Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Soul Eater by OOKUBO Atsushi

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member OQO's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Soul Eater by OOKUBO Atsushi

WoW! I didn't know about this manga but it's really awesome!!!! It should have a bigger forum and I'm surprised it calls so few people (maybe it is because it is still quite unknown but the story has already started long ago). We should publicize it more!! I read the whole manga and watched the entire anime (wonderfully drawn!) in 1 week... it deserves it! So funny and deep at the same time! Just fantastic! I hope there's gonna be a second season for the anime... I'd like to see this manga part (Kiddo evil ) animated!

About the current situation I can't foresee what's gonna happen... I don't see BlackStar losing again, but Kiddo neither... he has to become a great villain for the next arc! Would be very very interesting! And, who knows... maybe BlackStar wont be able to pull out of insanity and will join him!

And... More Shinigami CHOOOOOP!!!!!

"Woooohooo! What a wonderful SIMMETRIA!!" ... Death the Kid(do)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member weird_pirate's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well i hope till xome out soon
    i saw a page tat had his eye as the star again like last time
    so it must b wow

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member daman246's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the reason this manga doesnt attract to many readers is because of the main heroine this is supose to be a shounen if the main heroine was never in soul eater and just like a character that has both her and protogonist personality and was a boy then this manga really wouldve been on top with bleach,naruto,onepiece

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Humm... I'm not convinced: Maka is obviously the main character but there's a good balance between her and the other two (BlackStar and Kiddo). It is as if they are all main characters, more or less. Maybe Kiddo's got less panels then the others, but BlackStar (and Soul!!! him too!!!) are quite on the same line. But, maybe your right anyway...

I didn't get something: who's that Blob thing in Eibon's book that made Kiddo go insane? An Old One? Which one? (I'm having a hard time finding good scanlations/translations of all chapters after onemanga closed, has someone a good site to link me? )

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

im thinkin it could b just some sort of insanity tat noah was a ble to find and left it in there and kidd being able to to find his way there and somehow tat blob of insaniy was able to get into kidd mind thus controlin him in a sort of way mayb and so black star will fight then mayb the blob will go after him to but being him, he'll regret it thus bein able to save kidd
    thus makin black star more badass

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, c'mon... is this forum dead? I didn't know about it myself a week ago, but now I can't believe no one wants to discuss such a beautiful simm..hemm MANGA! The story, the characters, the battles and the art itself are fantastic! And there would be so much to discuss... T_T

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think maka's battle sucked. Chainsaw should have gotten a proper ass kicking than that buzz kill of an ending... hehe buzz kill.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member JustMax's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OQO View Post
    Oh, c'mon... is this forum dead? I didn't know about it myself a week ago, but now I can't believe no one wants to discuss such a beautiful simm..hemm MANGA! The story, the characters, the battles and the art itself are fantastic! And there would be so much to discuss... T_T
    To be completely frank... And play the necromancer... This board is pretty strict on what you can talk about. Just a few months ago almost all new posts were deleted even when they were talking about the chapter. So honestly I think no one wants to post in a board like this anymore.
    It's a shame, and I'll probably get another infriction for saying this, but the mods have been TOO STRICT around here. Though now things have turned for the better and have been better for awhile. But the damage is done nonetheless... So that's the reason I think people just stopped talking about it all together and just choose to lurk and leech ^^

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member p1xel's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah,awesome chapter.Some people didn`t like it but i think very good...
    Maybe Black Star will get the power of nothingless too...The fight just began and that star on his eye...:P Maka got owned,Giricco destroyed himself.Hmm,that wasn`t a good idea...but she had to win:P.Soul eater is epic win.

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustMax View Post
    To be completely frank... And play the necromancer... This board is pretty strict on what you can talk about.
    So that's the reason I think people just stopped talking about it all together and just choose to lurk and leech ^^
    Oh... ok, understood. But, what do you mean exactly by strict? What are the rules? Are they written somewhere? It's always better to have a look...

I liked the last chapter too. Giriko's unusual way to dye was good for a change and spared Maka epicness for later in the story (better so or she would become more obnoxious than *Excalibur*, and he can't loose his spotlight!).
    I'm really looking forward to B*S and Kiddo's fight! But, to be honest, I hope B*S fails (he can't really outdo the Gods, can he?). Kiddo's great in his evil form and I wish he remains like this for a gooood while... till Liz&Patti save him, at least. kiddo never showed his true abilities (I don't count that time with Brew, 'cause it was the magic tool doing), his OCD has been always in the way. Now they are fighting in almost nothingness... he has to win over B*S or he would appear a very lousy shinigami!
    About the Great old ones... Excalibur is certainly one of them, right? He appeared in the chapter of "rage", thus he should be the one infusing rage in people (and sure he does!)... so, supposing that Ashura is "terror", the Blod-octopus thing is the "power" one (in fact he is giving power to both Kiddo and B*S)... now... is he/it meting power equally or in the way it is supposed to be? If B*S or Kiddo win, it would be because of their true power or a gift of god?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

uhuh i think tat somehow the star came out but his way of bushido would somehow over come the urge towards tat kind of power thus wantin to fight him wth his own way of things without the power bust, and i think black star will win i mean ppl love the normal kid(nuttin wrong with the new one) so theyll want him to b the same-ish again, thus mayb openin the book and have the whole fights in the hq of noah then leavin medusa as the main then the kishin
    woooo

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member JustMax's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OQO View Post
    Oh... ok, understood. But, what do you mean exactly by strict? What are the rules? Are they written somewhere? It's always better to have a look...
    Well the problem is that the rules are interpreted differently depending on the moderator, or at least that's what I've seen.
    For instance saying that "in that one chapter there was a Street Fighter Shoryuken homage" got deleted.
    Then attempts to start a discussion, like saying "I thought this chapter *insert something here*" were also deleted.
    I was a bit stupid then and tried to challenge the moderators. I'm just happy they're a more lenient now

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anybody know who might be the other Warlord on this page? From left to right we have Eibon - (Mystery) - Shinigami - Asura - Great Old One. The GOO told Kid he already knows this person, so it should be a character we have encountered in the story so far. Or it could have happened off screen in Kid's past.

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Does anybody know who might be the other Warlord on this page? From left to right we have Eibon - (Mystery) - Shinigami - Asura - Great Old One. The GOO told Kid he already knows this person, so it should be a character we have encountered in the story so far. Or it could have happened off screen in Kid's past.
    I wrote about him just some posts before yours... the mystery guy is
    Spoiler show

The raw of chapter 78 is out and I have a "crude translation" of it too... can I post a link? I don't remember the new rules...
    Last edited by OQO; September 13, 2010 at 02:29 PM.

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

okkey...

Spoiler show
    Last edited by OQO; September 14, 2010 at 07:48 AM.

17. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast