Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 FIFA World Cup

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member L0ki's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup

I'm just hoping to see one or two good matches for a change... safest bet in the first round would be Spain-Chile.

Eroge Danchou MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Xophien's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly can't see Spain NOT win this one. Because they easily have the best team of this generation, and because it'd probably be in an epic way: provided they end first of their group (a rather weak one, so it should happen), they'll face in the round of 16 the second of group G (which has Brazil, Portugal and Côte d'Ivoire), then hey could face something like Italy, Argentine then Brazil or the Netherlands in the final. This would make for a good story.

So yeah, my favorites for the win are Spain, followed closely by Brazil (they have a team that surprisingly doesn't have any real star but is probably the most solid they've had in years, with an actual defense and a great goalkeeper), and I'd throw the Netherlands in there too, because while they won't win it (it'd be no fun if good-looking football actually won stuff...), they still have one of the best looking offense out there

And I'd say we should all keep a close eye on France! After Zidane's head in 2006 (World Cup final), Henry's hand in 2009 (World Cup qualifier against Ireland), Ribery's penis two months ago (his problem with an underage prostitute), at this rate, we might actually start playing with our feet...

Oh, and for the first day, I'd say:
    South Africa 1-1 Mexico
    Uruguay 1-1 France

My guess is that it'll be the group with the most draws >.>

And Marca has made an awesome calendar here: http://www.marca.com/deporte/futbol/...o-english.html

Really useful to keep track of the teams and matches~
    Last edited by Xophien; June 09, 2010 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Art by 双瀬 聖

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

indeed spain seems ready for it , they have many good players the deffence is good , i wonder if villa will participate .
    "[I]If you think I'm gonna sit here idly by and do nothing, then you're right, because that's what I do here.[/I]"

Steven Hyde

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cua_raitei View Post
    italy is in my first place, they must defend their title
    By this time, I don't think that the Squadra Azzurra will come very far.

Instead of boosting Italy's young talent, Lippi is relying far too much on overage players this time. That's not only a waste of potential, but also pretty stupid; experience isn't everything, he should know that.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xophien View Post
    So yeah, my favorites for the win are Spain, followed closely by Brazil (they have a team that surprisingly doesn't have any real star but is probably the most solid they've had in years, with an actual defense and a great goalkeeper), and I'd throw the Netherlands in there too, because while they won't win it (it'd be no fun if good-looking football actually won stuff...), they still have one of the best looking offense out there
    Those 3 are THE favorites, objectively. England and Argentina have names but no team, and Italy and Germany have neither. But well, you can never really rule out the big teams completely. And Holland and Spain's history of shitting themselves on decisive matches makes me think the only real candidate is Brazil.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by L0ki View Post
    Those 3 are THE favorites, objectively. England and Argentina have names but no team, and Italy and Germany have neither. But well, you can never really rule out the big teams completely. And Holland and Spain's history of shitting themselves on decisive matches makes me think the only real candidate is Brazil.
    I don't think that argument can be levelled against Spain anymore, especially after the Euro's. They beat both Germany and Italy at that tournament and i think for all intent and purposes quashed their demons. Besides the core of the team is composed of players who are at the summit of club football and are accustomed to winning. The nations that could be said to be chokers now, are England and Holland.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

coughconfederationscupcough

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just about to say that, you forgot USA - Spain in Conf. Cup Imperium? Even though it's more of a jippo in Spain, they should never have lost, it was an awesome game to watch!
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Spain is no doubt in top shape. Their friendly match against Poland which ended 6-0 in Spain's favour was totally amazing, even if they were playing against a mediocre team like Poland. They still showed how amazing their team is together. They're definitely my favorites. It's too bad really, because Spain will be the death of Portugal. No matter how it plays out, Spain will meet Portugal either in the round of 16 or the quarter-finals, which will be the end of Portugal. Obviously I'm rooting for Portugal as I'm from there, so I wouldn't mind if they got a little further than the round of 16, which is the most logical outcome. Spain is no doubt winning their group, and Portugal I bet will come in second place after Brazil. Meaning they meet Spain in the round of 16 = death. Spain has always been Portugal's worst enemy. It's a shame because I believe Portugal could have done better than that had they been more lucky with the group setups.

Argentina would be a safe bet were it not for Maradona, who is a fucking moron. So Spain stands as the strongest team. I would have rooted for Spain anyway though. Spain is Portugal's "big brother", so if Portugal can't win, then Spain is the next choice.

Brazil will be a strong team, but well they're meeting Spain sooner or later too, which will be an amazing match. Netherlands is a strong team too. I don't really have much faith in France or Italy this year, nor would I like for them to win. They play boring football in my opinion, and I'm bored of France's success WC after WC.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by L0ki View Post
    coughconfederationscupcough
    Quote Originally Posted by Blai View Post
    I was just about to say that, you forgot USA - Spain in Conf. Cup Imperium? Even though it's more of a jippo in Spain, they should never have lost, it was an awesome game to watch!
    Well there was me thinking we were talking about "decisive" matches not warm up tournaments.

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Decisive matches or not, it was still a fiasco and it gave the Americans some wind behind their sails. I think it's going to be an interesting first round in group B. For sure.
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly can't see Spain NOT win this one. Because they easily have the best team of this generation, and because it'd probably be in an epic way: provided they end first of their group (a rather weak one, so it should happen), they'll face in the round of 16 the second of group G (which has Brazil, Portugal and Côte d'Ivoire), then hey could face something like Italy, Argentine then Brazil or the Netherlands in the final. This would make for a good story.

Same here, my bet goes for Spain and in the worst scenario Argentina, both are good, + Maradona said he'll run naked through Buenos Aires if Argentina win the World Cup and we know that lately Luciana Salazar said that she would join Diego in their "naked run in the Obelisk" ... that's the spirit ... Motivation for the team.
    And I'd say we should all keep a close eye on France! After Zidane's head in 2006 (World Cup final), Henry's hand in 2009 (World Cup qualifier against Ireland), Ribery's penis two months ago (his problem with an underage prostitute), at this rate, we might actually start playing with our feet...
    LMAO ... Nice One
    Quote Originally Posted by dark lord View Post
    indeed spain seems ready for it , they have many good players the deffence is good , i wonder if villa will participate .
    What make you think he won't? Perfect combination, Xavi, Iniesta and Villa

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

they still have one of the best looking offense out there
    Didn't know you were watching football for the pretty boys ;D

So tomorrow, let's see...
    I sympathisize with South Africa as the host aaaaand... hmm. I think I skip on the second match >.>

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eni View Post
    hmm. I think I skip on the second match >.>
    SACRILEGE

Though i am glad that the matches will be at watch able times over here. 3:00 and 7:30 thats really not bad.

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone else watch the celebration concert today? It was pretty cool . Shakira’s presentation was great; the song, the music, the dance, everything was very entertaining. I really enjoyed watching her performance.

Finally tomorrow will be the inauguration of the cup; I’m really looking forward to the opening ceremony and of course the games.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Thread Closed
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast