Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gantz

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Gantz

well, i want to know how many people have seen this one...

i read it on anime-source.com but aside from that i will need to look for recent links to download it...i havent finish still a long way to go.
    <br />[B]Looking for translators for hayai scanations...current project Rave Master.<br />go to <br />Topic Requesting Translators

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: GANTZ

I have seen some episodes of the anime. It's got a really interesting story, nothing ordinary.
    I mean, it's kinda hard on some parts.

www.stoptazmo.com as well as http://www.mangadownload.net/manga.php hosts this series perhaps you can have a look at these sites to find the recent chapters.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz

I've not seen the Anime.

But I tell you the Manga is fantastic.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miso
    I have seen some episodes of the anime. It's got a really interesting story, nothing ordinary.
    I mean, it's kinda hard on some parts.

www.stoptazmo.com as well as http://www.mangadownload.net/manga.php hosts this series perhaps you can have a look at these sites to find the recent chapters.
    i almost got fired on my job because i was just downlaiding anime ep 1* (guess it...lol) when it finished and i was hiding from my boss to watch it it start woith....LOL

let it to your imagination.
    <br />[B]Looking for translators for hayai scanations...current project Rave Master.<br />go to <br />Topic Requesting Translators

Post Thanks / Like

the first few anime episodes do follow the manga pretty closely. i heard that the rest of them are crap. as of 03/09/06, there are 227 chapters out. for the last few chapters, the mangaka has had a nasty little habit of taking a week off. so recently there's only been 2 chapters each month, as opposed to his old, weekly release schedule.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member walkie's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

i have read mang up to 224, if i remember right..this manga is surely full of blood, and sometimes some erotic parts in it..i also know some translators who are translating unwillingly because of blood-secenes but as general i like that manga, although there are better mangas from gantz, i believe it worths to take a look

i know nothing about anime, by the way

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I've read the first volume of Gantz, it's pretty different from what I'm used to - pretty sci fi. It's got nice art and I'm curious enough to move on, though I must say I'm glad Kato is there, Kei's a jerk so far. ( I know he'll probably get better as the story goes on but he's a major jerk at this point. )

The nudity is a bit too much in some parts though - I don't have a problem with nudity if it fits in with the story, but here it's pretty obvious it's just for eye candy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member walkie's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight
    The nudity is a bit too much in some parts though - I don't have a problem with nudity if it fits in with the story, but here it's pretty obvious it's just for eye candy.
    yes, absolutely...but if you read volume one only, you have seen nothing yet

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member zetman's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

what chapter comes right after the end of the anime?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to say it but the anime made their own ending and do not follow the manga. The first season is pretty accurate but the second season is total nonsens and the ending in the anime is pitiful compared to the work made by the mangaka. There is also a huge diffrence between the dvd and the first tv sent version. I think in the first season alone they added enough material to the dvds to constitute 2 whole episodes so make sure you catch the dvd version.

However my suggestion would be to reread the whole manga to get accurate information if you find the anime intresting.

Rumours has it that the reason he has been so slow in releasing lately is because his assistant quit and he his currently looking for a new one... later on he will pick up his pace to weekly releases again.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member siegfried's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow I was never expecting this in the begining but I finished all the chapters in a dash(cause I dont like sci fi stories very much).character development of kei kurano is very deep and impressive.I cant stop from wondering what will happen next.first time a book or a manga or anything effected my daily life this much.I feel that I wont be the same person I used to be after reading this.

if you can see through the real story , from all that nudity,gore,blood etc. I beileve that everybody can like this as much as I liked.
    Things not going you way?You pick up your toys and go home.That is it?

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Gantz started out great, but I have to agree with the crew at Omanga: the serie turned out in a shitty way. I'm surprised I read to chapter 200 before I quit. Besides, Gantz is more shounen than Seinen, if anything.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea the series is great, I just think they do a bit much with the sex scenes(especially Kei's girlfriend she looks so young). I really was surprised, at first it was just a moderatly entertaining but I got hooked.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member FHT's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen all the anime and some of the manga, and it's the best!!!

I love at first sight.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast