Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Petition for HxH story by Yoshihiro Togashi, Art by....

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Petition for HxH story by Yoshihiro Togashi, Art by....

So, as we all know, going by the "current" release rate HxH, the manga will probably not be finished within the author's lifetime.

I’m sure someone inside Jump already proposed this to Togashi, but probably for the obvious reason that he wants this work to belong to him and him alone, he refused. All this can hopefully change with some (massive) outside "pressure".

I purpose someone with knowledge on how organize medium/large scale petitions steps forward and does it, and then we market it everywhere as best as we can (the new anime brought in a very large intake of fans) and if it takes off we have to somehow make it reach the ears of shonen jump and Togashi.

I have no idea how to do it nor the numbers necessary for it to be taken seriously, so I’m searching for people willing and able to make it happen.

That are seriously few drawbacks from this change. I can’t see any, although have to state i could care less about the art as long as it does the job the author wants it to do.

The positive changes:

The author shares his story with his readers, hopefully within his lifetime (and ours lol)

The author helps the redistribution of wealth (non imaginative manga artists also need a higher paying job than assistant...)

The author has more time to think, so less “lag” between arcs and probably better story flow

The author can still outline the panels and stuff, so that HIS vision for the telling of the story gets fulfilled, but entailing a tenth of the work (and the health deteoration).

If the serialization goes smoothly HxH can reach top levels of popularity, more people start reading it, more people become smarter because of the actual challenge that is to be a HxH reader , the world is a better place.

So let us make it happen guys .

/Discuss and /DO IT

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Petition for HxH story by Yoshihiro Togashi, Art by....

I'm not contrary, but i think will not work.

Petitions works with government, because they care about people opinions. A petition for Togashi it's tell him there are lots of hardcore fans to his story, and being hardcore fans they will continue reading the story no matter what. It will give no pressure to him, instead the opposite effect. And if HE dies, and WE'll not get the story complete, it's not his problem.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont pretend to be bad neither troll but something like this is a "bad idea" and never for any reason would remotely happen.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Antxon Kolokon's Avatar
    Country
    Basque Country
    Post Thanks / Like

This is complete nonsens. HxH is a work by Togashi, and it must stay the same.
    A different artist will be unable to draw the uniqueness of the characters. It will lose its soul.
    And I'm sure that, like myself, there will be thousands of people who would stop buying it.
    So, no.

I'm sure noone in Shuesha has ever though about that idea, just because it is highly disrespectful with Togashi.
    I'm not against Togashi hiring asistants, but then again, if he's against it, there's nothing to do.

If you really love HxH, you know how disrespectful the whole deal is.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Even Jump didn't succeed, how could we?

I will be willing to help if there are volunteers but I am 100% sure it won't work.

And also, I don't want a new artist.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the proposal is valid. It also I dont believe it can do any harm.

But Togashi can be simply lacking ideas. It is hard to believe it is just laziness (considering the health issues are just loose excuses)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kulugo's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

aren't american comics (marvel, dc, archie, dark horse, etc) are drawn and written by a couple of people and not just one?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Some mangas have an artist/writer combo as well, in fact Bakuman is pretty much focused on the growth of two friends that work to become a published series in shonen via an artist/writer combo.

Honestly speaking combos like that are usually very nicely done since there is less stress put on the single unit working to produce a piece of work that is forced to evolve based on popularity.

Long story short in the manga mangaka could create unpublished chapters because they have to go back and change the story to improve their ranking, they can't guarantee the product they produced weeks in advance will even be used and may even have to go back and alter things based on the polls.

For a writer/artist combo this isn't so bad but think about artist like Kubo Tite that have to think of the story, the rough draft(name) and then the complete work and if the chapters they made to follow the story they had in mind aren't working out they have to redo the work they put into place weeks ahead of time which is another reason why schedules are so tight for mangaka.

While this isn't so much of an issue for Togashi cause honestly I doubt he actually needs to ever change his story based on popularity, it is a sad truth that some mangaka have to change their story for the sake of popularity.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Antxon Kolokon View Post
    I'm sure noone in Shuesha has ever though about that idea, just because it is highly disrespectful with Togashi.
    I am sure it's quite the opposite. However, unlike beginner artists Togashi doesn't need to follow orders in order to have food on his table. For instance Eiichiro Oda also said he always asks new editors to not give oppinions on his stories and back off.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

New Reply