Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiatus X Hiatus

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hiatus

Best solution for me was to just move on from this manga altogether. I'm not saying I won't read it if it comes out, but I removed my thinking of it being in the top of my list. The manga started in 1998. That's 13 years (676 weeks minimum when counting March 1998 to March 2011) and only 310 chapters to show for it. It'd be one thing if it were larger chapters, but this was a weekly shounen manga.

The man is good at what he does, but is clearly busy. Since that's the case, I had to look at it realistically and just left it alone. The hiatus is now more expected than chapter releases, so no point in stressing over it.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

HxH isn't going to continue for another year or so based on what's happening in Japan. With the entire nuclear disaster that's still going on, other manga with story lines involving nuclear matter has been put on hiatus / storyline forcibly changed.

I doubt it's going to be any different for HxH.

On a side note, I just realized that Berserk has more chapters published than HxH.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner madara555's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe togashi worked at his drawing style even i like it could be a little bit better
    What I really love at most at hunter x hunter drawing are the emotion

btw i think there will be just 1 hunter who just be able to beat the king Gin Freecs maybe he finishs the king and then dissappears again ,there while gon is recovering so he couldnt see him
    this would make for me sense

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WickedNeko View Post
    HxH isn't going to continue for another year or so based on what's happening in Japan. With the entire nuclear disaster that's still going on, other manga with story lines involving nuclear matter has been put on hiatus / storyline forcibly changed.

I doubt it's going to be any different for HxH.

On a side note, I just realized that Berserk has more chapters published than HxH.
    The whole nuclear bomb thing was a one chapter thing. I would think that matter is resolved. Even then the rose was not specifically said to be a nuclear bomb.

Anyways, the earthquake is not even remotely a good excuse for this manga to not continue. If it does not then it will be for whatever reason it did not go on before, not because of the earthquake.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think best solution is to hope the mangaka run out of money so he has to go back to work?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member HumanRage's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

^ unfortunately, since he got gazillions of cash from yuyu, and married a mangaka as rich as him, i don't think that can happen.

some artists care about the essence of Arts, some are just regular employees. togashi couldn't care less about his readers, most of the time, hiatuses were because of console RPGs getting retail.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if it comes back, will it be as good as before?

I doubt it. The chimera arc is a mistake itself. A power up that high leaves very little scope for interesting development in the future. Its sad cos this manga had the potential to compete with the big 3.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hokageji View Post

I doubt it. The chimera arc is a mistake itself. A power up that high leaves very little scope for interesting development in the future. Its sad cos this manga had the potential to compete with the big 3.
    Oh, I also think that. I liked it at first...But it somehow went too far. TOO FAR.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I somehow can understand you but seriously the chimera arc isn't a complete mistake. But it leaves a bitter taste compared to the previous arcs in my opinion. Well if Togashi puts some efforts into it then he could definetly make that power up an excuse to let Leorio (who aims to become a Nen doctor) into the main storyline again. But the fact that he didn't write off the King after he got nuked at point blank range and even made him more powerful then at the beginning..... to be honest only Togahsi knows how to resolve this.

Credits:Shinsatsu

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

The chimera arc is a mistake itself. A power up that high leaves very little scope for interesting development in the future. Its sad cos this manga had the potential to compete with the big 3.
    Its pretty obvious the elder wasn't the strongest person/human, it was hinted countless times, and the mention of silent type hunters whom don't interact with other much leaves the the option of having plenty of people who could be stronger. Meaning, there is still plenty room for growth if the young cast is intended to become the strongest.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

The chimera arc is a mistake mainly because it is been in hiatus for over this past few years... If the chimera arc is drawn weekly like the OP,Naruto, Bleach I doubt you can say it is a mistake... The hiatus makes us believe that this arc is a mistake ^^..

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ~Andrew~'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The first time i read an article about him going on hiatus was about his illnes or generally his health. I felt sorry for him, but as someone else here said: I had to erase HxH from my thoughts because i endured 2 hiatus(es?) before. Okay in other, more simple words, i thought everyday about HxH and was happy when it returns, but got even more desperate when he went on Hiatus after his normal work amount of 10 Chaps.
    Now i only read my all-time favorites like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Claymore(sometimes) and my new favorite Toriko, which i startet to read 2009/2010. It's kinda taking HxH place., Toriko is something like a HxHhunter too, is it just me or are the two mangas similar in a few ways?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Some crazy muscled bodies, "strange"^^ characters, a world with odd monsters and enemies. They certainly have something in common.

I read about him being ill too some years back, but with his history of breaks, it may be just an excuse from Shueisha. He's free to draw how much he ever wants and can easily live of his past works/wife. I would love to see it continued, an assistent did post that it would come back this fall, but deleted it afterwards. Hope is all I got left for the series.
    Firm but Fair

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh, I don't bite Toriko. I'm all up with strange characters, but what really got me into HxH was Nen and how complex and simple is in the same time. A system that beats any other manga power system.

Odd monsters and enemies it's something I'm actually seeing more and more often.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    I somehow can understand you but seriously the chimera arc isn't a complete mistake. But it leaves a bitter taste compared to the previous arcs in my opinion. Well if Togashi puts some efforts into it then he could definetly make that power up an excuse to let Leorio (who aims to become a Nen doctor) into the main storyline again. But the fact that he didn't write off the King after he got nuked at point blank range and even made him more powerful then at the beginning..... to be honest only Togahsi knows how to resolve this.
    Yes, thats a good point, showing Kurapica and Leorio's growth would be important aspects, but I doubt if even togashi could resolve the current arc. If he does, he is amazing.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    Its pretty obvious the elder wasn't the strongest person/human, it was hinted countless times, and the mention of silent type hunters whom don't interact with other much leaves the the option of having plenty of people who could be stronger. Meaning, there is still plenty room for growth if the young cast is intended to become the strongest.
    Netero was the strongest Nen user over the past 50 years. Thats what was said about him. The only people comparable would be the Zoldycks, Gons dad and members of the spider.

Hunter x Hunter is about the chase, and the trail Gin set for Gon. After showing Netero die to the King chimera, the only thing that remains is finding Gin, I know that would be interesting, but it would be better to show surpass other HxH with each arc rather than one.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tobeulp View Post
    The chimera arc is a mistake mainly because it is been in hiatus for over this past few years... If the chimera arc is drawn weekly like the OP,Naruto, Bleach I doubt you can say it is a mistake... The hiatus makes us believe that this arc is a mistake ^^..
    No, I think the arc is a mistake. It went on too long, togashi went overboard with the power ups.
    Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast