Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Metallica Metalluca by Mizuno Teruaki

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate Metallica Metalluca by Mizuno Teruaki

Metallica Metalluca by Mizuno Teruaki
    Genre: Action, Advernture
    Serialized: Weekly Shonen Jump
    Summary and Preview: In a world where rare metals drive the economy, "Minea", the people who seek out these metals at the risk of their own life, are highly respected. A strange boy called Ruka has wandered destructively into the failing town of Elza, declaring that his goal is to be a Minea! He ends up under the surveillance of a village girl, Shella, whose little brother is sick from a poison gas accident in the town's now-closed mine. But there may be more to this situation than meets the eye! Will Ruka be able to help his new friends, and maybe one day become a legendary Minea?
    [tethysdust]

Chapter 1 has been scaned.
    Last edited by Akiyama; September 10, 2010 at 09:41 AM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [NEW] Metallica Metalluca by Mizuno Teruaki

Not a bad manga...it has plenty potential to grow into something great if its given enough time. Though judging only on the first chapter, I'm not impressed. It just feels like a standard never-ending Jump adventure manga. I'll keep reading though hoping for the best.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad Jump finally has another happy-go-lucky adventure series. Recently all of the series have been going down the "darker and edgier" route, including One Piece and Naruto, so this series is really nostalgic of the late 90s.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

It may be a mistake to judge a manga from only one chapter, but honestly I don't think this is going to be something impressive (there are some typical cliches and I already can't stand the hero), though I'd love to be proved wrong later.

Scanlator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner zetsubou.shin's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously now, am i the only one thinking of Dragon Ball and Rave Master?
    I like the manga and it really does have potential...but i don't see a "serious" story developing.

Negative Syndicate

I pretty like this series, so far. But I'm not sure how it going to do when it got ranked.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member fizban's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I could see this series doing well. It seems like Bleach, Naruto, and Reborn each seem to be heading towards some form of end-game scenario (not to mention HxH going on hiatus again). A new adventure series could definitely help fill the void in Jump.

Luca wanting to be a Minea reminds me of Gon wanting to become a hunter or Ed becoming a State Alchemist. It was something that they worked for, but was really more of a launching point for the series. If MM lasts for a full year I am sure we will see the story really grow.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup, this thing's definitely the next DBZ. It fits in with the "new mangaka born to surpass legendary mangaka once every 10 years or so."

Negative Syndicate

I'm not sure this series can become as big as Dragonball, like lots of people say. I think I'll give some more time for Metallica.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

*Ahem*, need I remind you that DBZ ran for 10-15 years?? Look at Naruto, it already ran for 10 years and is soon to be ending in about 3-4 years. When it stops, Metallica may very well take over the baton that Kishi passed on.

Scanlator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner zetsubou.shin's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't mean it resembles it in terms of awesomeness or anything like that. But part of the story and art reminds me of it. It will need a lot to rival any of the series it resembles.

For the moment it's just a good read but it's nothing special for the moment.

Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I got major flashbacks of Dragonball when I read the second chapter. The chick is basically a clone of Bulma. She's a few years older than the main character just like Bulma was compared to "little" Goku. She's a treasure hunter (sort of like Bulma), and she wants to use the main character's powers to help her on her selfish quest. She also has an urge to boast about her beautiful womanized "adult" body just like Bulma was, and the main character (Ruka, Luca or whatever) is pretty much just like Goku was too. Ignorant, innocent, carefree, strong and reckless. Though that trait goes for the majority of all main characters in Jump, so that's not that big a deal. The biggest Dragonball influence seems to be the relationship between Luca and the chick (did we get her name?), and the fact that she's just like Bulma.

All in all the series had a good start though, even if it may be very similar to Dragonball (which should be a good thing really). The first chapter wasn't that special to me, I actually enjoyed the second one far more. I find the metal centric world concept pretty creative and interesting too. Was fun seeing metal being used for everyday tasks like boiling water etc. It'll be fun to see how the author makes use of metal in the future. So far the series seems interesting enough for me. Maybe I found it so interesting and catchy because I loved Dragonball, especially in the start. So we'll have to see how it develops. The series actually surprised me in a good way.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member LuffyCloud's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

A serie called after my most favourite band Metallica must be good xD.
    No, really. The first chapter was okay. Not something special or something worst. It was nice to reade and the hero is kind of cool. He looks so typical. Let`s see if this manga will live long enough to show us his potential.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wallpaper from shonenjump's website, also available in smaller sizes.

1440 x 900

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jinoh's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really liking this manga so far, and judging from the raws it looks like it's gonna be one fun manga

Edit: I've read the first two scanlated chapters now. I'M ALREADY SOLD
    Last edited by Jinoh; May 29, 2010 at 07:24 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast