Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sasuke's Space-Time Ninjutsu

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 1337 haxor's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Sasuke's Space-Time Ninjutsu

I think I worked out the mechanics behind Sasuke's space-time Jutsu.

It all goes back to the infamous Great Snake Escape and explains it aswell.

As we all know, Kuchyose is a Ninjustu which uses the user's chakra to distort space-time in order to instantly move a summon from it's current location miles away.

We also know that those with a powerful Dojutsu can increase the power and duration of their Kuchyose.

My theory is that Sasuke learned how to manipulate the space-time aspect of Kuchyose in order to dilatate time around his chakra.

This explains how he was able to summon Manda, control it and teleport it away while the explosion went off right behind him.

Because Sasuke was dilatating time, he acted like an object closer to the speed of light, Deidara's explosion was like the twin who stood 80 years in the train station while Sasuke took a ride on the light-speed train.

That ability is now magnified to it's logical extreme, because of the unlimited Kuchyose ability of the Rinnegan, Sasuke can dilatate his time to a halt around the area of his Kuchyose.

He can stop time now which puts him on an even higher level than the godlike speed Naruto has achieved.
    Captain Mashima and Admiral Kishimoto give your ships one big fat F*** YOU ALL!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sasuke's Space-Time Ninjutsu

Huh?

Kuchyose no jutsu (summoning technique) uses teleportation, in other words it's a space-time ninjutsu.

Suigetsu summoned the Manda with Sasuke inside of it, so he escaped the explosion instantly. That's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    Huh?

Kuchyose no jutsu (summoning technique) uses teleportation, in other words it's a space-time ninjutsu.

Suigetsu summoned the Manda with Sasuke inside of it, so he escaped the explosion instantly. That's all.
    I am talking about the improbable time to do the Kuchyose, put Manda under control and the unsummon him while the explosion had already went off.

Sasuke could be dilatating time so as to move faster than a blast.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Would make no sense as kuchiyose has no distance limit while Sasuke has a limited range.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the pause/stop time deal. Not with the rest of it.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Would make no sense as kuchiyose has no distance limit while Sasuke has a limited range.
    Space and time are the two forms of the same thing, when someone uses Kuchyose, it warps space to disloge an animal from a great distance but said animal will still appear in the vicinity of the summoner.

Sasuke learned how to control the time aspect of Kuchyose, instead of simply dislodging an animal from afar, he simultaneously warps time around the summoning area to make all of his action incredibly faster during the summon.

By using the unlimited Kuchyose of the Rinnegan, he can now extend the time warping effect of his summon to the point of halting the time around the are of his invocation.

Remember that Pain could use Animal Path to summon his other bodies and Konan so is not unreasonable that Sasuke found a way to summon himself to stop time.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Might as well mostly-repost here.

It affects a range around Sasuke, but is otherwise exactly the same as the definition of Izanagi. It *seems* like another yin-yang genjutsu, but without the associated drawbacks of Izanagi. "The user takes disadvantages like wounds or even death and turns them into nothing more than a dream! And then takes his own attacks or other advantageous objects and makes them real." The only difference between the two is 1) it affects people in a large range around the user, as opposed to the user's "personal space", and 2) it doesn't disable the eye.

This pretty much describes everything Sasuke accomplished in 674 against Madara and visually it doesn't look like any S/T jutsu, which all have a signifying visual to go along with them: FTG has the speed lines in the direction of teleportation, Kamui has the characteristic spiral, and summoning has the "POOF" smoke. Sasuke's new jutsu simply changes what the viewer perceives which to me, seems exactly like genjutsu.

My conclusion is that it's a sort of 'missing link' ability in between Izanagi and Banbutsu Sozo, in terms of capacity to alter reality.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Maldives
    Post Thanks / Like

i call BS on all these theories, no offense
    the way i see it sasuke has complete spatial control over a certain area around him. Within this area he can freely teleport himself, any object and even other people.
    case and point: first when he teleported himself to avoid madara's lightning.
    second when he teleported his sword which was nowhere near him to an oncoming madara who was in mid air.
    and lastly when he teleported madara in between him and naruto so their attacks can connect.

basically if you look at what we have seen it easily rules out time dilation or whatever time related attacks otherwise it would mean that in the final example he and naruto started towards each other with their attacks, sasuke stops time, walks over to madara and drags him in between him and naruto, resumes time to strike. call me crazy but thats just stupid. sometimes its best to focus on the simplest solution instead of going over the top with time dilation using a kuchiyose

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Haxor, I swear we need to chat on skype sometime. We would have some incredible theory sessions.

Sort of off topic but just a theory i had regarding how Madara summoned Susanoo without eyes.
    It's that he did have eyes when revived. But his original blind eyes. And Itachi has shown us Susanoo can be summoned even with blind eyes.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

While I disagree with the original poster's explanation on Sasuke's kuchiyose escape method (Sasuke simply summoned him, hopped inside, and then unsummoned him), I agree that the Rinnegan ability has something to do with Kuchiyose (making it an S/T jutsu)

The Rinnegan grants access to all chakra pathways, and Animal Realm grants the ability to summon several animals. The Rinnegan user can also summon their Rikudou bodies and be summoned by them. Kuchiyose works by spending chakra proportionate to the size of what you wanna teleport. It teleports the object to the immediate vicinity of the summoner.

Sasuke's immediate vicinity is everywhere inside of his jutsu's radius. And he spends the chakra (just like Kuchiyose) to move anything within his radius, to anywhere in his radius.

I don't think it's Izanagi for the reasons stated in the discussion thread (Izanagi only works on the user), I don't think it's Genjutsu (can't cast Genjutsu on a sword), and I don't think it's Banbutsu Sozo because I don't think that's something that Sasuke would be allowed to use without Naruto (this is in fact the ability that created the Bijuu).

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I highly doubt it can stop time as well, seeing as how, well, this fight should have been a lot easier as he could of stopped time and damaged Madara to an extreme extent by now. That's not to say that his ability has nothing to do with time.

To me, it looks like his eye gave him the ability to briefly reverse his own time stream, while time flows regular for everyone else.

He never dodged that first move as he displaced himself to a point in time before he actually landed next to Naruto, allowing Madara's lightening to miss him. Don't need to dodge if you were never in harms away in the first place.

Which would mean that Sasuke never teleported the sword, more like he reversed his personal time stream to the point when he actually threw the sword as his sword appears to have have the same trajectory it had when he threw it the first time.

Whatever the case, it's limited to a certain radius.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it has anything to do with Izanagi. The effect of Izanagi is to cause the opponent to miss all of his attacks, and making it impossible to avoid yours.

All we know is that Sasuke or his sword instantly disappeared and appeared somewhere else, and Madara said he didn't "moved".

I can think of two possibilities: 1) He can switch the location of everything around him, similar to Law from One Piece. 2) He can stop the time for a brief intanst.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

I'll explain any ideas I have.

The point is not that he had anything close to his current power, he just had a principle.

The plot-hole of the Great Snake Escape was that Sasuke did the whole thing with Manda in an impossibly short time because Deidara had already exploded when he began his escape.

If he used the Kuchyose to warp time as he summoned Manda then it would make sense the explosion got "slower" as Sasuke warped time around him to make himself faster.

Don't confuse the teleportation of the animal with the time-warp produced around the caster, they are not the point of the theory.
    Last edited by Gats; May 21, 2014 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Supressing bashing quote

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    If he used the Kuchyose to warp time as he summoned Manda then it would make sense the explosion got "slower" as Sasuke warped time around him to make himself faster.
    if you get faster , time will become " slower " for you ... a physic theory ...

but for kishi , only plot holes matter

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

Quote Originally Posted by mh200 View Post
    if you get faster , time will become " slower " for you ... a physic theory ...

but for kishi , only plot holes matter
    Indeed, that's the point of Sasuke warping time. He somehow is picking up on the space-time distortion of Kuchyose to speed himself closer to the speed of light and thus acting as if everything, including an already set off blast, is too slow to bother him.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast