Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by cnet128 , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How strong is Uryu Ishida?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SuperShuter's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

How strong is Uryu Ishida?

Just currious how strong Ishida actually is as we saw his reaitsu was sealed against Szayel Aporro so he couldn't do much. He arguably did as much as ichigo did against ulquiorra although its not the best thing to compare how 'harder' someone got beat up than the other to judge strength. I'm not sure if theres been a thread about his power in the soul society arc compared to now. He couldn't get any shots off on mayuri before breaking that seal, but with his new rapid fire bow, could have he beat mayuri?

Frankly where would every one rate Ishida in tiers, or does he just belong with the chad and vice captains.

sort of a multi thread on Ishida as I'm missing the guy TBH
    Last edited by Arrogance; September 04, 2010 at 01:44 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How strong is Uryu Ishida?

Vice Captain tier, maybe higher if he could use the form he used in SS more than once. Maybe a bit above vice captain, but only maybe.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

IMHO as he is now ishida is strong enough to easily defeat any VC level guy without bankai but also weak to be easily trashed by a captain level enemy.

4. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say he's Komamura level, maybe a little higher.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Uryuu is one of those weird characters Kubo seems to find an excuse to trash. He had a great fight against Mayuri, after that he's been trashed by everyone but fodder. Yeah, his power was sealed against Szayel but he and a VC had to be bailed out by Mayuri after that atrocity of a fight got dragged out for a year.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm putting Ishida on Bankai Ichigo's level, or somewhere near it. Even Mayuri's fight with him was situational, since Mayuri used Nemu to give him the chance to paralyze Ishida. Ishida is definitely very fast, and a VC definitely stands no chance against him. His new bow is definitely powerful, and I also doubt any VC could beat a Privaron Espada. I'd say he's somewhere in the captain tier, not at the top though....

With that form he used in SS, he definitely is though. Wonder if we'll ever see it again......and I liked their fight with Szayel lol.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't honestly see how ishida would have a chance against a captain level enemy. I know he is strong but captain level shinigami -including komamura- are at an entirely different level.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always seen Uryu as a tactician instead of a brute strength fighter. You have powerhouses in Bleach like Zaraki and Ichigo that use brute strength to overcome anything, then you have people that rely on their own pride or abilities to get through (Soi Fong, Byakuya, Mayuri) and then there's a few tacticians that quickly analyze situations and overcome much stronger opponents such as Urahara and Shunsui.

I see Ishida in the category as the last two although not nearly at their level of power. I've always compared Ishida to Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho - fairly weak in brute strength but more than makes up with it his ability to calculate and break situations down.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

im sure uryu could beat Koma so low captain i would say...he is good alot of people count him out but he has held his own against yammy and did good against ulq really not like he died like someone else (yea looking at you ichigo).

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ishida never held hos own against yami, he merely managed a sneak attack on him and made him land on a mine. He would have been in a lot of trouble had it not been for that landmine.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SuperShuter's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

I havn't got high hopes, cause kubo has just got into that un creative state of here we go lets show off all the vice captains new strength, then captains, then ichigos gang all at once for service. I think he just intends on keeping chad, ishida, renji and rukia as side shows... were not gona see a ishida on par with ichigo :upset

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jackk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Ishida is currently above a Vice captain in power and skill etc. ...but likely right below a low tier captain level. "At most" he could be at low captain level...with all his tools and techniques etc., but that may be stretching. Still, he's pretty impressive for a human/Quincy.

I would like to see more of him and see him get even more powerful though. I've always liked his fights, he always thinks things through and analyzes the situations during combat to come up with a strategy or plan in order to win. He also relies more on his brain and on his speed rather than brute strength. I also like how Ishida can take advantage of places rich in spiritual particles by absorbing that to make his attacks even more powerful.

His Hirenkyaku (basically Quincy's version of shunpo), his Ginto substances which he can use to make spells and explosions, his Seele Schneider (light/spirit sword?) which allows him close combat and can pierce harder stuff, and his spirit bow and arrows that allow him to fight with mid to long ranged attacks shooting thousands of arrows at an Enemy.... are some incredible tools and techniques. Heck Ishida can even fight while technically being paralyzed or with broken limbs... if he uses his Ransōtengai technique.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member niblack89's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Privaron espada are fairly powerful. Even Ichigo needed to Bankai in order to stop him. Ichigo who took out VC's easily. I say Uryu is captain's level but only with his special arrow.

Recession hit us all hard

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member daman246's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ishida is above a regular VC but below a regular captain so hes probably at renjis lvl but below ichigo before ichigo went godmode

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jackk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Ishida could get access to his final quincy form again, at what level would you guys place him then?

Definitely at Captain level of some sort since he easily over powered Mayuri and his Bankai back in Soul society....but how strong would he be? what other Captains would he be able to defeat the way Ishida is now + his final quincy form ?

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast