Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiatus X Hiatus

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hiatus

I don't think we've ever gotten a solid confirmation on the rumors as to why Togashi has long hiatuses, I mean the health rumors are just run of the mill already (what dampens its credibility is the fact that Togashi was seen at some convention in good health when the health rumor was circulating). As for family well... he had a long hiatus prior to his wife's pregnancy and perhaps it extended when she got pregnant. I think we only had the whole Togashi caring for his family info when he wrote it down in the sleeve of an HXH volume. Long story short Jump's pretty secretive as to what his reasons are.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiro-kun's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

There are multiple speculations .....

1.) he's sick again ...
    2.) he has a kid take care of
    3.) he wants to play an new video game
    4.) he is re-drawing the manga chapters for takubon release
    5.) he just wants to take a break for the sake of taking a break

there just speculation ..., who knows what he wants to do rumors fly around and get distorted or sent out of proportion.

I hope he comes back in a few months though :\ first time i read HxH was right before the Major Hiatus so i wonder ...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dive's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro-kun View Post
    first time i read HxH was right before the Major Hiatus so i wonder ...
    I think it's in the best interest in all of the HxH fans if you stopped reading until the series is over.
    To die by your side
    Well, the pleasure - the privilege is mine

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, togashi said he was going to work harder this year but publishing to volumes in a row hardly counts..... Last year he did two in a year I think so I guess it is very possible he'd do at least 2 more volumes this year so perhaps the manga would be back by the end of the summer.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiro-kun's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dive View Post
    I think it's in the best interest in all of the HxH fans if you stopped reading until the series is over.
    whats the fun in that?

being critical and cynical is different if you been wondering what ive been sayin on thread threads lately

but anyways i dont agonize over the fact of hiatuses for too long, its just his way it seems

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love if He's re drawing some parts, because...Well, you know.

Anyway, I'm used to this so I don't care much. After...what? 6 or 7 hiatus? I just wait for them.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Refraction's Avatar
    Country
    Iceland
    Post Thanks / Like

HUNTERxHUNTER releases have been intermittent since the series started, but he seems to be concentrating his "off" periods into solid blocks, these days, rather than staying down for seven weeks, then releasing a chapter, then taking three weeks, and so forth. The scenario we have now is probably preferable to the former arrangement, when he was sometimes guilty of submitting an 8-page chapter.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully he's just redrawing scenes, but I said that before he went on the big hiatus, so...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't mind the bad drawing scene that much, as long as it is fix when the volume version came up. I buy all the volumes anyway.

As for the hiatus, I really hope it's not long. I was getting happy about consistent chapter (getting past the 10 mark, like the way hiatus start in chapter 270, 280, 290), but bang! One more hiatus again...
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, i was just getting excited again with hxh, then boom, another hiatus. lately, im even more excited with a hxh chapter than with a naruto's but oh well. sooner or later, id forget about hxh again, then, hopefully by then, there'd already be a few chaps of hxh to read.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member brigid001's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with most people in saying that this hiatus is a disappointment. I had actually just caught up to the manga recently. I think it was about a year ago when i first watched the anime, and did not know the manga was still ongoing. I was thrilled when i found out and caught up in 2 weeks i think . It's a pity that there's another hiatus but hopefully it won't be too long. This will be my first experience of a long hiatus, just as i was enjoying the story so much.

On another note i think this would be a perfect time to announce a new anime/ova. Lol i know i've set my hopes high lol but it would be a nice feeling to feel the void and maybe it would encourage Togashi to come back. I really wanna see the chimera ant arc so bad, due to me watching my dvd boxsets of hxh and reminding me of how awesome it is
    Fave Manga:
    20th Century Boys, Alive:The Final Evolution, Bokurano, Hunter x Hunter, Kamisama no Iutoori, Liar Game, Reborn,
    Shingeki no Kyojin, Shinigamisama ni Saigo no Onegai wo, Zetman.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Refraction's Avatar
    Country
    Iceland
    Post Thanks / Like

If we do get a new OVA, I really hope they get Furuhashi back as director; I wasn't all that fond of the directors for Greed Island. Furuhashi inputted some splendid visual cues in his work--and I think he could pull off the darker elements of the Chimera Ant arc with aplomb.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member brigid001's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Refraction View Post
    If we do get a new OVA, I really hope they get Furuhashi back as director; I wasn't all that fond of the directors for Greed Island. Furuhashi inputted some splendid visual cues in his work--and I think he could pull off the darker elements of the Chimera Ant arc with aplomb.
    Oh i never knew there was a different director for the ovas. But yea i would love Furuhashi back in that case. Yes i think he handled the darker moments in Hxh splendidly, he especially made hisoka really creepy O__o
    Fave Manga:
    20th Century Boys, Alive:The Final Evolution, Bokurano, Hunter x Hunter, Kamisama no Iutoori, Liar Game, Reborn,
    Shingeki no Kyojin, Shinigamisama ni Saigo no Onegai wo, Zetman.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Togashi's illness?

It's been some rumors flying around about tohashi having trouble drawing HxH, some people say it's because his back, others say it's because he's spending time with his kids or playing video games....
    Now i dont know what to believe, what do you think?

Negative Syndicate

Re: Togashi's illness?

So far, I really don't know why Togashi is taking so many breaks.

New Reply
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast