Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50

Thread: 2010 FIFA World Cup

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member L0ki's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup

Well, you only have 3 countries up there so there's not much competition...

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

No...CONCACAF includes the Caribbean Nations, Central America, and three South American entities Guyana, Suriname, and French Guiana.

If it was just Canada, USA, and Mexico there couldn't be a tournament

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    No...CONCACAF includes the Caribbean Nations, Central America, and three South American entities Guyana, Suriname, and French Guiana.

USA, mexico and just barely costa rica are the only mediocre teams in that cup though. The rest of them are outright awful....

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member L0ki's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post

Next time I'll include the sarcasm tags so we avoid this kind of reply.

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That's sad. As said, the eurocup is basically on the same level as the worldcup here. It's just the same media and public hype.

I thought you have some America cup, incuding the Latin American teams. That would be pretty exciting. No wonder everyone over there is bored of that sport with such kind of cups :/

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

There are plenty of things which for some people would be at the same level as a world cup lol. I am reasonably sure a lot of people would prefer to see their teams win the champions league or copa libertadores than see their nation win the world cup. Eurocup is a given at that.... In all fairness, it has all the great teams but brazil and argenitina so it is perfectly justified it is held in the same regard as the world cup. USA does not particupate in many international competitions though, I don't think I have ever seen them play a SA team for an important tournament.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by L0ki View Post
    Next time I'll include the sarcasm tags so we avoid this kind of reply.
    ...yeah that might have helped

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    There are plenty of things which for some people would be at the same level as a world cup lol. I am reasonably sure a lot of people would prefer to see their teams win the champions league or copa libertadores than see their nation win the world cup. Eurocup is a given at that.... In all fairness, it has all the great teams but brazil and argenitina so it is perfectly justified it is held in the same regard as the world cup. USA does not particupate in many international competitions though, I don't think I have ever seen them play a SA team for an important tournament.
    You mean just playing them? Because they played Brazil in the Confederations Cup final.

As far as inviting or being invited into another Confederations' competition...not so sure about that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    There are plenty of things which for some people would be at the same level as a world cup lol. I am reasonably sure a lot of people would prefer to see their teams win the champions league or copa libertadores than see their nation win the world cup.
    Not here. Real Madrid has 9 Champions League, Barcelona 3, but Spain played their first final (and win it) of a WC this year. I've lived and remember pretty well 3 Champions of Madrid and 2 of Barça, and it's absolutely impossible to compare that with the madness of World Cup. The most similar is a Real Madrid-Barça match
    So Proud to be Spanish:
    World and Europe Champion of Football.Real Madrid Best Team Ever,has 10 Champions League
    Rafael Nadal, tennis player with the Golden Slam( 4 Grand Slam and Gold Olympic Medal)
    Europe Champion and Olympic Subchampion of Basketball,Pau Gasol Champion of the NBA '09,'10

F.Alonso, World Champion in '05 and '06, #1 of Ferrari
    Jorge Lorenzo, Alberto Contador, Adam Raga...
    ¡Viva España!

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by javimgol View Post
    Not here. Real Madrid has 9 Champions League, Barcelona 3, but Spain played their first final (and win it) of a WC this year. I've lived and remember pretty well 3 Champions of Madrid and 2 of Barça, and it's absolutely impossible to compare that with the madness of World Cup. The most similar is a Real Madrid-Barça match
    I guess to each his own lol. I agree in that the world cup in generally lived more intensely than any other tournament (I think it is more because the world cup involves and appeals to that many more people though) but I do know a decent number of people who'd still prefer to see their club win copa libertadores...

Thread Closed
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50