Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 FIFA World Cup

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup

Ah, finally the greatest sport event in the world is about to start.... Can't wait, I honestly have been counting the seconds since the germany cup ended lol....

Personally, I want italy to win although I do feel there are a couple other teams who have an honestly better shot. IMHO brazil will be reasonably dangerous. Argentina should be a decent contestant this year but as long as they have maradona as a coach they won't have it in them to even be a 0 to the left. Argentina simply won't work, its that simple.

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

@destiny, no worries. I'd created such a thread myself soon anyways. We had it stickied 2006 and 2008 too.

Germany is already down several players, including our captain, due to training injuries. Just yesterday another one was injured. So I wouldn't bet on a top score but I expect the quarter finals nonetheless.
    Last edited by eni; May 31, 2010 at 05:05 AM.

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought I was active here, planned to make a thread like this, and there's already one.... with two pages of post.... *doh

Anyway, to put it short, I'd top seed Netherlands, Spain, Brazil and Portugal for their insane offense.

I'd put Germany here but since they have, as eni said, a lot of injured players, I doubt they'll reach the top four. But, it will be a really interesting tourney from that PoV too because now we'll see some new players and hopefully they've put together a young hungry team who dares to play "entertainin" soccer. Like some of the Icehockey teams (Swe, Can, Swi) in the WC some weeks ago.

I'd put Argentina here too but since Maradona is a r*tard and doesn't know how to put together a team, nor how to coach it, I'm afraid it'll be a fiasco.

Where's the defence? Oh, he didn't "like" their best national defenders, so yeah, put in some volatile defenders and hope for the best ;pPpPppPPPp

Gawd, someone please give him the foot after the WC, Argentina is WAY too good for him...

Ooh, and Nigeria for sure, go go svennis go \o/... no?..
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Since this is the first worldcup to be held in Africa, I highly expect at least one of the african teams to shine. South Africa themselves as hosts might be carried along, but I wouldn't bet on it. Algeria is next on my list, but they hardly have a chance, just like Ghana (they are up against Germany ;P and one of their players injured 'our' captain *rages*).
    Cameroon, Nigeria and Côte d'Ivoire are the ones I hope to enter round of 16 / quarter finals =3 (aside from the usual european teams <.<

Also don't forget to get you Vuvuzela in time, it needs some practising before you can do it

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

If I had to bet, I'd say that the Netherlands, Italy, Brazil or Spain have got what it takes to win the World Cup. Even though it would be certainly wicked, I doubt that Germany will come very far; too many good players are injured. I'm not talking about Ballack, though. Imo, he's a bit overrated.

Quote Quote:
    Since this is the first worldcup to be held in Africa, I highly expect at least one of the african teams to shine.
    That could very well happen, yes.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DanielKnoT's Avatar
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

IF Maradona coach Argentina like he should, they should be in the Final with Spain..

These teams are the most balanced in Offense and Deffense.. And Argentina of course have Messi... This world cup should be for him to shows why is he considered the best player right now..!

He already did in the Euro Champions, Spain League, Copa del Rey, etc, etc..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member predsfan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's go U.S.A. !!!!! Though we haven't looked too good as of late. One last friendly against Australia and then England. I'll be looking forward to it. If we don't make it out of group play I'll be pissed and anything past round of 16 is gravy.

Since I know the U.S. isn't going to win , I'll also be going for England (minus the first game ) and Italy (in that order).
    Last edited by predsfan; May 31, 2010 at 05:57 PM.
    This Post Available in Double Vision [Where Drunk]
    "I am the man with no name. Zapp Brannigan at your service."

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanielKnoT View Post
    And Argentina of course have Messi...
    and Higuain I am definitely not a Real supporter but the total amount of goals these two have made in the Spanish competition is amazing.
    Last edited by Koen; June 01, 2010 at 04:57 AM.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DanielKnoT's Avatar
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I forgot about him.. Too bad that Riquelme is not in the team... Damn Maradona!!

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn Maradona!!
    Damn Argentina's national football board or whatever it is that decides the captain.

Anyway, friendly games coming up soon :3 Going to be interesting to see how the teams perform...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member WhatWhatinthebutt's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blai View Post
    Ooh, and Nigeria for sure, go go svennis go \o/... no?..
    YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! and the USA gameplay makes me question the veracity of the selections made for the World Cup...

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Pirulito's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    If you guys are interested, I created a MH-league to McDonadl's FIFA World Cup Fantasy. It's game where you create your fantasy team of all the World Cup players, and each round you get points depending on how well your players did in the actual matches. You need to crate an account to play. You can start choosing players starting from 4th.

After you have the account go to "My leagues" and the code of the league. Here is the code for Mangahelpers league; 288477-71304.

Let's try.
    I'll sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by Akainu View Post
    Since this is the first worldcup to be held in Africa, I highly expect at least one of the african teams to shine.

I have full expectations for Ivoire.
    I really like its squad.

IF Maradona coach Argentina like he should, they should be in the Final with Spain..

These teams are the most balanced in Offense and Deffense.. And Argentina of course have Messi... This world cup should be for him to shows why is he considered the best player right now..!

He already did in the Euro Champions, Spain League, Copa del Rey, etc, etc..

I don't see that balance in offense and deffense in Argentina squad.
    Even here, in Brazil, it's a common sense that current Argentina's defense is very, very awful.
    But it's Argentina, I know we shouldn't underestimate my beloved rival.

Se entendeu essa frase, entre nessa bagaça

Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

If any african team are to shine, then my money would be on Ivory Coast; they have the best group of individual players it's now just a matter of whether or not Sven can get them to gel together in time for the tornament.

I can't believe Walcott was left out the England team to SA!!! damn you Capello! but I think he has his reasons and as long as it pays off, I won't hold a grudge.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I highly doubt that Sven can do anything out of the ordinary with that team, not enough time and his play style is way different from Ivory Coast's, but we'll never know, he's surprised me before, might do it again.

Also, South Africa will be a country worth counting while on the subject of African teams, I saw their team play feb last year when I was in RSA and even though it was over a year ago, they looked as well put together as they could and given another year on that I'd say they will be rather dangerous to underestimate because if they don't have the skill, they sure have the teamwork, interplay and morale.

Oh, and to emphasize on what Pirulitokun wrote - Indeed, Argentina's defence is in no way on par with their offence and they will be a very fragile team and I doubt their changeovers are brilliant either from att to def.

Argentina COULD have a really good defence, but somehow, their top players aren't in the squad...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

The best laid plans of mice and men...Robben injured, Drogba injured, Ferdinand injured, Obi Mikel injured, Pirlo injured. And that too Ballack, Essien and the other players who are already out. Its a real shame for such quality players to be out. I also noticed the majority i named are chelsea players.

Quote Originally Posted by Blai View Post
    Argentina COULD have a really good defence, but somehow, their top players aren't in the squad...
    I think his biggest omission is Banega as a backup for Veron. If the old man gets injured, Banega would have been a perfect replacement especially at the back of an amazing season.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast