. Who's the guy between Terry and Mata?
    Who do you think?

The picture is funnier than it looks at first... just look at the background.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Who do you think?

The picture is funnier than it looks at first... just look at the background.
    I have no idea. Cahill?

Yeah, I saw the blue man group in the background, a blue dog, and then some FIFA personalities.

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Evans is the most protected player in the EPL... He's always involved in bad calls and the refs never seem to punish him when he deserves it.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea. Cahill?

Yeah, I saw the blue man group in the background, a blue dog, and then some FIFA personalities.
    You are joking right?

Cole-Mikel-Ivanovic-Meireles-Cech-Ramires-Terry-Lampard-Mata-Cahill Drogba

You don't know Blue from "Blue's clues? Harry Potter? The Queen, Mr bean, freaking drunk Wally...................... everyone

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Blues clues man! Jayzus.

I see the Queen, Freddie Mercury, Mr. Bean, Sherlock Holmes, Waldo/Wally, Harry potter and John Lennon.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

You are joking right?

Cole-Mikel-Ivanovic-Meireles-Cech-Ramires-Terry-Lampard-Mata-Cahill Drogba
    Yeah, I was joking. I knew that that was supposed to be Frank, but it was such an awful drawing of Frank that I was questioning the artist. That third guy is supposed to be Branislav? There's no way that I would've ever guessed that.

You don't know Blue from "Blue's clues? Harry Potter? The Queen, Mr bean, freaking drunk Wally...................... everyone
    I didn't make the connection with Blue's Clues at all. Actually, Blue's Clues was almost a little after my time in a way and I never paid much attention to it. I saw the Queen and Mr. Bean, but I missed Harry Potter the first time around. I thought that I saw Maradona, but I could be wrong.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I was joking. I knew that that was supposed to be Frank, but it was such an awful drawing of Frank that I was questioning the artist. That third guy is supposed to be Branislav? There's no way that I would've ever guessed that.
    lol, you can totally recognise Lampard... And Ivanovic was a hard one, but just remember who played that match and that's it.

I didn't make the connection with Blue's Clues at all. Actually, Blue's Clues was almost a little after my time in a way and I never paid much attention to it.
    You are just 3 years older than me

I thought that I saw Maradona, but I could be wrong.
    mmm... yeah, you can be wrong

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

lol, you can totally recognise Lampard... And Ivanovic was a hard one, but just remember who played that match and that's it.
    That's really not what Lampard looks like though.

That's supposed to be against Barca, I assume? Half of those players were suspended for the Final, so...

lYou are just 3 years older than me
    Three years can be a long time.

lmmm... yeah, you can be wrong
    Fine.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

That's really not what Lampard looks like though.

That's supposed to be against Barca, I assume? Half of those players were suspended for the Final, so...
    Yup!
    Three years can be a long time.
    You were 6 at that time... yeah, probably.

Fine.
    Ok
    Spoiler show

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok
    Spoiler show
    No.

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

So, thoughts on the news that's being reported that Pep's going to be the next manager of City?

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

No.

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

So, thoughts on the news that's being reported that Pep's going to be the next manager of City?
    I don't like Pep

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

No.

Wouldn't prove himself if he wins anything... Unless he doesn't buy any player over 25million and brings in some academy talent, gets this team to be unstopable and wins everything

I would much rather see him take a "weaker" team like Everton or Swansea and turn them into champions.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if you can put RVP in there, why not Suarez? He's younger, more skillful and only 2 goals behind RVP for the golden boot this season. If you look at it, he does most of the work himself anyway. The only thing RVP has on him is finishing... well and not falling too easily, but you can see Suarez is fixing that and working on it. But yeah...never gonna happen, probably Falcao will win it.
    RVP just has better all-around stats, he's also tied for second in assists.

Thread Closed
Page 92 of 134 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 ... LastLast