Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 FIFA World Cup

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner cua_raitei's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup

too bad so many big players got injured in the days leading up to the WC.

italy is in my first place, they must defend their title, and then netherland in 2nd
    The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

So many key international players are getting injured a week before the WC tournament officially gets underway. I feel sorry for Rio. I want to know what REALLY went down between Rio & Hesky.

I'm kinda happy to see a new face in Dawson getting a shot now though. Although, he hasn't impressed me much at club-level, I sure hope he shines for England in the up and coming group matches. ^^

So what do you guys think of the 2010 WC Stadiums? Which ones do you like the look of?

Stadium Link 1
    Stadium Link 2

Some of them look impressive but I can't see them being used much AFTER the WC. XD

Group A - 1st set of fixtures will take place next friday. So what do you guys think will be the final scores for the first two games of the 2010 WC?

1) South Africa Vs. Mexico
    2) Uruguay Vs. France

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

1) 2-2
    2) 0-2

Already finished my bracket for the group intervals ^,^
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of players are getting injured right before the tournament; it's not a good look.
    I'm gonna get working on my predictions and post up asap!

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

My bet on the opening games;
    2-1
    0-1

I'd think it would nice for the home team to win the opening. And I don't have much expectations for France this year, Uruguay might even win. And of course I calculated this based on my choices on the Fantasy Football game.

(Anyone considering joining MH-league on the game? There is still time, but there is still no-one joined, so I just might delete it.)

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanielKnoT View Post
    IF Maradona coach Argentina like he should, they should be in the Final with Spain..

These teams are the most balanced in Offense and Deffense.. And Argentina of course have Messi... This world cup should be for him to shows why is he considered the best player right now..!

He already did in the Euro Champions, Spain League, Copa del Rey, etc, etc..
    Maradona coaching like he should.... Sounds awkward lol, it sounds as if he is being a poor coach for outside reasons rather than an overall inability to do so. Honestly, ANY other coach on earth could do better than maradona.... Seriously, maradona is a fiasco of such a humongous magnitude as a coach that they lost 6 - 0 against bolivia, a team who does not even cut it to be among the mediocre teams in South America -I don't have anything against bolivia, it'd just that the team does suck....-. Maradona has coached before the world cup and as far as I know he was awful, poor at giving directions and an overall disaster as an strategist. It's a real shame one of the only 2 teams in South America that has an honest shot at winning the cup has to put up with this solely due to ego...

On another note, I must say I am appalled at something a few apparent football fans here do. WTH is that about calling this beautiful sport SOCCER? The name of the sport is FOOTBALL, for the love of it do not insult it by calling it soccer.
    Last edited by kkck; June 07, 2010 at 01:18 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DanielKnoT's Avatar
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeap.. Totally agree, but what can we do? Maradona is like a GOD there in Argentina.. But they have a chance is if he doesnt fu** up.

What a bad news this weekend for Ferdinand, Drogba, and Robben.. 3 more that goes to the list of injured that will miss the cup..

Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

It's really sad, especially since this may be the last chance Drogba and Ferdinand get to represent their country in a World Cup; their both pushing 31-32.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ~Buggy*Fly~ View Post
    I say at some point in the tournament:

England will face Argetina .
    Brazil will face Italy.
    Robben will be carried off of the field with a broken leg.
    Terry will get booed and Beckham will start crying....
    I'm sorry Robben. I didn't mean it.

11. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanielKnoT View Post
    Yeap.. Totally agree, but what can we do? Maradona is like a GOD there in Argentina.. But they have a chance is if he doesnt fu** up.

What a bad news this weekend for Ferdinand, Drogba, and Robben.. 3 more that goes to the list of injured that will miss the cup..
    Like a God? His religion is called maradonismo.... Seriously, look it up (I am almost sure it is merely a glorified fan group but they do call themselves a religion). Wonder what the odds are of maradone doing at least a mediocre job as a coach.... Gotta keep an eye for hell freezing over, war stopping in the middle east and flying cattle.... (who knows, it might happen lol)

PS: To all football fans, please stop calling the sport "soccer" (yes, I am going to keep at it, it´s just THAT appalling)

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Pirulito's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Like a God? His religion is called maradonismo.... Seriously, look it up (I am almost sure it is merely a glorified fan group but they do call themselves a religion). Wonder what the odds are of maradone doing at least a mediocre job as a coach.... Gotta keep an eye for hell freezing over, war stopping in the middle east and flying cattle.... (who knows, it might happen lol)

PS: To all football fans, please stop calling the sport "soccer" (yes, I am going to keep at it, it´s just THAT appalling)

I'm sure DanielKnoT didn't say God in reference to maradonismo or Maradoniana Church. Am I wrong, Daniel? (By the way, more than 25 thousand people are maradoniano and, among them, 15 thousand are out of Argentina).

But Maradona is really glorified as hell there. Much more than Pele here in Brazil since a horde brazilians believe that Garrincha was better than him.

It is a great boost, motivation for the team, the players themselves said it. But of course, it isn't enough to win.

About Droga:
    Eric Kakou, press agent of Côte d'Ivoire, said that Drogba will play. According to the doctors he won't play the first game against Portugal, but he will be ready against Brazil.
    Last edited by Pirulito; June 07, 2010 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Se entendeu essa frase, entre nessa bagaça

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saintz0r's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like Robben wasn't cut yet from the cup, right? He must be in the same position as Drogba =b

Predictions for the first round? Lemme see...
    South Africa 1x0 Mexico
    Uruguai 2x2 France

And i'm getting really worried with Kaka... hope he gets in shape rly soon

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirulitokun View Post
    I'm sure DanielKnoT didn't say God in reference to maradonismo or Maradoniana Church. Am I wrong, Daniel? (By the way, more than 25 thousand people are maradoniano and, among them, 15 thousand are out of Argentina).

But Maradona is really glorified as hell there. Much more than Pele here in Brazil since a horde brazilians believe that Garrincha was better than him.

It is a great boost, motivation for the team, the players themselves said it. But of course, it isn't enough to win.
    <hr noshade size="1">
    About Droga:
    Eric Kakou, press agent of Côte d'Ivoire, said that Drogba will play. According to the doctors he won't play the first game against Portugal, but he will be ready against Brazil.
    IS maradona really more glorified in argentina than pele in brazil? I was under the impression that pele was an actual national treasure in brasil lol(also, I cna't seem to place garrincha...). I do find the comparison between maradona and pele a tad dumb though, pele was a number 9 and maradona was a number 10, to completely different positions....

Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the fact that they played in different times is a big factor as well, football as a game was different during the 70s and 80s. So Robben and Drogba aren't ruled out yet? Okay, fair enough. Only 3 more days til the first match; I really can't wait!!! Matches nearly everyday for about a month?? Were gonna be so spoiled!!

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Spain did well today ... Iniesta and Xavi are just the best midfield in the world.

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast