Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 99 of 134 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2003

Thread: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

Quote Originally Posted by jorped View Post
    Portugal lost against Ecuador, things are looking for us either, if we keep playing like this
    Now we just need Norway to suck too and everything will be as it must.
    Tiger, Tiger.

Let it be known far and wide
    I cheer for Saint-Etienne from the bottom of my heart

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

So my predictions will be Celtic 1-2 Juventus and Valencia 2-2 PSG

Maybe PSG will nick a third goal but it'll be tough away. Valencia isn't an easy place to go. xP

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bugzee View Post
    So my predictions will be Celtic 1-2 Juventus and Valencia 2-2 PSG

Maybe PSG will nick a third goal but it'll be tough away. Valencia isn't an easy place to go. xP
    <3

No but seriously, it was a hilarious match. Celtic players just ran around at full throttle throughout the whole first half and just kept passing it forward without looking. By the end of 2nd half they were tired as hell - which made them lose 3-0, much worse than 1-0. And I loved all the small fights between them and juve players xD
    Tiger, Tiger.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually thought that Juve played pretty poorly and it was only Celtic's players being awful at times that cost them the match. That defender missed a wide open header, which would've tied it, and he singlehandedly was responsible for two goals.

0-3 was a fair result going into the match, but Juve looked fairly poor.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Thing is, Celtic were going super yolo. Of course they'd look like playing well, but honestly they were missing so many passes and just rushing at the Juve players afterwards. Juve just played defensively to tire them out, they took the strategic solution instead of the crowd pleaser, especially in the away match. While I understand why you'd find that poorly, I personally don't, but I agree that the Celtic's "take the ball and shoot" is a lot more entertaining.
    Tiger, Tiger.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't see the first half, but from what I saw and what my brother said, Celtic got a taste of good old counter attacking football. Read some articles, and I must say all of them are biased against Juve... saying they didn't deserve it and played "dirty". From what I saw, Celtic were being very aggressive and Juve just took advantage of their mistakes. Maybe by the Juve of last season's standard they played poorly, but against an impressive Celtic team in that kind of atmosphere, they played well and took their chances.

I really want a Juve vs Barca final

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibra87 View Post
    Thing is, Celtic were going super yolo. Of course they'd look like playing well, but honestly they were missing so many passes and just rushing at the Juve players afterwards. Juve just played defensively to tire them out, they took the strategic solution instead of the crowd pleaser, especially in the away match. While I understand why you'd find that poorly, I personally don't, but I agree that the Celtic's "take the ball and shoot" is a lot more entertaining.
    I expected to see Juve come out and just dominate Celtic, but instead, I basically saw Celtic make some atrocious defensive mistakes and be unable to put the ball across the line. A lot of times, Juve's players lost the ball poorly, but Celtic's offensive ineptitude meant that they didn't score. This so easily could've been a Celtic win if you get rid of Ambrose and Samaras was fit.

I take nothing away from Juve's win, it's just that I expected more. They didn't play this poorly against Shakhtar and Chelsea, for example.

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so game on today.

Ronaldo returns to Old Trafford today. I'm going for a Madrid win; 2-1.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm going for that same score, Bob, except that the first leg's at the Bernabeu, not OT. Are you predicting that Ronaldo scores against his old club?

For Shakhtar vs Dortmund, I predict a 1-2 away win for Dortmund.

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Yeah, I'm going for that same score, Bob, except that the first leg's at the Bernabeu, not OT. Are you predicting that Ronaldo scores against his old club?

For Shakhtar vs Dortmund, I predict a 1-2 away win for Dortmund.
    Hmmm that doesn't really change my prediction; gonna stick with the same score. I think Ronaldo will score in both legs. Both teams don't have particularly "solid" defences in my opinion but Ronaldo plus the controlling midfield will be the difference.

For the other game, gonna for a draw...just have a feeling. LOL

MH's Best Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Prince's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

As for yesterday's matches:
    I'll have to agree with FrostyMouse, I didn't see Juve as strong as in some other matches. They were pretty wide open at times and lacked that superb compactness that made them such a strong and fun to watch side... not to say they were performing poorly but just not up to some stuff they have showed this season.

As for today's match-ups:
    They only broadcast Dortmund in Free TV here, so I'll probably (have to) watch that one. I'd love to see Shakhtar put one over Klopp and the boys. Just so they will have to deliver in the return match at Signal Iduna Park...
    It's gonna be interesting if the Bees can continue their strong performances from the group stages. We all remember teams who were playing outstandingly there but failed miserably in the knock-out stages.
    So I guess, in the end either outcome is fine with me. If Dortmund fails I get my share of schadenfreude, when they prevail it's good for the league (i.e. UEFA country coefficient) and I can keep dreaming of the match-up between Barca and the Bees.

Blancos vs. Red Devils is gonna be a real blast, I'd guess. Madrid is kinda enigmatic this year... the team is such a mess. Still, there's this saying that a predator is the most dangerous when wounded. I can totally imagine Real snatching that trophy eventually.
    So while I'd usually see Fergie's team prevail I can't say for sure how this match-up will turn out in the end. 2-1 at Bernabeu sounds reasonable.
    Last edited by Mr. Prince; February 13, 2013 at 01:47 PM.

TL: Oumagadoki Doubutsuen (29/37) || *NEW* HUNGRY JOKER (latest update: case.12+13) • Meet the Man: Sterling Cooper Ad Agency

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Hmmm that doesn't really change my prediction; gonna stick with the same score. I think Ronaldo will score in both legs. Both teams don't have particularly "solid" defences in my opinion but Ronaldo plus the controlling midfield will be the difference.

For the other game, gonna for a draw...just have a feeling. LOL
    Okay then. There are some other factors in play. Casillas is out with that broken hand, although I'm still predicting a win for Madrid.

In terms of Shakhtar vs Dortmund, don't forget that Willian left Shakhtar to go play in Russia, which definitely harms Shakhtar's offesne.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

I don't like Welbeck starting, but on the other hand, Pepe's not starting for Madrid.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy crap, I forgot Gus Johnson was going to start doing Soccer! Wow...this out to be interesting

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

You're watching on FSC, I take it, Gary?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    You're watching on FSC, I take it, Gary?
    Yeah. Johnson used to irritate me, and I'll miss him on March Madness. But I think they intend to groom him as the soccer guy on Fox now that they have the 2018 World Cup.

He isn't doing a bad job actually.

Thread Closed
Page 99 of 134 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast