Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Most under rated character in Bleach

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Most under rated character in Bleach

this aint a thread for worshipping characters like shunsui, yamma or aizen this is a thread to see who people think are a wrecking ball but are very over looked.

pick a character then explain why you think they under rated facts are welcome maybe not arguements .

my under rated character

Yumichika Ayasegawa

he might be a vain pretty boy with hints of gay but he is one dangerous mofo..his shikai is prob the most varied in attack and defence and not to be under estimated.

his zan- Ruri'iro Kujaku is good:
    1. drains reistu and releases it back
    2. the petals can be eaten to restore strength

and as he is best buds with ikkaku i acutally beleive he as got a bankai i doubt kubo would let ikkaku hide a bankai and not yumichika .

his fights he has won quite comfortable ( not including that plot rubbish with ganju).

hisagi he beat sound and his battle with Charlotte Cuuhlhourne he again beat quite easy.

why i think he could be very dangerous

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerneas's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most under rated character in Bleach

Yoruichi. Crazy part is that I'm only semi-joking about that.

Seriously though, Momo. She's really quite capable for a VC, and if it wasn't for her frail mental state, she could even be Captain material in the future. She has a good Zanpakutou and is very good at Kidou (I suspect Aizen had a lot to do with this). Totally put Rangiku to shame against the Halibabes. Unfortunately, most people just focus on her personality and think she should die.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arceus View Post
    Yoruichi. Crazy part is that I'm only semi-joking about that.

Seriously though, Momo. She's really quite capable for a VC, and if it wasn't for her frail mental state, she could even be Captain material in the future. She has a good Zanpakutou and is very good at Kidou (I suspect Aizen had a lot to do with this). Totally put Rangiku to shame against the Halibabes. Unfortunately, most people just focus on her personality and think she should die.
    momo didnt expect that
    ...i dunno bout momo i think it is her personality why not keen on her but i just dont see why she is VC really at the moment IMO. not seen any pure skill like the others apart from the useless VCs omedea and Iba...she has kidou yea i agree but didnt she say to harribels faccion she aint good enough and has to sneak kidou attack them something on that line..
    the main prob is yea i think now it is her personality she still doesnt understand aizen is evil hell he stabbed her but still doesnt hate him i bet after this arc she still thinks it all gins fault .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to agree with Arceus. Hinamori is definitely underrated, probably because she spent the better part of the story either recuperating or crying. Poor thing.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner wiwaneko's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the above posters on Hinamori, but I also think Tatsuki is a bit underrated as a character. She has a lot of potential and personality, but she doesn't get much show time. I think she could be a great character if she was more involved in the story.

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

If Tatsuki was the protagonist the story would have gained a lot.A strong willed heroine :-D I can even picture her while exchanging punches with her inner hollow lol
    HTatsuki:I won't lend u my power
    Tatsuki:do u think u have what it takes to beat me down??u fool..
    SBANG BANG,BOOM
    Tatsuki easy wins after smashing his hollow around...
    Poor Ichigo,he really has to learn from his best friend!

Anyway I agree with u guys,Hinamori is seriously underrated.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh, last year I woulda said Komamura since all that's happened to him is he started fighting with Kenpachi (but nobody was injured) and got his ass kicked by Aizen (like everybody did) with black coffin. But he's been a disappointment lately, so sadly (since I like Komamura's character), he's been unimpressive.

As for right now who I would say is most underrated, I would say perhaps Tessai. According to your definition: "a wrecking ball but are very over looked. " I would say that could be Tessai. When people mention help coming to FKT from real karakura town, I always hear these three first: Isshin, Yoruichi, Urahara. After that I hear Ryuken since he is Isshin's quincy counterpart. I never hear of Tessai though. Seems as if people forget that he used to be the kidou corps Captain.

