Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by BurnSchulz View Post
    I bought and read th latest Volume last week. And it was hinted that Pariston wanted to do something special with the 5000 Nn Fighting Ants. It has something to do with the Hunter Exam.

Take a look:
    SPOILER X SPOILER!!!
    Spoiler show

But - Gin might be wrong and since we all know that Pariston is a Partner of Beyond Netero i can also be the case that they want to use themto successfully invade the dark Continent.
    It can also be that some of the People there are some of thse cocoon soldiers too?
    Spoiler show

Anyways - I can recommend to everyone to re-read the last arc before reading the upcoming Chapter 341 because there are some details to find that we might have forgotten about. (Like this one)
    yea, but I still don't get why we would go into the whole hunter exam thing again...plus what gon be restrained from a lot of hunter activities since he no longer has his license? so will this be a way for him to get a license again even though it's against the 10 hunter commandments?

By the way, in the lastest chapters, we can see Gon's silhouette with Kaito's research team... anyone think Gon will be a contract hunter?

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    yea, but I still don't get why we would go into the whole hunter exam thing again...plus what gon be restrained from a lot of hunter activities since he no longer has his license? so will this be a way for him to get a license again even though it's against the 10 hunter commandments?

By the way, in the lastest chapters, we can see Gon's silhouette with Kaito's research team... anyone think Gon will be a contract hunter?
    its easy...
    5.000 eggs. hunter exam.
    about 600 hunters in earth...
    change the rules of the exam.
    5.000 new hunters under pariston commands...

pariston new king of the world...

when did gon loose his license?

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kenosecon View Post
    its easy...
    5.000 eggs. hunter exam.
    about 600 hunters in earth...
    change the rules of the exam.
    5.000 new hunters under pariston commands...

pariston new king of the world...

when did gon loose his license?
    Gon never lost his license. He did pawn it...but he got it back.
    Kite forgot Ging's license at Whale Island in the manga
    and Gon returns that to Ging. In the anime Kite gives Gon
    Ging's license to give to Ging.

Also Gon was shown in silhouette with the research team
    because way earlier Spinner (bubblegum girl) was talking
    about some cool nature scene and they were all watching it
    so it was kinda a big happy moment for everyone. (Except Kurapika)

That said, I would love to see more of the research team.
    They seemed interesting and with Killua gone a lot of the
    chemistry that really sold HxH won't be there.
    Gon needs some kids his age to interact with. Research team can do that
    and since they're already established it won't feel forced like making
    brand new characters for that purpose.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So which date is the manga returning on?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jmizzle View Post
    So which date is the manga returning on?
    The manga returned already. 2 new chapters are out.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner belo's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Is he gonna do 10 chapters and go on hiatus ? or is he doing more ?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by belo View Post
    Personally, I believe we should look at past hiatus patterns--which would imply that he will go on hiatus again around sept/oct, and then resume jan/feb. However, I hope he doesn't do that to the fans.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Invertroid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When I saw the title of this thread pop up today, I almost thought it meant that Hiatus X Hiatus would resume this month.

I'm hoping against all logic that Togashi will have an unusually long run this time. I mean, look at his recent chapters. His art is at its best. He's setting up all kinds of cool plot threads and character interactions. All of this suggests that he has high motivation this time around. Maybe he will surprise us?

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The arts probably so good because he had such a long hiatus

Quote Originally Posted by belo View Post
    He hasn't done such a short serialization in years. The last serialization was for 30 chapters. Before that was twenty. When he did ten at a time, he'd do two serializations a year. One in the spring, the other in the fall, totaling twenty chapters.
    Last edited by Kaiten; June 18, 2014 at 10:31 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for an off topic post , but I simply had to say the name of this thread made me laugh so hard .

Witty/10

XD

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 4

So I thought Japanese people were hard-working and responsible. What about Togashi? He works like 30 weeks every 2 years?

What, is he the President of the Manga Company and acts like one? Isn't there cosequenses for this kind of behavior?

Even the most talented athlete/mangaka/artists have deadlines or else they go to unemployment. Im geniunely interested in whats really going on

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freak27 View Post
    So I thought Japanese people were hard-working and responsible. What about Togashi? He works like 30 weeks every 2 years?

What, is he the President of the Manga Company and acts like one? Isn't there cosequenses for this kind of behavior?

Even the most talented athlete/mangaka/artists have deadlines or else they go to unemployment. Im geniunely interested in whats really going on
    Why do you complain, if you're not even knowing all the stuff around his hiatuses?
    First of all, he wasnt doing nothing within his hiatuses. He redrawn all the chapters which came out scetchy within the shonen jump releases, so that the Manga Volume releases will have his brilliant art as always. - Sadly enough though that 98% of the internet community only know the scetchy chapters, not the redrawn ones.
    Second - most of his hiatusses - especially the early ones - were because of some serious illness issues. You cant complain about that!

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

As I said, im geniunely interested in the truth.

I didn't see any complaining there.

And my question remains, what about continuity? How is it acceptable from manga and TV publishers NOT publich any manga or have any anime to Air? Dont thay want money, doesn't he have a contract? Why all the othher Mangaka have to work until they are sick, but he especially do what he wants and redraws, and redraws without any consequences?

That's my question
    Last edited by freak27; June 24, 2014 at 02:37 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freak27 View Post
    As I said, im geniunely interested in the truth.

I didn't see any complaining there.

And my question remains, what about continuity? How is it acceptable from manga and TV publishers NOT publich any manga or have any anime to Air? Dont thay want money, doesn't he have a contract? Why all the othher Mangaka have to work until they are sick, but he especially do what he wants and redraws, and redraws without any consequences?
    That's my question
    Togashi is not the only one taking hiatuses without consequences. I can cite you other mangakas in this case, he is just the only one in SJ doing it.

His first ones were due to diseases but now I doubt about it, he must be healthy ATM since he even drops his kids at school.

We don't know much about his private life, we are not supposed to know.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Togashi is not the only one taking hiatuses without consequences. I can cite you other mangakas in this case, he is just the only one in SJ doing it.

His first ones were due to diseases but now I doubt about it, he must be healthy ATM since he even drops his kids at school.

We don't know much about his private life, we are not supposed to know.
    Back in the YYH days they worked him like a slave until he had ammonia went to the hospital and was in a serious condition. He was forced to end the manga without properly ending it. So when he came back with HxH under the impression it was a success I think at some point he signed a contract with WSJ so he can do as he pleases and the point of illness or being sick. He's constantly sick on and off due to his past irregular work schedules. There's interviews and even a well drawn manga short Togashi drew as himself and his editor back in 94 which explained why he had to end YYH and made it clear he worked under inhumane conditions and pushed thru his sickness which put him in the situation he was in. I think it's one of those labor situations honestly so they didn't get a lawsuit or something. Personally I think in the 90s dragonball was ending and just like with OP there was pressure to make a popular story that would keep the high sales of SJ. But yea his health is top priority he's not a young mangaka anymore either he's in his late 40s and people tend to forget that too. But yea I know for a fact when he started hiatuses it was illness and then the birth of his child he didn't want to miss out on. Honestly he deserves that privilege given all this time. I personally couldn't work for a company that betrayed me back in my young days but they made up for it. You either love his work or move on. Complaining will get you no where especially for people who read for free and don't buy his products.
    Last edited by ish3; June 24, 2014 at 11:53 PM.
    Mr. Wonderland
    Psn: verbalinter39

myanimelist.net/Ishmael

New Reply
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22