Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 121 of 134 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2003

Thread: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v2

Tim Howard

I think you're underrating our top players a bit. The game is still a team sport. That being said, I'm hoping we're able to qualify for 2014 before even discussing whether we can outdo our performance in the last one.

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Yeah, South America has Brazil, Argentina and Colombia, those 3 could give a fight to Germany any day.
    .....uhhh, aren't you forgetting Uruguay?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    .....uhhh, aren't you forgetting Uruguay?
    Nope. Uruguay's perfomance in SouthAfrica was way too overrated (Suarez had to ¨cheat¨ to give them a chance to beat GHANA), same in the American Cup (even though our football sucked, we played a better match against them and they wre lucky enough to score in a 40 mts freekick). In our eliminatories, they have 13 points in 10 matches.

In other words, no, I would never bet for them.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope. Uruguay's perfomance in SouthAfrica was way too overrated (Suarez had to ¨cheat¨ to give them a chance to beat GHANA), same in the American Cup (even though our football sucked, we played a better match against them and they wre lucky enough to score in a 40 mts freekick). In our eliminatories, they have 13 points in 10 matches.

In other words, no, I would never bet for them.
    Say what you will, they still accomplished more than any other South American side. Fact.

I won't predict them repeating that success, but they're still in the conversation for me.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Say what you will, they still accomplished more than any other South American side. Fact.
    Of course they did. Our coach SUCKED (COME ON, MARADONA, WTF). They struggled to beat Ghana (Penalties) in the best 8, and what match did we have... FREAKING GERMANY

At the best 16, they barely won against SOUTH KOREA (when we beat them like 4-1 or 4-0, I don't remember).
    Their biggest feat was losing 2-3 against Germany and the Netherlands (cause Forlán was the only player in the entire tournament that realised that the ball became a canonball with the proper strength, that gave him the best player of the WC award).

Uruguay has nothing, Colombia would own them easily (and they already did, 4-0 last year).

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course they did. Our coach SUCKED (COME ON, MARADONA, WTF). They struggled to beat Ghana (Penalties) in the best 8, and what match did we have... FREAKING GERMANY

At the best 16, they barely won against SOUTH KOREA (when we beat them like 4-1 or 4-0, I don't remember).
    Their biggest feat was losing 2-3 against Germany and the Netherlands (cause Forlán was the only player in the entire tournament that realised that the ball became a canonball with the proper strength, that gave him the best player of the WC award)
    I thought you were better than this

You play who you're slated to play...you can't hold that against a team. Ghana shouldn't have even been in that match...shit happens.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Neymar ain't overrated, otherwise... where's he playing right now, in Real Madrid? No, at Santos, he's got European lvl but no one would deny that he is far away from Messi and Cristiano. Neymar played a good match against Italy, and it's with no doubt their star.
    The way people talk about him, it's as if he's a superstar already and that's just not the case. He can't currently beat good defenders 1v1.

You're seeing Oscar as a Chelsea fan (of course he doesn't fit as a strong midfielder), gotta remember that Brazil plays a completely different game.
    Oscar is the poster boy for small midfielders. He's not even short, he's just a featherweight. Oscar can make good plays at times, but he lacks that real cutting edge, which often has to do with being so slight.

Oh, I know, and he actually plays more as a CAM or a traditional winger for Brazil, not as a supporting AM, and Oscar isn't a supporting AM.

Hulk is a beast, I can't talk about his lvl right now (cause he plays in freaking Zenit) but I'm pretty sure he still has a lot of talent.
    If he'd gone to a better side, Hulk could've worked on improving his game, but going to Zenit was a bad move career-wise. It pays well, but that's it. He's looked a bit off lately.

Brazil's 4 defenders line is one of the best in the world (Alves-Luiz-Thiago-Marcelo) and Júlio César high level is back.
    Alves doesn't really defend that well as he usually gets forward and then gets caught and his side end up being short at the back. Luiz? Are you watching the same David Luiz that Chelsea fans have come to know? Thiago Silva and Marcelo are quality players, however. Julio Cesar has had a resurgence this year.

I hope they call Luis Fabiano again (Fred ain't bad but, there's no comparission), he's still in good shape (not like Ronaldinho, I won't argue that one) even though he had problems in the past.
    Luis Fabiano just looks over the hilll. Fred's not bad, but he's also pretty old. Ronaldinho is just fat and slow.

Yeah, South America has Brazil, Argentina and Colombia, those 3 could give a fight to Germany any day.
    I don't agree. The only way that Argentina and Columbia could ever compete against Germany is by getting early goals and defending out of their minds.

Oh and Damiao is still at Internacional.
    Ah, thanks.
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; March 23, 2013 at 12:46 AM.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought you were better than this

You play who you're slated to play...you can't hold that against a team. Ghana shouldn't have even been in that match...shit happens.
    Then what's the feat about being the South American team that lasted longer? ¨They played against weak teams , barely beat them, and advanced, hence they are better¨. I don't get it. I liked Paraguay's WC more than Uruguay's actually.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Then what's the feat about being the South American team that lasted longer? ¨They played against weak teams , barely beat them, and advanced, hence they are better¨. I don't get it. I liked Paraguay's WC more than Uruguay's actually.
    I said they accomplished more. You're acting like they're a fluke. I just think you're overlooking them, especially with mentioning Colombia.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Uruguay has nothing, Colombia would own them easily (and they already did, 4-0 last year).
    Suarez and Cavani are gonna rape

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi919 View Post
    Suarez and Cavani are gonna rape
    Cavani's injured, I believe.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Cavani's injured, I believe.
    Suarez is gonna rape

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Brazil will get better I think. They had no time to train and they weren't that bad.

They had one day to train before game against england and same before italy that's two days of training and two matches. While Italy and England are teams that already have a solid base and are playing qualifiers. Brazil didn't fair bad in the first half against Italy. And they kinda were affected by Italy's first goal.

But when you think the players had no time to play together at all it isn't that bad.

I think the game against Russia will go better.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Somebody interested in the matches tomorrow evening?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't say I'm definitely looking forward to one particular WC qualifying match tomorrow but I guess there are a few that stand out and could potentially be very entertaining to watch. Any country but England is worth watching at the moment.

Turkey x Hungry
    Netherlands x Romania
    Azerbaijan x Portugal
    France x Spain

Those matches are the ones that I have my eyes on. I guess I'll end up watching the Portugal game. ;P

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

France vs Spain is the only interesting match in my mind. They drew in Spain and now we get to see what happens at the Stade de France.

Thread Closed
Page 121 of 134 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 ... LastLast