Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

Another Hiatus after this week. What will be the fate of this section?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hiatus

Who knows.... Hopefully it will be a hiatus similar to what the big 3 go through every 2 months or so and we will get a chapter week after next (wishful thinking)....

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member isrnick's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Who knows.... Hopefully it will be a hiatus similar to what the big 3 go through every 2 months or so and we will get a chapter week after next (wishful thinking)....
    No, doesn't looks like this will be the case... kewl0210 posted this on nexgear forum:

"I got the raw from mangastream, since I translate for them. I'm not allowed to post it though. But the spoilers are right.
    It's cool, too bad it's going on hiatus again. They don't say anything about how long it would be, just the usual "This manga will be going on hiatus for a while from this issue. Please understand. News of the continuation will be announced in the magazine.""
    Last edited by isrnick; May 27, 2010 at 01:13 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably off playing some other games, like ff14 beta or something.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bludvein's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

sigh. I wouldnt be at all upset if the guy actually had a good reason for the hiatus', but the only information about it seems to lean towards him just taking breaks to hang out since hes rich anyway.

Really, has anyone actually found any article about health problems?

Despite that, hes the highest payed mangaka in Jump with all the benefits, and gets immediately serialized whenever he feels like working.>.<

It wouldve been nice if he couldve atleast finished the arc first..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bludvein View Post
    sigh. I wouldnt be at all upset if the guy actually had a good reason for the hiatus', but the only information about it seems to lean towards him just taking breaks to hang out since hes rich anyway.

Despite that, hes the highest payed mangaka in Jump with all the benefits, and gets immediately serialized whenever he feels like working.>.<

Nah man, last year Togashi had a new born son. He was mostly taking care of him enjoying his growth you know. Being a father. This time I'm not sure what it is but he seriously should have finished this arc first.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ish3 View Post
    Nah man, last year Togashi had a new born son. He was mostly taking care of him enjoying his growth you know. Being a father. This time I'm not sure what it is but he seriously should have finished this arc first.
    but isnt his wife like stay home mom? Not like she's doing sailor moon anytime soon. if it is just taking care of the kid he could do like 1 chap /2 weeks or something but not long hiatuses? but i agree it is bad timing but then again i *suppose* it is OK spot to break since the next series of chapters will be gon vs king...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shouryuujo View Post
    but isnt his wife like stay home mom? Not like she's doing sailor moon anytime soon. if it is just taking care of the kid he could do like 1 chap /2 weeks or something but not long hiatuses? but i agree it is bad timing but then again i *suppose* it is OK spot to break since the next series of chapters will be gon vs king...
    I just don't like the indefinite side of it. Like he should at least say when it's coming back. Then it wouldn't bother me at much. It's expected as of now.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

so is it hiatus again? or just 1 week break?

"please understand" ???

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If a reason was given it'd be more understandable. Plus I kinda dislike how the current arc has gone especially in the most recent chapters. Wtf was up with gons design, I cant understand the bruce banner to hulk transformation but lol whats with that stupid 100 feet of hair.

I wonder why they just dont cancel it at times, making 10-30 chapters then taking a break for months & repeating it.

Vintage Reboot 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity vintagemistakes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by twasdfzxcv View Post
    Another Hiatus after this week. What will be the fate of this section?
    The hiatus is certainly a negative when it comes to HxH having its own section. However, at this time, we have no plans to get rid of it. HxH still has a ton of material that can be discussed and we look forward to its eventual return (hopefully sooner rather than later).

Other than that, lets not turn this thread into a "agony" thread about the hiatus. It is what it is. Instead, how do these breaks effect your overall opinion of the story? Do you feel that they take away from what is otherwise a very interesting story or do they have no impact whatsoever?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member naruto91's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

i decided...i LOVE this manga (it's one of my favourites), but these hiatus are really annoying..."Please understand"...at least he could tell us the reasons...i'm sorry, but i'll drop that manga. if one day i'll read something like "hxh will finish" or something similar, i'll read it for sure. i don't want to read a manga that i won't see its ending in my life. sayonara togashi, you lost another reader ^^

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bludvein View Post

...I thought it was a well-known fact that he had some severe health problems. He's known to have some nasty back condition where it hurts a LOT to sit over a drawing board and I've also heard talk about his health-many speculate it's heart-related.

Haven't seen any news articles on the nature of those problems m'self, but then again I live in the US and there's not really much coverage of mangaka in our media.

I have, however, found updates and articles saying that he has vague health problems or illnesses. I'd imagine they're not releasing everything for privacy reasons as well.
    Last edited by Shinichiro; May 28, 2010 at 07:00 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinichiro View Post
    ...I thought it was a well-known fact that he had some severe health problems. He's known to have some nasty back condition where it hurts a LOT to sit over a drawing board and I've also heard talk about his health-many speculate it's heart-related.

Haven't seen any news articles on the nature of those problems m'self, but then again I live in the US and there's not really much coverage of mangaka in our media.

I have, however, found updates and articles saying that he has vague health problems or illnesses. I'd imagine they're not releasing everything for privacy reasons as well.
    I think I saw some rumor saying that he was spotted participating in comic con and wrote about being addicted to online game in one of the volumes.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Is togashi really sick? I have heard that before but only as unconfirmed rumors. I thought the general consensus about the hiatuses was that those were kinda his thing and he was taking care of his family.

New Reply
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast