Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Birth of a God

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Itamachi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Birth of a God

I rewatched Hunter x Hunter (For obvious reasons) and had fun watching the Chimera Ant arc all over again (Honestly my fav arc followed closely by York New). And i just had the most radical thought.

Let's assume the fight between Meruem and Netero played out the exact same way. (Cept no rose) and Meruem actually DEVOURED Netero and received his own version of Bodhisattva? (We know that meruem gets an enhanced version of the Nen from the people he devours).

Meruem + Bodhisattva ? Would there even be any hope for the rest of the world? *Short of Alluka that is*

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Birth of a God

Hum... I don't think Meruem would have gained Hyakushiki Kannon, only his aura. Pouf and Youpi's comments make me believe that only their abilities(and Pitou) were accessible to him. Though he only ate one human Nen user and we don't know if he had mastered Hatsu or not...
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright, that is a very solid string of logic. But let's play on the unknown. Let's assume that from what we gathered he gains his own 'spin off' of the abilities that he devours. Would you think (short of a rose and Alluka) the hunter world would have even the slightest chance vs the King?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

That little creepy kid: Sir, may I have half of your head please!

Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Meruem + Bodhisattva ? Would there even be any hope for the rest of the world? *Short of Alluka that is*
    Meruem was already fast enough to penetrate Neteros defense once he
    figured out his bias and the attacks were to weak to damage him...

Using Alluka to kill a very strong person wouldn't be very smart anyway
    since getting a million in cash already results in dozens of dead...

I think if Netero would have failed than the
    World's strongest would have moved against him and finished
    him in a more creative way just think about Kurapika or
    Chrollo or the Zoldyck family.

Or maybe with M's character becomming obvious and acceptable many
    people would have gathered under his flag?

Also you forget about the fights against his royal guards how
    would they end? All guards dead/retreat after Neteros dead becomes
    evident/Hunters getting wiped out and very importent for M
    what about his favourite human's fate?
    That's the problem with changing history so many things to
    be accounted for.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the boditsava would have been useful to meruem. The thing was in general impractical to fight for anyone except netero. Its not that netero was strong because of the boditsava, the boditsava was useful because netero used it. It was even a point made in the manga, the motions which netero used to attack with the thing would normally result in the death of the user. The process to attack with the thing was like this:

1.- Praying motion
    2.- Attack motion
    3.- Repeat

Basically netero had to prey once before he could execute an attack with kannon. Kannon was an effective weapon because netero himself had asinine speed to the point where the king himself could barely react to it at all, he had to wait until he had a chance to get to netero (as he did to get his arm and leg). So... would netero be insanely strong with kannon? Of course not, meruem is far slower than netero. If anything kanon would weaken him. I guess that to normal high level nen users it would be a problem because in any scenario meruem is incomprehensibly stronger than one but even then it would weaken him since it would put his attacks a step behind all the time. For kannon to work for meruem as it did for netero meruem would have to become at least as far as netero's prayer was. Otherwise it just weakens him.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Captain Sicarius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

We still don't know anything about the manga and we have to speculate a lot, its so sad really... I'd like to think that alluka have to recharge his powers with requests, so nanika can't do powerful things now that Killua used most of Nanika's power without requests; lol I don't know I wish this manga had almost 800 episodes like OP have right now...

Nanika's requests now after Gon's wish must be something ridiculous. I like to think it works this way its way too deus ex the way it is right now, and doesn't make Killua so ridiculous OP controlling something with absolutely no drawbacks.

I think if Meruem absorved Netero thus Bodhisattva he would have also reached enlightment and wouldn't be a threat to mankind any longer.
    Last edited by Captain Sicarius; October 18, 2014 at 07:56 PM.
    Sorry, no matter how much you try you can not ignore yourself.
    Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't think the boditsava would have been useful to meruem. The thing was in general impractical to fight for anyone except netero. Its not that netero was strong because of the boditsava, the boditsava was useful because netero used it. It was even a point made in the manga, the motions which netero used to attack with the thing would normally result in the death of the user. The process to attack with the thing was like this:

1.- Praying motion
    2.- Attack motion
    3.- Repeat
    Well from what I've seen of Meruem's ability to 'gain' people's Hatsu (Details of which are sketch because he never fully fought with the gained skills) is that the requirements to use them slightly change to suit Meruem. Aka Youpi's rage incarnate. He has to be in a place of extreme emotional tension to be able to use the ability, Meruem can use it when completely calm (aka the test shot of the skill) Secondly he seems to gain the users innate understanding of the skill. Like when he merged Pouf's mind/emotion reading ability with his En so he could find the person best suited to answer his questions in pursuit of Komugi, or when he knew exactly how to break his aura in to particles and find a target using it's emotional spectrum to hone in on it + the way the aura bubbles read the person's mind (When he found Palm) and as well as his completely in grained knowledge of how to use the transformation skill from Youpi. Maybe the skill he'd inheret from absorbing Netero isn't perfectly the same, and the requirements to use it might change to fit him, maybe he won't have to pray before launching an attack. And It'd be excellent on Meruem if you ask him. I mean even tho he was born with hellishly fast speed and absurd strength, he seems like a man(bug) that thinks moves through carefully as to not leave any openings (Gungi) so, maybe his way of using it would actually be a total defense? With his gungi he'd be able to predict enemy attacks and use the Hatsu (with a stated infinite amount of defensive patterns) to hold his ground effectively, or launch an attack in the middle of zipping around the battle field to blind side an opponent with it's power.

However, it's all about the speculation in this Thread:

And I agree, IF the king won he'd probably find himself with a newly found respect for humans plus Netero's 'peaceful' aura would become a part of him, and enlightenment would certainly be an outcome (He's already pretty logically against further 'unnecessary' conflict anyway). But on the flip side, even during the fight with Netero, Meruem said he'd want to rule humans simply due to the fact that if left to their own devices humans would ruin the planet and themselves, he'd be selective about which ones he ate, and he'd govern them so they wouldn't die out.

And maybe the Zoldycks + the Zodiacs? We haven't seen alot of their abilities, and Netero clearly admits to not being the strongest hunter in the world, his son and/or the Zodiacs are probably who he was referring to.
    Last edited by Itamachi; October 19, 2014 at 02:13 PM.

New Reply