I emphasize the because there is only one kidou corps, unlike the 13 squads of the gotei 13. Which suggests that Tessai could have been the best kidou user at the time of TBTP arc in all of SS saving perhaps only zero squad who we know nothing about. Plus, the man is mysterious, when he is called to meeting by Yama-jii, everybody is surprised by kidou corps involvement. Also, he was able to detect that Urahara was sneaking out even when he had the reiatsu hiding cloak on. Lastly he's shown some pretty top notch kidou with hadou 88 (aka, kamekameha of Bleach) and a special bakudou 99 (albeit with incantation, but he had time since the process of hollowification was not instantaneous). Not to mention his two forbidden abililties, to stop the passage of time in a certain area as well as to teleport an entire area to another location.

So yeah, I think he could definitely see Tessai being a wrecking ball, but nobody ever mentions him. Before Urahara and co. showed up to FKT (which if I may mention, we have yet to see Tessai show up), everybody was talking about Urahara, Yoruichi, Isshin, and Ryuken showing up to help the SS and Vizards fight Aizen, they always leave out Tessai it seems. That's why I think he is the most underrated.
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy01741 View Post
    Meh, last year I woulda said Komamura since all that's happened to him is he started fighting with Kenpachi (but nobody was injured) and got his ass kicked by Aizen (like everybody did) with black coffin. But he's been a disappointment lately, so sadly (since I like Komamura's character), he's been unimpressive.
    How has Sajin been unimpressive lately? It's not like he lost to any opponent who isn't ridiculously hax. Kaname's hollow form was overpowered, and Aizen still is too. So I would still say that Sajin is underrated. It's too bad he didn't recieve an espada opponent like some of the other captains, because I think he would have crushed them.
    Last edited by El Samurai Guapo; June 15, 2010 at 07:03 PM.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Rukia. She gets no love from MH or Kubo. She was the main character once upon a time only to be imprisoned and reintroduced as supporting cast. I love her shikai, the character, the attitude. Hopefully she gets more screen time next arc. And if there is a just and loving manga god she will stay non-hax

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Rukia at least took down an espada. Chad and Ishida on the other hand get zero love of late. Chad especially.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Chad, Ishida, and Renji are perfectly rated. They are designated fodder. I doubt anyone will argue

Ishida did have a great fight years and years ago so I guess I'm underrating him myself.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yachiru, to stand around in the super pressure of Kenpachi Zaraki all day and during his fights, speaks volumes. Plus the fact that she's strong enough to carry him around. We haven't seen much of her fighting, but she's probably strong as all hell, considering she's his Vice Captain. That's nuts.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member poobert's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Chad.

He is so much stronger than he used to be. After he evolved, he beat a privion in one punch. He had an easier time of it than both Ichi and Ishida. Then, he met Nnoi, and didn't do a great deal, but after Ichigo couldn't pierce him and we saw the trouble ken went through, I think his defeat wasn't that bad. Then he got partially beaten by Yammi. Another unfortunate battle.

He is like Koma. He gets one easy battle that he breezes through,and then kubo splatters him with matches he obviously will not win. Why did Koma get showcased against a damn fraccion? Then straight to Tousen who was so powerful that he needed a cheap shot to the head to kill.

He did this before in SS too. He gave Koma a 2 second match against ken where they don't even cross swords, and then he runs in to Aizen..... And look, the same happened to Chad. He had so many easy battles and was no where near exerted, and then he runs in to Shunsui.
    My blog. Not very interesting, but if you are bored and want to burn time, there are pages of junk to read!

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    Yachiru, to stand around in the super pressure of Kenpachi Zaraki all day and during his fights, speaks volumes. Plus the fact that she's strong enough to carry him around. We haven't seen much of her fighting, but she's probably strong as all hell, considering she's his Vice Captain. That's nuts.
    I forgot about Yachiru. If she were the strongest VC I would not be surprised. She scared the crap out of that messenger who came to tell Kenny that Aizen was killed. One look at her pissed off aura had the poor guy shaking.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Yachiru will forever be stuck in the same role as Unohana: everyone acknowledges she's strong, but we'll never get to see her in action.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast