Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 FIFA World Cup

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by DanielKnoT View Post
    I cant believe that Italy is the actual champion... -.-

What a disappointment...
    True. I expected much much more from Italy aswell, but Holland did not show a good performance either IMHO. Hope Spain will live up my expectations. Same for Portugal and Brazil (which's the match I'm looking forward the most from the groups.. ohw yeah Por-Bra will be hawt:P I hope ))

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

The contrast between NL winning and Italy ending the match in a tie? the latter was actually entertaining (imo of course). Denmark wasn't bad, but scoring a goal against the favorite team is a whole diffrent quality and disturbing their gameplay even more so ^^

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DanielKnoT's Avatar
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evil3ye View Post
    True. I expected much much more from Italy aswell, but Holland did not show a good performance either IMHO. Hope Spain will live up my expectations. Same for Portugal and Brazil (which's the match I'm looking forward the most from the groups.. ohw yeah Por-Bra will be hawt:P I hope ))
    Yes, the match betwen Portugal and Brazil is the BEST match in this round..

I'm portuguese so, I will cheer Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by koenosaki View Post
    It didn't surprise me...

1. Pirlo is injured and imo he is a key player
    2. In Brussels Italy was nothing in a friendly match
    3. In Switzerland Italy was close to nothing in a friendly match

furthermore Paraguay did quite good in the South-American preliminaries. A lot of people are overestimating Italy. I think they have a chance to get in the second round but they'll definitely won't make it further
    True, in the Last WC, Italy started bad as well, but what happen then?? World Champions
    Last edited by DanielKnoT; June 14, 2010 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member L0ki's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the match betwen Portugal and Brazil is the BEST match in this round..
    Brazil plays a defensive style, Portugal has only 1 good player. Spain-Chile is the most promising match of the first round, hands down.

http://twitter.com/thevuvuzelahorn

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

NOOOO!!! Can't believe italy tied.... the horror..... I expected a better performance from the current champions...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by L0ki View Post

Spa-Chi sounds promissing as well, yeah. I'd say Spain wins 2:1 though.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DanielKnoT's Avatar
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by L0ki View Post
    Brazil plays a defensive style, Portugal has only 1 good player. Spain-Chile is the most promising match of the first round, hands down.
    Brazil plays a defensive style??? Is the first time that I ever see a comment like that about Brazil..

Portugal has only 1 good player?? You mean C.Ronaldo? No, no, no..
    What about Pepe, Simao, Tiago, Deco, Danny? Portugal has a good team this year..

Both teams, plays a beatiful and offensive futbol.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Brazil plays a defensive style??? Is the first time that I ever see a comment like that about Brazil..

What about Pepe, Simao, Tiago, Deco, Danny? Portugal has a good team this year..

In the past they did not, but did you see the last games since Dunga is the coach ?? Now they play a much more defensive style and a lot of brazilian people criticize Dunga for this change of the system......but for Dunga the result is more important than to play a beautifull football.....similar to the Italian-Style.
    A few brazilian journalist even said that brazil did no more play like brazil, but rather play now like Germany (they meant it in a bad way)....

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats the good old brasil that did not win stuff(it is within my understanding most of the times brasil has won has they have used a defensive football).... Don't you read the news lol.... Dunga has been getting extreme criticism not only because the current brasil team does not have an ounce of their traditional "jugo bonito"... Not only that, Dunga has shown clear distaste for that.... Didn't you find it strange ronaldinho was not in the team? There is a reason for that (I don't think brasil is missing anything by not having him though)

Portugal is a first class team IMO, even if not as much as other strong teams I do think they are among the teams that have a decent chance of winning the cup in general....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saintz0r's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Paraguai has a very decent team imo, i'd rate them more or less in the same level as Usa. We had two losses in the eliminatory, one of them was against Paraguai :P And you shouldn't forget that Cabanas ( aka, the dude who completely trashed my Flamengo in Maracana back in 2008 ) took a bullet in the head and won't be able to play the WC. That's a major problem for them

Netherlands till now is the team that made me most worried, Germany was awesome but they were playing Australia and Italy reminds me of Milan currently, I don't think they'll get past the quarter finals.

Ghana is the best african team by far till now, Ivory Coast could go far, but got bad luck in the group draws, i'm thinking they'll be out by sunday.

Brasil is really based on defense and counter-attacks since Dunga became the coach, and we're quite good at it*. In that friendly with Portugal that they were attacking like crazy, we managed to win by 6x2 I pity Spain if our paths happen to cross.
    *that doesnt mean i like it, i'd rather see a team like 82, even if we lost that cup

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Pirulito's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

C'mon, Saintz0r, my friend! Paraguay is way better than USA.

I didn't watch the game but it surprised me Paraguay could tie today. I, obviously, was expecting a victory. Italy is mediocre since 2006 - they didn't deserve that title - and the team of 2006 is better than the current one. The only thing Italy has now is tradition. And it's the only thing that can help Italy to go further in this World Cup

My bet is the same yet. Paraguay will be the first in group F.
    Last edited by Pirulito; June 14, 2010 at 07:14 PM.

Se entendeu essa frase, entre nessa bagaça

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, paraguay is better than USA.... USA is average IMO... I think the greatest thing it has is structure but overall it lacks good enough players to be a top team...

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

First Green screws himself over and then Chaouchi (Algeria's GK) "attempts" to parry a shot away from goal with his shoulder...wtf. Algeria had the better chances to seal the game with a win but they stupidly gifted Slovenia a very EASY free goal imo.

Netherlands 2-0 Denmark - was an ok game. Not terribly exciting tbh. I can't see neither them getting far in this WC. \o/

Japan 1-0 Cameroon - I thought Cameroon would be the victors of this game; they played shit in the end. Webo had one of the best chances to get a goal back for Cameroon; it's ashame that his superb effort hit the damn cross bar. I have feeling that the Netherlands Vs. Japan game will be an exciting one to watch. *Hopefully* I say 3-2/2-3. XD

Italy 1-1 Paraguay - Officially the worst game so far...gawd the first half went soooo slow. I didn't think Italy would come back. Oh well. I wonder whether the game between New Zealand and Slovakia will be any better.

I can't wait to watch the other two games that will be on today.

Ivory Coast Vs. Portugal - Should be a good game. Mmmm. I say 1-2/2-2

Brazil v North Korea - I'm hoping the Brazilians do one better than the Germans did.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ~Buggy*Fly~ View Post
    Italy 1-1 Paraguay - Officially the worst game so far...gawd the first half went soooo slow. I didn't think Italy would come back. Oh well. I wonder whether the game between New Zealand and Slovakia will be any better.
    Have you seen France vs Uruguay? Imo, that's the worst game so far. That match had nothing.

Italy - Paraguay wasn't a nice match either but playing was tough because of the heavy rain and during some moments (I said some moments) I saw some nice midfield combinations from both sides. The boring about this game was the constant midfield play and the fact that both teams always ended up screwing up their attack.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm watching New Zealand vs Slovakia, what an exciting match(!) you guys need to watch it right now -_-. Today's later matches could have some of the best football we've seen so far. Can't wait to see what Brazil bring to the table.

I can't believe Cameroon lost yesterday, I'd put most of the blame on the coach Paul LeGuen, why did he play Eto'o, his best player on the right? but credits to the japanese, they really battled for that 1-0 victory, some very good performances from a few of their players, especially the defense.

Thread Closed
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast